Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

Platforms confirmed are PS3 & Xbox 360. No Wii-U.

Well that trailer was... erm... not as exciting as the media made it out to be. The transition from the cut scene to the gameplay though... holy wow, seamless.... the gameplay was... erm... well it looked nice thats for sure all 30 seconds of it. Would have been nice to see all the other stuff that the Pax journos did.

I'm guessing they released this trailer more for the zomigod graphics! Dat transition! As apposed to showing us stuff about th egame? Well maybe if I could read the subtitles.

EPIC TRAILER!!!!:D I am officially hyped for this game. So this is like a prologue to MGS5 from what I've heard. interesting.....basically the kh3d of the metal gear franchise.lol

You mean the trailer? People are saying it is on the EU one.

Huh? *checks the store* I don't see it on the PS store at the moment.

EPIC TRAILER!!!!biggrin.png I am officially hyped for this game. So this is like a prologue to MGS5 from what I've heard. interesting.....basically the kh3d of the metal gear franchise.lol

Yeah, but what baffles me is how they are going to continue after MGS4, where Snake basically is an old man and retires? I suppose they could call him out of retirement, but that would kinda feel like a cop out.

Edited by Zero

You mean the trailer? People are saying it is on the EU one.

Nope, the game. Snake loves to keep us waiting.

But at least he apologizes!

Yeah, but what baffles me is how they are going to continue after MGS4, where Snake basically is an old man and retires? I suppose they could call him out of retirement, but that would kinda feel like a cop out.

Prequel. This is Naked Snake (MGS3 aka Big Boss), not Solid. Unless I missed something.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I thought Kojima confirmed Solid snakes story ended with MGS4. So maybe either a new guy, or Raiden... Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Be honest... if Kojima had said 'This is a PS4 and Xbox 720 launch title' How many people would have believed him/thought something like Holy shit! The next gen consoles can do that!? Just think, that trailer is using PS3 and Xbox 360 specs. Ok maybe they're a tad touched up since it's a public trailer, but damn, thats what he can do with tech which is getting on for what 6, 7 years old? Think what he can do with a PS4 dev kit!

• Thumbs Up 1

Prequel. This is Naked Snake (MGS3 aka Big Boss), not Solid. Unless I missed something.

Oh. Well that makes more sense. I suppose that's kinda the only way they could go without making it feel like a excuse plot.

Edited by Zero

Yeah this is Big boss. Snake is said to have some role apparently in the game, but it probably won't be major. I'm guessing this is after Peace walker. Wonder how this will tie into MGS5 though...

So who is that guy with no skin on his face? Definitely not Gray Fox. Can't think of anyone like that already in the series.

So who is that guy with no skin on his face? Definitely not Gray Fox. Can't think of anyone like that already in the series.

Isn't that Zero? No, i don't thinks so....It's someone else.

Edit: So from the subs We can all pretty much agree that That kid is obviously Snake/David.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I'd kill to see more of Liquid's past in this game. There's only so many prequels Kojima can cram into the main timeline and the upbringing of the Les Enfants Terribles is probably the one thing I'd love to know more of.

The identity of the white faced/skelleton like dude according to some MGS 'experts/fans'

Frank Jaeger aka Grey Fox, the cyborg ninja guy from MGS, before he goes robot.

Edit: Oh ok maybe it's not then.

This looks amazing. I can't believe it's for this gen. Wow.

The identity of the white faced/skelleton like dude according to some MGS 'experts/fans'

Frank Jaeger aka Grey Fox, the cyborg ninja guy from MGS, before he goes robot.

Edit: Oh ok maybe it's not then.

People actually thought the guy could be Fox? It's like they don't actually know the character. This is him before he's turned in to the ninja:

Gray_Fox_%28MG2%29.gif

That area looked vast-that's what I like to see in MGS games. The guy says missions which makes me think that this may be similar to Peace Walker rather than the format of games like MGS2 & MGS3? Not sure if I am happy with that.

The game looks so boss right now. So that's the FOX-Engines powers eh? Looked really nice to me. And I also like the idea of an open world enviroment. It opens up new ways and possibilities to complete your task / mission.

And I am happy that this is going to be on 360 as well..since I don't own a PS3.

This looks exciting, and it seems like Kojima did it again. Haha!

EDIT: That guy without any skin on his face...could that be..Volgin? Nah..maybe Zero? lol.

Edited by TheBlueHedgehogAUT

Trailer was nice, but I was really hoping for some actual gameplay besides random running and then just going into an evac chopper. For now, not exactly excited as of yet.