Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I really hope the game doesn't fall into obscurity like Colors did, I mean lets face it, Colors got good reviews, but everyone acts like it doesn't exist and believes this "Sonic's Last chance" or crap like that. I notice that when a Sonic game does well, everyone forgets about it within a month, while his flops are remembered for years.

Well this game should be remembered better. It's an anniversary title after all.

*After 8 more good sonic games*

Reviewer: This is Sega and Sonic Team's last chance.

Honestly though, I think IGN will give it the best score of all the reviewers. Maybe not the best REVIEW maybe but the highest score.

Edited by Mephiles550

Oh riiiight, that other anniversary title

The one that everyone points to as the lowest point of the series. Aside from Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

*snip*

nope not gonna fall for last page post.

Edited by V0YANT

Hmm, Gotta wonder what trolls and haters are gonna do when this game turns out be a critical success. :V

Call it a fluke (again) and latch on to the 3DS version for dear life of their Sonic is Dead arguments regardless of the fact that A: The 3DS version will probably get good scores eitherway, and B: Nobody ever aknowledges the good handheld titles like Advance or Rush or Colors DS but will continually bring Gen 3DS up.

Just a guess.

I really hope the game doesn't fall into obscurity like Colors did, I mean lets face it, Colors got good reviews, but everyone acts like it doesn't exist and believes this "Sonic's Last chance" or crap like that. I notice that when a Sonic game does well, everyone forgets about it within a month, while his flops are remembered for years.

Sonic Colors was kinda that...little random surprise that people vaguely remember. This game though with all its marketing and Classic Sonic being back...being in HD...tons and tons of marketing its a much bigger bang than Colors is.

All really Colors did was get everyone's attention again...but people really looked at it as a fluke. This game though...will have a much bigger impact. That's both negatively if it does indeed end up being mediocre or positive if it does end up being great.

Some people are saying that this game is using nostalgia to grab attention and that is okay...not only is it an anniversary title, but sometimes you got to do what you need to do to show people your serious about something.

What better way...and what good timing it is for the chance to show people you mean business than Sonic's 20th anniversary! Especially after royally fucking up the last one! tongue.png

Edited by V0YANT

Often considered poor games nowadays, and they were a very long time ago. It's 10 years since SA2!

Links? We need evidence, guys!

Edited by CapBusta

There was one racing game for 06's anniversary, but I'm pretty sure nothing else was there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well his name is Jack he did the review for sonic free riders and on their recent podcast he said that the review is coming Friday.

Well his name is Jack he did the review for sonic free riders and on their recent podcast he said that the review is coming Friday. Gonna have to download it if you want the hear for yourself.

I hope Toys R Us delivers the game to my house quickly. I've never pre-ordered from them before but they had the game for like ten dollars less so I took it. Meanwhile, I guess keeping track of reviews seems like the way to wait!

I'm disappointed that it seems like the main game is apparently 4 hours, but I should've expected that from only nine stages with two acts each. Without all the genre roulette shit, the length of these games are so much shorter now. But it's better this way without all that filler no one wants.

Kinda sad to hear there are complaints about the story too. But I am planning to play other games guaranteed to have amazing stories, so that won't put too big of a damper on my mood playing through some truly epic levels.

Well his name is Jack he did the review for sonic free riders and on their recent podcast he said that the review is coming Friday. Gonna have to download it if you want the hear for yourself.