Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I thought it was just the rumored rolling upgrade we were getting? I'm pretty sure a "Classic Physics Skill!" would have been talked about before now.

...then again, the main thing separating Generations Classic and the actual Classic physics-wise is arguably the rolling, so...

I thought it was just the rumored rolling upgrade we were getting? I'm pretty sure a "Classic Physics Skill!" would have been talked about before now.

...then again, the main thing separating Generations Classic and the actual Classic physics-wise is arguably the rolling, so...

People are calling it "Classic Physics" for the sake of it , but the reason why we are talking about it is because a reviewer brought up that you purchase improved momentum with skill points. This isn't baseless speculation.

Well to be honest...

It would explain why it was so easy to change. The code for changing the variable was actually already present.

Okay, he can roll longer...but the speed he gains is still iffy at best here.

And would also explain how the fuck this is possible. The glitch used here might just have been a skill that we don't know yet.

Like what? Skip the stage with Classic sonic because he's 20 years old? Yeah no.

It be funny if it was the same way in Sonic 4 Episode 2.

Sega's turning into the king of gaming trolls.

So I hear one of the reviews say that genesis physics are a purchased skill. Are you fucking serious here sega? ...Whatever, just glad to hear it's there. I know what I'm buying first then.

....The fuck? Apart of me believes this is trolling, but I swear to god if that was true.....

Kinda wondering if I would blame Sonic Team for doing that. On the bright side, they finally would've given us genesis physics, on the other hand, WTF?

The fact that people are actually speculating this is absolutely driving me insane. The unlockable Genesis physics thing is entirely baseless.

HEY GUYS, I HEARD FROM A FRIEND OF MINE WHO WORKS AT SEGA THAT THERE'S A SKILL TO TURN SONIC INTO ASHURA.

• Thumbs Up 7

STOP IT. BAD. BAD SSMB.

Read the first post in this thread! That's the only review that has mentioned unlockable skills that effect the gameplay. It also TELLS you the type of skills that can be bought! Stuff like moving faster under water, and NOT losing momentum as much when going up hills! You know, the exact OPPOSITE of "genesis/classic" physics! Yes, there are 8 other skills mentioned, but again, NO CONCEIVABLE REASON to believe that they allow you to recreate the feel of the genesis games!

PLEASE, stop getting your hopes up!

• Thumbs Up 1

Since when do we believe anything someone says without visible proof.

Ask me again when I'm done reading the last three pages of people believing this rumor.

Maybe for 2000 points you can get rid of the invisible walls in modern, and adjust the level of free roaming in the levels.

And for 3000 points you can change between the three major voice casts, and for 4000 you can adjust the level of sophistication of the story.

And for 10,000 points, you can unlock the game's cup holders...slides right outta the disk itself, pretty snazzy if I should say so.

Plastic peripherals, huh?

Now you're thinking like Activision!

Edited by Mike
  • Thumbs Up 1

Regardless of what the skills do, once you buy them, are they automatically applied to the gameplay or do you get to choose if you want to use them? Because I wouldn't want to strip Classic Sonic of momentum or anything permanently.

STOP IT. BAD. BAD SSMB.

Read the first post in this thread! That's the only review that has mentioned unlockable skills that effect the gameplay. It also TELLS you the type of skills that can be bought! Stuff like moving faster under water, and NOT losing momentum as much when going up hills! You know, the exact OPPOSITE of "genesis/classic" physics! Yes, there are 8 other skills mentioned, but again, NO CONCEIVABLE REASON to believe that they allow you to recreate the feel of the genesis games!

PLEASE, stop getting your hopes up!

Yeah we had our fun, let's not turn this into the preview topic....so..um....reviews.

I might have been getting my hopes up.. (Because this would render purists mute...or would it?) But I was also taking it with a grain of salt on the side.

I mean, Sega isn't that stupid.

Right?

I might have been getting my hopes up.. (Because this would render purists mute...or would it?) But I was also taking it with a grain of salt on the side.

I mean, Sega isn't that stupid.

Right?

Not unless they're trying to troll folks.

Yeah over-excited about that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyways, Colors got mostly 8's and 7's with a few 9's and 6's mixed in as well as THAT review. I'm expecting some 9's later on and more 8's than 7's or below, and I'm patiently waiting for Destructoid's review right now. There's no telling what it will be.

Edited by Gartocer

Colors got mostly 8's and 7's with a few 9's and 6's mixed in as well as THAT review. I'm expecting some 9's later on and more 8's than 7's or below, and I'm patiently waiting for Destructoid's review right now. There's no telling what it will be.

If it wasn't for Jim Sterling Colors would be in the 80's on Metacritic. His one review brought down the entire average.

If it wasn't for Jim Sterling Colors would be in the 80's on Metacritic. His one review brought down the entire average.

Another reason why people are so sour about his review. It's also the fact that he hyped the game up to no end and went on praising how good it was, only to come right out of nowhere and slap on a 4.5 as the score. It caught a lot of people off gaurd.