Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

It's just that the cutscenes felt so... lifeless. I mean...

Classic Tails just shows up out of nowhere, and without Classic Sonic even questioning who he is, there's no remark as to why Classic Sonic doesn't speak... and the overall interaction between the two Sonics is a total joke (not counting the ending scene. That was one of the good moments). When they first come in contact with each other, there's a great "mirror gag", and then after that, what? Classic Sonic just comes out of a boss gate, and the two just look at each other. No playful rivalry, nothing. It's like someone sucked half of their personalities away. Also, no Classic Amy or Knuckles was a total missed opportunity if you ask me.

Why does Classic Sonic need to question Classic Tails' appearance? It is assumed that they know each other...As for Classic Tails' random appearance, one can only assume that a cutscene was chopped out. Playful rivalries would have been nice, but they would have gone nowhere, mainly because there isn't much to complete about in all honesty. I will completely disagree about sucked out personality. The fact that Modern Sonic didn't speak when he rescued his friends was really refreshing. The facial expressions were fantastic and did a better job of showing what Sonic was feeling, better than any dialogue. Much more natural too. Sonic's reaction Charmy was absolutely priceless.

Classic Amy is a non-existant character. So is Classic Knuckles, especially considering how both versions of Knux look almost identical. Nothing of importance was lost from their omission. At least that is my opinion.

Summarily, Generations' plot is lacking in terms of actual plot. The plot itself is very thin. This isn't helped by the hubworld. Whilst it is fantastic and all that, its also the centrepiece of the whole game. This means there is little atmosphere because its a white void completely cut off from the Sonic world. What it does better than any game before it, is reduce the amount of talking, which is fantastic. I don't want to hear expository dialogue all the time and sometimes a gesture or facial animation is enough. Need to see more of this but perhaps with a fuller story.

Next game should hopefully involve less nostalgia and should be a brand new experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, I'm cool with story as it is. Probably because I'm too used to games showing off anything related to plot that much. Like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, you only get an idea of what's going on with the mini cutscenes with Knuckles & Eggman here and there. I can see why most people can get annoyed by the lack of story, but I'm not extremely bothered about it. This is just right for me, I'd say.

I like how Cream has some kind of trick animations.

Also, Cream & Chao flying after you with that music makes this mission look very cute.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dat Seaside Hill at night.

Can't believe I would ever say this but Rouge is now legitimately sexy. HOT DAMN.

I like how Cream has some kind of trick animations.

Also, Cream & Chao flying after you with that music makes this mission look very cute.

Well, whoever wanted moar 3D platforming, you gots it.

It's funny how this looks like the Hard Mode Version from Sonic Adventure 2.

So is Generations' story going to be another one of those things that split the fanbase?

If so, I can't wait for the hundreds of topics it will spawn

Edited by Soniman032-

So is Generations' story going to be another one of those things that split the fanbase?

If so, I can't wait for the hundreds of topics it will spawn

Well, Classic Eggman seems to be angry at Modern Eggman at the end even saying that he will avoid doing that Time Eater plan in the future.

Edited by Tmsp

The only thing i'm disappointed in was the lack of references to the other games. Like 06. No reference to the tornado,No mentioning "hey i don't remember this place, although i do have a deja vu feeling."Kind of scene. It really is a let down they didn't use this opportunity to make fun of themselves. Also the rivals. I don't get why they just aren't the rival of that era. Like why it isn't 06 silver or adventure 2 shadow. It just for me makes it more confusing. That's my only complaint about this game.

Moving on I love the reference to Mazuri and sweet mountain in planet wisp!smile.png (the burger and tree)

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the consistency with mission music.

The Balloon Park mix seems to be for missions as Classic Sonic, some for Modern, where you have a friend helping you out in some form

The Super Sonic Racing mix looks like it's Classic and Modern Sonic's racing theme against another character

The Emerald Beach mix is for Classic Sonic too, when he's being hindered or challenged by a friend in a way that isn't exactly a race

The 3D Blast mix is exclusively for Modern Sonic, where he's being helped by a friend

I don't know what the alternate mix for Balloon Park and Quick Race are...

That's what I've pieced so far, anyway.

Edited by Indigo Generations

So, we've been told there's a whole load of unlockables in this game. Do we know everything now or is it possible there's still some things we don't know about hidden in the game?

Poor classic Sonic. I've done the maths, and he has six versus missions as opposed to modern Sonic only having three!

Poor classic Sonic. I've done the maths, and he has six versus missions as opposed to modern Sonic only having three!

So modern has more bosses less vs missions while classic only has 2 bosses and 6 vs missions?!Poor Classic...

I will agree that the story needs much more substance.=/ I have no problems with the cutscenes themselves, but still SEGA, you could have done so much more.

However, this game offically has my favorite ending in a Sonic game ever. ^_^

I will agree that the story needs much more substance.=/ I have no problems with the cutscenes themselves, but still SEGA, you could have done so much more.

However, this game offically has my favorite ending in a Sonic game ever. happy.png

I hate the ending yet I love it.

Because (As I've said once before) This is Classic Sonic's last appearance, and I feel like it was over too soon for him...

Hmm As much as I love the missions, I kinda wish they had more remixes playing for specific characters.

The Club Rouge theme would've been perfect for the Temptress Rouge mission, and Library playing for one of Creams missions.

I know they have many many remasterd trackes, but I would've love remixes for specific tracks.

So, we've been told there's a whole load of unlockables in this game. Do we know everything now or is it possible there's still some things we don't know about hidden in the game?

I don't think we've seen what that Mega Drive does yet.

How the f*** does Blaze fly? She is not using that fire boost from her shoes from what I can see.

Blaze has flown before. It's a little-known Easter egg-type thing. I can't remember if it's the same in Sonic Rush, but in Sonic Rush Adventure try bringing Blaze to the bottom screen and touch the screen. She starts levitating for no reason.

By the way, what happens when all Red Rings are collected?

It lets you play Sonic 1.

Oh cool. :D Fitting little easter egg for an anniversary game. ^_^

Blaze has flown before. It's a little-known Easter egg-type thing. I can't remember if it's the same in Sonic Rush, but in Sonic Rush Adventure try bringing Blaze to the bottom screen and touch the screen. She starts levitating for no reason.

...that was just a cartoon gag.

In the first Rush, Blaze just jumps up in fright, and then taps her foot, annoyed at the player. She seems to be showing off her power in Rush Adventure, but given that you make the levitation happen by breaking the fourth wall and poking at her, I'm not sure how canonical that is.

The beginning of this video shows how skills and music changing works.

And also Super Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3