Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Based on IGN's hyping of SG, I'm thinking the score will be somewhere between an 8.5-9.5.

So my bet is on a solid 9. 8.5 just doesn't seem quite high enough for a game like Generations given their hype of it, while a 9.5 seems a little unlikely.

IGN rates on the .5 scale. So it can't get 8.7. tongue.png

Hmmm. Wonder who I'm thinking of that rates on a .1 scale =/

Based on IGN's hyping of SG, I'm thinking the score will be somewhere between an 8.5-9.5.

So my bet is on a solid 9. 8.5 just doesn't seem quite high enough for a game like Generations given their hype of it, while a 9.5 seems a little unlikely.

That would put it at the same level as Battlefield 3. Just saiyan

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

If they score high, IGN is great, its a good review, well-written

If they score low, herp derp can't spell ignorant without IGN so terrible who listens to these fucks

the IGN Cycle

Mario Galaxy Got a 9.7 from them.

That was back in 2007, things have changes since then.

EDIT: Ninja'd! ph34r.png

That would put it at the same level as Battlefield 3. Just saiyan

I know...even better for Sonic! When someone then says "BAWWW, DIS GAEM SUX HARD!!", you just say "Mate, it's in the same league as BF3 tongue.png "

That'll shut'em up.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Expecting an 8.5 from IGN... hoping for a 10. Hmm, let's go with 9 for a prediction.

REALLY eager to see how this game scores overall. I've got a good feeling. ^^

Edited by DC111

Expecting an 8.5 from IGN... hoping for a 10. Hmm, let's go with 9 for a prediction.

REALLY eager to see how this game scores overall. I've got a good feeling. ^^

A 10? Nay. It has to be a 9.

Just heard from Dreadknux that the embargo for reviews lifts on Monday. I assume he just means UK reviews, since IGN said they'll have there's up today, unless IGN's mistaken or the embargo was Friday and got pushed back.

Fairly sure its just the Europe/UK embargo. Gamereactor have been embargo'd for their review to Monday since a week back and if IGN had their review set for Friday since a few days ago it's a bit of a contradiction. Besides, we've already had German reviews out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another German review. This time from M!Games. They gave it an 82. Graphics and sound both got an 8. They said the game is short and that Mario's level design is better, but that the game was still very good..

There's also a special for Sonic in the magazine and their site.

Pics

MGames12-201103.jpg

MGames12-201146.jpg

MGames12-201147.jpg

MGames12-201148.jpg

MGames12-201149.jpg

MGames12-201164.jpg

MGames12-201165.jpg

http://www.maniac.de...-sonic?page=0,0

They accidentally used a fan sprite in the speciallaugh.png

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 4

The first page doesn't really have anything to do with Sonic, it just had that design. Probably because of the special. The only mention of Sonic is them saying there's a Sonic special in the magazine.

Nice. That brings the current average score to 83.2. I hope the average stays at 80 at least.

This thread is safe from spoilers, right?

Abso-fucking-lutely. It's the one safe-haven left. Actually, it could probably be added to the title just to be extra sure.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know it sucks...I saw the game at a store and couldn't buy it. I completely paid off my Gamestop order, it would do me no good to cancel now.

Freaking Gamestop and their ethics...

But yeah, hopefully thescore stays high. We could use one outlier on the high end to inflate the average, though. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Uurgh, I hate it when reviewers do that. When they say something is worse than something else. Saying Mario's level design for this game is straight out better than Sonic's is like saying "This apple is better than that orange". They're so vastly different that it's hardly a fair comparison to make unless they properly reinforce what exactly is better and what's worse (and even then these points of comparison need to relate closely enough to what the games were achieving). Preferably, if they are comparing it would be because the gameplay reminded them of something else (a lot like how a number of reviewers were saying how Sonic Colours reminded them of Mario's gameplay).

Unfortunately, since I don't speak German and Google Translate sucks ass, I can't actually read what they said and their reasoning behind making such a statement. So I guess I'll just be contempt with the highly respectable score of 82%

• Thumbs Up 7

Uurgh, I hate it when reviewers do that. When they say something is worse than something else. Saying Mario's level design for this game is straight out better than Sonic's is like saying "This apple is better than that orange". They're so vastly different that it's hardly a fair comparison to make unless they properly reinforce what exactly is better and what's worse (and even then these points of comparison need to relate closely enough to what the games were achieving). Preferably, if they are comparing it would be because the gameplay reminded them of something else (a lot like how a number of reviewers were saying how Sonic Colours reminded them of Mario's gameplay).

Unfortunately, since I don't speak German and Google Translate sucks ass, I can't actually read what they said and their reasoning behind making such a statement. So I guess I'll just be contempt with the highly respectable score of 82%

Exactly. Mario's level design is better than Sonic's, fair enough, that's your opinion and I respect it...but you should explain WHY IT IS BETTER!

Meh...another 8 for Sonic Generations! Great stuff, no 7-7.5's in sight yet biggrin.png

Edited by KrazyBean14

Mario has better level design?

Oh shit guys....

The Mario vs Sonic wars.....they might be igniting again!

Exactly. Mario's level design is better than Sonic's, fair enough, that's your opinion and I respect it...but you should explain WHY IT IS BETTER!

They actually write that the level design of the 2D Stages isn't as innovative as the Mario 2D Stages.