Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I ave a huge hunch that Sonic Generations is getting an 8.5 from IGN...I know they seemed to enjoy it...but there no way they are 9ing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

What's even the point of this topic if all we are going to do is parrot percentages and complain about people complaining about review scores? Shouldn't the only purpose of having a review topic be to discuss the details and issues brought up in the reviews themselves? The score and percentage means absolutely nothing without reason backing it up, and for all practical purposes can be ignored.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's even the point of this topic if all we are going to do is parrot percentages and complain about people complaining about review scores? Shouldn't the only purpose of having a review topic be to discuss the details and issues brought up in the reviews themselves? The score and percentage means absolutely nothing without reason backing it up, and for all practical purposes can be ignored.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also console games have higher standards than wii games. Being that rarely platformers ever get good scores on consoles should tell you that this game is doing pretty good so far.

The score means something- it's a very quick and easy indicator of how they ranks the game, compared not only to others in the series but across the rest of the market too. They don't mean an awful lot, but they hold more weight than anything else.

I ave a huge hunch that Sonic Generations is getting an 8.5 from IGN...I know they seemed to enjoy it...but there no way they are 9ing it.

No... they don't. It just a trivial number added to the end of a review, in an attempt to sum up a multiple hour long experience in a single statement. It should never be as influential to a prospective buyer as the actual written part of the review. It is insanity to think the score is the most important aspect of a review, unless you are just wanting to beat people over the head with a silly number to prove that your game is better than someone elses.

• Thumbs Up 2

No... they don't. It just a trivial number added to the end of a review, in an attempt to sum up a multiple hour long experience in a single statement. It should never be as influential to a prospective buyer as the actual written part of the review. It is insanity to think the score is the most important aspect of a review, unless you are just wanting to beat people over the head with a silly number to prove that your game is better than someone elses.

Oh, you mean like, what people were doing a while ago over five pages worth in regards to Empire Magazine criticizing the story?

Unfortunately the general public does not think this way, even if it isn't how it should work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

His reaction was priceless!

Oh and I can totally see "I help you jump higher with my Piko-Piko Hammer!" new meme for Amy.

It's real nice that you enjoyed the video but do you mind keeping spoilers, like how the mission characters work, out of this topic?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sonic has reached the top in most pre orders in franchise history. To do that now while all the big games of this year is coming out...is quite a big feat. Seems like Sega is pulling some money in from the big boys.

http://gematsu.com/2...anchise-history

To be honest this isn't surprising...the higher in quality Sonic gets the more he will sell. If this is indeed true...a couple more good games should put him back to where he used to be.

If the reviews continue to be good and Sonic gets mid to high 80s in Meta....the game will sell a shit ton. It seems that demo really helped out a lot as well.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's real nice that you enjoyed the video but do you  mind keeping spoilers, like how the mission characters work, out of this topic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhm... Sorry I'll go edit it before more people notice. And could you delete that line from my quote so it wont be visible? Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I will be the one asshole and ask for a bit more 2D platforming out of Modern. Jesus, they are using the 3D platforming as a crutch for 2D.

*implied trollface*

• Thumbs Up 3