Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

Cross gen game so I can play it on my PS4 pls.

Not mentioning it seems rather telling. There's no need to NDA PS4 development anymore, logo exists and a lot of devs announced PS4 games this GDC.

Snake isn't voiced by Hayter.

Not sure how to feel about that.

He didn't voice the Snake sword in Rising hence why we didn't get it in the DLC. Maybe theres a reason to why he isn't Snake in this game either.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Not mentioning it seems rather telling. There's no need to NDA PS4 development anymore, logo exists and a lot of devs announced PS4 games this GDC.

Perhaps they're saving it up for an E3 stage demo.

Without a release date, seems like this would go to 2014 and by then it'd be dumb not to capitalize on a fresh console launch.

Also, no way this can run as good as it should on PS360.

So, no Wii U version (yet) and no David Hayter.

*sigh* unless the new guy is good, I'll just get the PC version and set it to Japanese

So, no Wii U version (yet) and no David Hayter.

*sigh* unless the new guy is good, I'll just get the PC version and set it to Japanese

Even if there was a Wii U version, Nintendo NDA's all announcements of their own. If it ends up on a Nintendo platform it'll be announced by them during a Direct or something.

Oh yeah, that's right! Derp. And besides, that leaked list from the Miiverse hack DID show Metal Gear Solid in it so

• Thumbs Up 2

Tactical Horse Action!

I thought the horse battle looked really cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tactical Horse Action!

I thought the horse battle looked really cool.

And it turned out that flaming horse? It wasn't a hallucination made by Young Mantis

Moby Dick Studios, remove the words "Moby" and "Studios" and what'll you get?

Is Volgin back from the dead and who is the scarred man?  

I only just now realized that the guy who's riding the horse with Big Boss is Ocelot.

MGSV Gameplay (with somewhat poor-ish quality, will update later with something better)

Edit: I like the new guy's voice. I need to hear him speak some more though.

Moby Dick Studios, remove the words "Moby" and "Studios" and what'll you get?

Is Volgin back from the dead and who is the scarred man?  

Volgin is what appears to be a hallucination. Whether Mantis is doing this or somebody else, is unknown.
The scarred man? You mean the guy in the bandages in the hospital? At the beginning of the trailer you see Big Boss go into a coma through his perspective, so I'm guessing he's a new character who was a soldier at Mother Base.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

Is the fact that Big Boss has lost the lower part of his left arm a retcon? I mean, I am sure he had both complete arms in MGS4, Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2. 

What is it with Hideo Kojima's obsession with making the hero blind in one eye (Solidus, Big Boss and Raiden) and cutting an arm off (Ocelot, Big Boss, Raiden). Come on Hideo try hacking off a different part of the human body for a change, which sounds a bit morbid.

Volgin is what appears to be a hallucination. Whether Mantis is doing this or somebody else, is unknown.

The scarred man? You mean the guy in the bandages in the hospital? At the beginning of the trailer you see Big Boss go into a coma through his perspective, so I'm guessing he's a new character who was a soldier at Mother Base.

Could the masked figure be Elisa/Ursula? A young woman who possessed powerful ESP and psychic abilities who made her debut in Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.

Is the fact that Big Boss has lost the lower part of his left arm a retcon? I mean, I am sure he had both complete arms in MGS4, Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2. 

What is it with Hideo Kojima's obsession with making the hero blind in one eye (Solidus, Big Boss and Raiden) and cutting an arm off (Ocelot, Big Boss, Raiden). Come on Hideo try hacking off a different part of the human body for a change, which sounds a bit morbid.

I can't really remember if he had it or not in MG 1 &2, but in MGS4,

He said something along the lines of how they had used  different body parts from Solidus and Liquid to fix up Big Boss's body.  It's really confusing.

Same Metal Gear Solid 5 Trailer but with higher quality. 

MGSV Gameplay (with somewhat poor-ish quality, will update later with something better)

Here is the improved quality of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Gameplay Trailer. 

I think that the voice actor for Big Boss here in MGS5 is the same guy who voiced him at the ending of MGS4. How knows, but it is still kinda sad that David ain't giving his voice for Big Boss/Naked Snake in this one. His Snake Voice is pretty iconic.

I think that the voice actor for Big Boss here in MGS5 is the same guy who voiced him at the ending of MGS4. How knows, but it is still kinda sad that David ain't giving his voice for Big Boss/Naked Snake in this one. His Snake Voice is pretty iconic.

Do you mean Richard Doyle? He also voiced The Fury in Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, and it makes sense as Big Boss is aging. 

Metal Gear Solid 5: Notes on 18 key images from the reveal trailer Storyline hints include attack on MSF base and the rise of mysterious new faction called Diamond Dogs. David Hayter dropped for Metal Gear Solid 5 Iconic voice of Snake not asked to participate in sequel

David Hayter, famous in gaming circles for providing the iconic voice of Solid Snake, is not involved in the production of the just-announced Metal Gear Solid 5.

image_299245_thumb_wide300.jpg

The voice actor/writer confirmed as much via Twitter when he told fans he wasn't playing the role of Snake in the new game.

"Well look," he said, "At least I had a good run."

When asked if he was at least approached by producer Hideo Kojima or his team, Hayter responded, "Nope".

HIdeo Kojima has revealed Metal Gear Solid 5 as a cross-pollination of both Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain at a press conference in Los Angeles today.

The first Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer can be viewed here, and a six-minute gameplay video is here.

The fans' response to David Hayter's absence is this petition:https://www.change.org/petitions/kojima-productions-bring-back-david-hayter-as-the-voice-actor-for-snake-in-mgs-v Why am I not surprised?

Edited by Kareemadeem

Wow. They didn't even approach him? Pretty stupid and this could hurt them badly from the backlash.

Well to be fair, Big Boss is pretty old at this point and Snake in MGS4 was only old because of quickened aging.

Didn't Big Boss have a different voice actor in MGS4? His voice changed, and he's a lot older now. They're probably just trying to bridge the gap a bit or something. Might be the same guy who voiced in in 4.

Didn't Big Boss have a different voice actor in MGS4? His voice changed, and he's a lot older now. They're probably just trying to bridge the gap a bit or something. Might be the same guy who voiced in in 4.

You're correct, it was Richard Doyle.

Listening to Big Boss in this game and in MGS4, they sound like different people, but who knows.

This isn't really that big of a deal for me. I understand how alot of people feel like Hayter's voice is iconic and part of the series' charm, but they already changed his VA before, so changing it again isn't that shocking for me. Now if Solid Snake was the main character and Hayter wasn't voicing him, then I'd be alot more upset because I usually associate Hayter's voice with Solid Snake more so then Big Boss.

Some people are saying maybe the different voice is a plot point in the game and Kojima's fucking with us, but if that was the case then why is the Snake/Big Boss' usual VA in Japan still voicing him in this game?

In the end it doesn't really matter that much for me. A shame though.

Changing subjects real quick, Metal Gear Solid V details

- The first open world MGS - the beginning is linear though since it serves as tutorial
- Currently schedulded for Xbox 360 + PS3 (Maybe even next-gen consoles, possible announcement at E3)
- Trailer is in real-time, running on Kojima Production's FOX Engine
- Snake is NOT voiced by Hayter (duh), Rumor: Kiefer Sutherland

- MGSV = Ground Zeroes + The Phantom Pain: "Ground Zeroes is a prologue of MGSV. 9 years after that event will be The Phantom Pain. MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game TPP. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of TPP which is tutorial that starts from crawling." - Joakim Mogren
- Snake wakes up 9 years after being in a coma and has lost many of his movement capabilities
- The whole hospital sequence is basically the tutorial of MGSV
- A bandaged man who introduces himself as Ishmael tries to help Snake to escape

Also here's the Ground Zeroes demo in the daytime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0T2xO8ffqY

And some gifs I'm stealing borrowing from Gaf, just cause.

iuaocSysuc43H.gif
iHCRIKPb6Rk8B.gif
ibzUcBLTIokHg3.gif

ibhiRogyC74gKj.gif 
iQbdSu2tyJ2fD.gif

Looks gorgeous, very hyped to see what MGSV has to offer.

Oh and............
The truth behind Joakim Morgen

JSiIlYd.jpg

TeamCG wins yet again.

Somewhere sometime Kojima said Metal Gear solid is all about cycles, so that would explain that.

As for Big Boss having a new voice, yeah I'll miss Hayter's Snake too, however, I feel like I've heard rumblings of Metal Gear 1 & 2 being remade eventually. In those games Big Boss and Solid Snake meet each other, so it would definitely future-proof that encounter so it doesn't sound like one guy having a conversation with himself (as amazing as that would be).