Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Its a bloody EASY FIX!!! I cant believe why it hasnt been done yet either...

YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO PLAY AS SONIC WHILE THE STORY UNFOLDS AROUND YOU/WITH YOU.

Instead of some lame cutscene of us watching sonic dodge eggman while he tries to kill sonic, how about us actually controlling sonic during the cutscene! Half life people, arkham city people! its been done so many times and it would be killer in a sonic game.

story telling, boss battles and even the freakin credits during gameplay. Its epic and creates seamless transition between stages.

God you have to agree with me! i'm going mental with this

Edited by Riverstone
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, except ShTH, you couldn't skip those cutscenes. >.<

Edit:Well, the first time you see them.

I haven't played ShTH in a long time, but I'm pretty sure you could skip them.

YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO PLAY AS SONIC WHILE THE STORY UNFOLDS AROUND YOU/WITH YOU.

Instead of some lame cutscene of us watching sonic dodge eggman while he tries to kill sonic, how about us actually controlling sonic during the cutscene! Half life people, arkham city people! its been done so many times and it would be killer in a sonic game.

story telling, boss battles and even the freakin credits during gameplay. Its epic and creates seamless transition between stages.

That was something I LOVED about Arkham City. This bitch was trying to knock me out but I countered and punched him back in a cutscene. It was great storytelling AND gameplay at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

You could, but you're forced to see them the first time you encounter them. After that, you can skip the cutscenes.

This kinda happened...sort of, when they used to have characters talk in the stages, like in Heroes for example, though I know what you're really talking about.

If Sega want to do an in-depth story and expand the world of Sonic why don't they just make another RPG?

Stories aren't exclusive to RPGs. They could do that without going that route.

@ Riverstone: Considering the general goal and atmosphere of the series, that only really fixes the problem concerning moments of action and high tension. Consider a situation like Sonic's surprise party. What is the player supposed to do? Rummage around a small arena while the dialogue flows by? You're given control at the moment, but the actual game portion of the section would be nonexistent, meaning the flow is now so slow as to still be broken.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

I haven't played ShTH in a long time, but I'm pretty sure you could skip them.

You could only skip them if you'd already seen them in another playthrough.

Also, I'll say that Generations having too little plot is a bad thing. Sure, it's fine for the plot to be light and light-hearted, but it'd be much better if the cutscenes actually felt necessary. That's what it sounds like the reviews are saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

You could only skip them if you'd already seen them in another playthrough.

Also, I'll say that Generations having too little plot is a bad thing. Sure, it's fine for the plot to be light and light-hearted, but it'd be much better if the cutscenes actually felt necessary. That's what it sounds like the reviews are saying.

So they're saying that the cutscenes have almost nothing to do with the game at all? ...Dang.

From what I've seen they're only hating on the humor.

So they're saying that the cutscenes have almost nothing to do with the game at all? ...Dang.

No, that's not what they've said. All they've gave was one sentence saying that they didn't like it and thought the cutscenes were cringeworthy but they didn't give us anymore details so people quickly assume the story will be like Colors (even though most critics praised the story for it's 'simple' storyline). I kinda wish people will wait until they release more reviews first or judge the story for themselves like Shadic93 have said.

Edited by sonfan1984

Well, true, there would be a limited amount of space sometimes. Other times, you could be running along an endless highway or dirt or grassy field until eggman is finished speaking or destroying something. Once he finishes, the endless dirt road (or whatever) will actually come to an end or turn into a level. (if you get what i mean). I'm glad you guys know what i'm taking about that smile.png

Edit: basically, i'm sure something could be done. Sonic could run from each destination to destination and encounter something along the way. So you'll always be running during many cutscenes.

Or you can just drug sonic and make him all wobbly during a cutscene.

So many possibilities

Edited by Riverstone

No, that's not what they've said. All they've gave was one sentence saying that they didn't like it but they didn't really explain why. I kinda wish people will wait until they release more reviews first.

Or play out the game for themselves and be the judge.

I hope IGN will focus more on the story in their review to get a bit more of an insight as to why reviewers are criticizing the story.

No, I'm saying it sounds like the cutscenes are pointless.

No, I'm saying it sounds like the cutscenes are pointless.

Sounds more like a case of Show, Don't tell. They're implying that the story is bad, but they haven't really given any evidence on why.

I find it interesting how we don't know much about the story cutscenes beyond the intro. I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN CRITIQUE!

So, here's hoping we get something more solid that Colors at least. As ambiguous as our standing for that game's plot, we can all agree that it was better than Heroes. We can only hope Generations manages to stay above that threshold.

I find it interesting how we don't know much about the story cutscenes beyond the intro. I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN CRITIQUE!

So, here's hoping we get something more solid that Colors at least. As ambiguous as our standing for that game's plot, we can all agree that it was better than Heroes. We can only hope Generations manages to stay above that threshold.

And nothing in the intro implies that the game is going to be bad, hell based on the Boss trailer, I think its going to at least be a bit more solid considering the threat is bigger this time.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like there will be just cutscenes of the boss's coming in, (example, Shadow, Silver) and if anything, maybe the large threat, the Time Eater would be similar to the Unleashed ending boss cutscene.

I'm gonna find it funny when the game comes out and we all find out the story real isn't all that bad.

Edited by V0YANT

I was honestly expecting 7.5's, so this is a rather pleasant surprise.

I, like several other here, am interested in what IGN has to say. I don't hate them for some reason, I'm just honestly curious.

So I hear one of the reviews say that genesis physics are a purchased skill. Are you fucking serious here sega? ...Whatever, just glad to hear it's there. I know what I'm buying first then.

So I hear one of the reviews say that genesis physics are a purchased skill. Are you fucking serious here sega? ...Whatever, just glad to hear it's there. I know what I'm buying first then.

Edited by Soniman032-