Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Yeah, im definitely seeing the overall score being in the 8 range

Or higher. Unless Jim decides to troll. I'm a bit worried about gamesradars review as well.

Wow it's actually quite nice to see people gettin soo hyped about this game. Personally my hype meter has been off the scale since they first announced this game! One more week!

Or higher. Unless Jim decides to troll. I'm a bit worried about gamesradars review as well.

The guy who covers all of the Sonic stuff at Gamesradar is a huge Sonic fan and his previews have been pretty positive so far. I wonder if they'll have him or someone else review it.

The guy who covers all of the Sonic stuff at Gamesradar is a huge Sonic fan and his previews have been pretty positive so far. I wonder if they'll have him or someone else review it.

Oh then I must have gotten it mixed up with the dude from Game informer.

For those worried that Jim Sterling isn't going to take his Sonic Generations review seriously:

Generations is just a greatest hits album. It'll be cool, but the Rolling Stones aren't "back" and you just bought stuff you've already gone through hundreds of times.

Phoenix Gamma:

I'd be inclined to agree if these were straight remakes rather than re-imaginings. Most of the content will be brand new, even if you're playing the level with whatever Sonic it was originally designed for.

Therefore, if the game IS good, then it'll be good based on the strength of original level design, thus being perfectly adequate in ascertaining whether or not Sonic's still got what it takes.

I just dropped some science n' shit.

Comments section of this post:

http://www.destructo...it-214390.phtml

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, Jim Sterling actually put one of his own trolls in their place?

If he reviews this game fairly, I might start respecting him again.

Apparently Empire magazine has given the game a 4/5.

Glad to say that the reviews that are in for Sonic Generations are positive!!!

Video Games Zone.de = 85 / 100

360 Live (Germany) = 8.5 / 10

Empire Magazine = 4 / 5

Official Playstation Magazine = 8/10

God, these great reviews make me want to build a time machine, go back to when the fans we're recently crushed by Sonic 06, go up to them, pat them on the back, and say.

It gets better my friend.

Seriously, 3-5 years ago, I would have never believed this

• Thumbs Up 4

Seems like all around the net is wishing good luck on the title. The demo, while simple, actually greatly increase a lot of the postie recption of the game as well. you have people who haven't played a Sonic game since SA1/SA2 looking at this.

From Gamespots System Wars to even NeoGaf...everyone wishing the best. This is going to be an interesting November for us fans. Whether that's a good thing or not...we shall see.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guys, 5 years ago.

Where were we?

Just think about that before you do something else for the rest of the day. I think things are back on track now.

• Thumbs Up 8

He got that from here. tongue.png Still, no actual evidence yet.

Much like the Official Playstation Magazine one, yes.

I'll change it if it proves untrue. For now the posts to which they're referred to are cited.

Much like the Official Playstation Magazine one, yes.

I'll change it if it proves untrue. For now the posts to which they're referred to are cited.

Edited by Neon

I hope every review for this game is a 4.5.

But seriously, at this point, critics seem to be really enjoying the game! A great sign!

Edited by Heart

Hmm, Gotta wonder what trolls and haters are gonna do when this game turns out be a critical success. :V

They'll just have to accept that the so called "sonic cycle" has been nuked into oblivion and sonic is back.

So I didn't actually realize that there's both an "Official Playstation Magazine" and "Playstation: The Official Magazine". My bad on that, editing the OP to change it. If two people are supporting this story though I'm inclined to believe it.

As for the Empire Mag, Issue 270 just came out today, so I'd say the odds are pretty high for whoever first mentioned it to be in the right.

Hmm, Gotta wonder what trolls and haters are gonna do when this game turns out be a critical success. :V

Isn't it obvious? They'll act as though it doesn't exist, and they'll claim it was a fluke

• Thumbs Up 1

They're just going to search around until they find something negative about the game. Haters are going to keep hating.

Isn't it obvious? They'll act as though it doesn't exist, and they'll claim it was a fluke

That's what they've said about Colors, but two flukes in a row? Hah, no.

Edited by sonfan1984

You know, I always wanted to say this, but these "trolls" are probably old sonic fans, that gave up after 06, secret rings, Werehog? If you were a classic gamer (that isn't obsessed with sonic but liked it like a normal person) all those games would get anyone pissed and give up on game after game. Past 6 years has been bad to the public for a reason. Of course, sinice were overly huge Sonic fans, we normally don't see it in "there" eyes, just our eyes and think there nuts. Sadly I kind of agree with some reviewers of the old games. Unleashed HD? Probably did deserve 5's ect. It was a half good, Story horrible, Chip (voice) horrible, Werehog ruined the game for everyone.

But back to this, Generations is a good quality game, and of course people will be shocked with how good it was, just like how Colors shocked some last year.

I really hope the game doesn't fall into obscurity like Colors did, I mean lets face it, Colors got good reviews, but everyone acts like it doesn't exist and believes this "Sonic's Last chance" or crap like that. I notice that when a Sonic game does well, everyone forgets about it within a month, while his flops are remembered for years.

• Thumbs Up 1