Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

It's probably going to happen.

It's understandable though. The voice is good as an indicator the first time she's used, but afterward, couldn't a simple chime be used to indicate you summoned her again? Regardless of what you think of her voice, having her chime in with a line every time she's summoned really detracts from the flow of the level and the music. It's the same issue with the Knuckles mission in GHZ.

It's probably going to happen.

It's understandable though. The voice is good as an indicator the first time she's used, but afterward, couldn't a simple chime be used to indicate you summoned her again? Regardless of what you think of her voice, having her chime in with a line every time she's summoned really detracts from the flow of the level and the music. It's the same issue with the Knuckles mission in GHZ.

You guys are forgetting something...optional...missions...

are optional....

Edited by V0YANT

More like guaranteed to take points away, Amy isn't exactly one of the more liked characters.

I like her, I just don't like her new voice and having to hear that during the mission.

You guys are forgetting something...optional...missions...

are optional....

It being an optional mission doesn't negate the fact that the issue is there in the first place.

Besides, if you want to 100% complete it, you've got to go through it.

Edited by Razor Wind

Okay, I will be the one asshole and ask for a bit more 2D platforming out of Modern. Jesus, they are using the 3D platforming as a crutch for 2D.

*implied trollface*

Not sure if serious.

It being an optional mission doesn't negate the fact that the issue is there in the first place.

Besides, if you want to 100% complete it, you've got to go through it.

There are over 90 missions in the game...and even some of the best games in the gaming franchise has undesired levels that people don't like.

Water Temple OOT anyone? In OOT the water temple is annoying as fuck, but you have to beat it in order to continue in the game. In this game you can play it if you want too.

The fact that is also simply extra content isn't deserved less a point of the game simply cause of a voice that is subjectively annoying in possibly 1 or 4 levels. That's stupid.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are over 90 missions in the game...and even some of the best games in the gaming franchise has undesired levels that people don't like.

Water Temple OOT anyone? The fact that is also simply extra content isn't deserved less a point of the game simply cause of a voice. That's stupid.

The Knuckles mission is LITTERED with Knuckles grunting and screaming. The Amy mission has her spewing out lines every time shes summoned AND every time she uses her hammer.

Going by what we know, it seems that EVERY mission with another character in it is going to be filled with these lines, and that's really going to detract from the gameplay, especially if the mission in question is a stroke of designing genius. I have a feeling this is really going to affect the Audio score in reviews.

Hell, I have had no issue with the voices of any of the characters whatsoever throughout the entirety of the 3D games, and I'm tempted to turn the Sound Effects tab all the way to mute if that takes care of the voices.

Not sure if serious.

I was going to point out a specific few to make the trolling more obvious, but I wanted to be a little subtle.

And yes. I am joking. With GHZ, CPZ, and CC, there really doesn't need to be stage with heavy emphasis of 2D platforming out of Modern. Especially since Classic seems to be only 2D platforming.

The Knuckles mission is LITTERED with Knuckles grunting and screaming. The Amy mission has her spewing out lines every time shes summoned AND every time she uses her hammer.

So I guessing that this should also be a problem for Modern Sonic....since he practically grunting and yelling the entire time during his gameplay? Or how about Mario Galaxy when you have Mario saying YAHOOOOOOOOO practically the entire time.

Gotcha game gonna get a 3.5 now from IGN and other sites.

On a serious note I'm sure there going to be options to turn stuff down in the game....to be honest the SFX are a bit too high in the first place.

Edited by V0YANT

Yeah, if what I hear about the other characters yelling/grunting throughout a mission, it's probably not going bode well with reviewers who have already voiced their displeasure with other characters...

Take this discussion to the other thread. Jeez. The only time that I want to read about moaning and grunting is when readingTornado's pony fiction.

Uh, could stuff from fans go in one of the spoiler topics, and not this one?

Edited by Blue Blood

Was notes that big of a spoiler? sorry guys

Any and all of it is a spoiler, and does not belong in this topic. All of the fan reception should go in it's own topic. If there isn't one yet, one needs to be made.