Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I have never seen a topic derail so fast and so much in my entire life. I'm tempted to strike every one of you.

If you see no current use in this topic, just don't use it.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's a shame that IGN seem to be reviewing the inferior version of Generations.

What? It's the console version. OH you mean the PS3 one. Not 360 one.

Who knows, perhaps the review copy the reviewers have been sent will be improved upon release. It's not something Sega have done before, but then they do seem to be going all out with this game.

I'd just hate to see the game be let down with something as basic as frame rate, draw distance or resolution (720p stuffs), especially when so much effort has clearly been put into the design aspect of the game.

Those concerns about the story worry me though. Really want this game to finally have the narrative that is the perfect combo of funny, gripping and serious. Seeing as Colours managed to be the first game to get over the awkward dialogue hump and even managed to be funny on occasion.

Although the idea of in-jokes does sound good to me =P In any case, can't wait!

Yeah. The 360 version seems to run and look ever so slightly better than the PS3 version.

Edited by Neon

Now now. A review thread is no place for a console war discussion. Unless it somehow involves the Genesis or Dreamcast.

The fact that IGN wanted to stream it and looking at their reactions, it seems that they're very impressed with Generations. biggrin.png

Edited by Neon

Yeah. The 360 version seems to run and look ever so slightly better than the PS3 version.

Not as far as I can tell. I've played both and they run pretty much exactly the same, save for the visual differences caused by hardware discrepancies. The loading times I reckon are mainly a result of the Blu-Ray's slower reader, happens with all cross-platform games sadly.

Other than that, they're the same. IGN of course will have both versions and will make a few comparisons. They'll probably run it through diagnostics, so they'll find faults I could not detect with my eyes.

Long load times? RUINED FOR... never.

It's not like the PS3 version of Unleashed didn't have what looks to be the exact same load times and no one threw a fuss then, or that there is another infamous Sonic game with even longer load times, or anything like that...

Seriously. Complaints about loading times always sound like whining to me, especially when they aren't even that bad. It's not like the wait isn't worth it. Get some fucking patience and find something more legitimate to complain about.

Unlike '06, Unleashed loaded a lot quicker if you installed it. I'll be installing Generations right away, for sure.

Same here. Hopefully it improves the performance of the game, as well as the load times.

Unlike '06, Unleashed loaded a lot quicker if you installed it. I'll be installing Generations right away, for sure.

Me three!

Well im not complaining I have the PS3 version. Loading times don't matter to me. Gives me enough time to stretch before play time each level XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Whats really a shame is that you people think either system is better then the other, im not a huge xbox fan but i know its a powerfull system but so is the ps3.

If anything is better its the pc, so dont start with system comparisson cause it can go either way.

Whats really a shame is that you people think either system is better then the other, im not a huge xbox fan but i know its a powerfull system but so is the ps3.

If anything is better its the pc, so dont start with system comparisson cause it can go either way.

Uh before you try to say that, we weren't even doing that. It's been hinted that the PS3 version was having problems while the 360 was doing damn fine. So before you jump to conclusions get your facts straight.

Now on to other stuff. Any new reviews show up yet?

Uh before you try to say that, we weren't even doing that. It's been hinted that the PS3 version was having problems while the 360 was doing damn fine. So before you jump to conclusions get your facts straight.

Where did they say the PS3 version had problems?

Where did they say the PS3 version had problems?

A good chunk of the previews earlier this year. I'd search for them but I'm to lazy. But lets get back on topic before we both get "THE BACK HAND".

Neon says "inferior version" you say "Oh you mean the PS3 one", yeah you deffinatly wernt trying to say one is better then the other. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok im done now. I will now sit for a while curious about what ign will give generations, then im going to bed cause i have to get up at 9 so i can get ready for work., gotta have money to pay of generations at gamestop.

edit: Sorry neon and eternal booooooosh, anything that seems like ps3 and 360 comparisson really gets on my nerves, so again sorry this is the end of me talking about this my next post will be review related. Sorry and good night.

Edited by Eternlo

The fact that IGN wanted to stream it and looking at their reactions, it seems that they're very impressed with Generations. biggrin.png

"BRRAPP

BRRAPP"

I'm rather curious to see what IGN says now. Will the person who reviews it be one of the guys who played in the stream?

• Thumbs Up 1

"BRRAPP

BRRAPP"

I'm rather curious to see what IGN says now. Will the person who reviews it be one of the guys who played in the stream?

The article for the stream (don't have the link right now) oddly says they're both reviewing it.

EDIT:

Link:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1210752p1.html#disqus_thread

The article for the stream (don't have the link right now) oddly says they're both reviewing it.

EDIT:

Link:

http://uk.xbox360.ig...l#disqus_thread

Ah I see. I'm expecting a positive review then. The end and that dude's face at the start of the Perfect Chaos fight are pretty good indicators XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah I see. I'm expecting a positive review then. The end and that dude's face at the start of the Perfect Chaos fight are pretty good indicators XD

Lets all hope they give it a 9!