Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

So I hear one of the reviews say that genesis physics are a purchased skill. Are you fucking serious here sega? ...Whatever, just glad to hear it's there. I know what I'm buying first then.

So I hear one of the reviews say that genesis physics are a purchased skill. Are you fucking serious here sega? ...Whatever, just glad to hear it's there. I know what I'm buying first then.

Glorius. >w>

They should've had those unlocked already in the demo though, would've eased people's fears by alot.

I thought they learned their lesson with this, you know with Secret Rings being pretty awful to play without the proper upgrades. That's assuming that this is real of course.

I'm not too surprised with seeing all of these 8's, I figured it get around the 7-8 range with a stray 9 here and there.

Edited by Nix

Really?

Plz no troll plz no troll plz no troll....

That is awesome(if true)! XD I mean, yeah it would have been nice to have the Genesis physics from the start but I just see it as SEGA trolling us. I mean, it's Sonic's twentieth anniversary. They should have some fun as well. tongue.png

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

lol, if that unlockable is real, then I imagine ST reaction to fans reaction:

8qe97kv6lqd6kp568.gif

Edited by Vec
  • Thumbs Up 3

Glorius. >w>

They should've had those unlocked already in the demo though, would've eased people's fears by alot.

Strange how, ten years ago, they'd make the power-ups usually hinder the experience because of button mappings.

Now as a turnabout, they make the best possible power ups...Well, power ups.

I thought they'd learn their lesson with this, you know with Secret Rings being pretty awful to play without the proper upgrades. That's assuming that this is real of course.

Secret Rings controls pretty slow and awful at the start of a new game without the upgrades but I'm not really bothered with this cause I'm fine with Classic Sonic's physics in the demo.

Part of me wants this to be a troll, but the other half really wants this to be true.

Why would they do that? Then again other reviews say that there's skills that let you accelerate better in water and be able to lose less speed when going up hill (aka sonic 4 mode loloololololo), so chances are there are more physics altering skills.

Why would they do that?

Nobody wants to believe me, but I telling you Sonic Team has developed some fucked up humor since Colors.

• Thumbs Up 4

Nobody wants to believe me, but I telling you Sonic Team has developed some fucked up humor since Colors.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. Considering that they are in a comeback, it's best to have a sense of humor, a fucked up one especially. Though I wouldn't say that their humor is "fucked up". They're definitely more willing to poke fun at themselves and the fans though.

Also, I want that power up to have a description like this, if true.

"To our dearest Sonic fans-

lol

-Sincerely, Sonic Team"

On topic, I really am pleased with the scores so far. Eights are great! But Gametrailers worriies me a bit.

So yeah, a source besides "I heard it from some guy I don't remember" would be nice. Maybe I'm imposing a bit, I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would laugh my ass off if that were the case. Classic Sonic's physics physics being completely customizable to be like Advance's Sonic 4's or Genesis physics laugh.png or any combination of the 3.

I'd be slightly more worried how some reviewer will be regarding Classic and Modern Sonic. Call it paranoia, but I'm guessing there's going to be one reviewer who thinks Sonic Team should've threw Modern Sonic under a bus after getting Classic Sonic. I could very well be wrong tho.

If it's true that Classic Sonic's physics are unlockable I want a video in the description of Iizuka turning around in a spinny chair and saying" u mad bros?" with a huge grin on his face. That alone would make me throw money at my screen.

Edited by Torcano Sanctuary
  • Thumbs Up 2

For some reason this scene popped into my head.

Mike if you don't stop being awesome...I might make you dinner in bed one night.

• Thumbs Up 1

So wait, lemme get this straight... even though the entire purpose behind Classic Sonic was to be a very close, no, a NEAR DUPLICATION of the Classic gameplay, down to the physics.... there's an option to buy the ACTUAL Genesis physics? So it's like.. they admitted that they failed at their goal of accurately recreating Classic Sonic's physics perfectly by... including an option to upgrade to the actual Genesis physics...?

PA130044.jpg

Yeah, that really IS as stupid as it sounds. I'm calling BS until I see some proof. I think Classic Sonic already plays just fine as it is myself, so yeah.

Edited by EXshad

Course without evidence I can't say Im 100 percent sure theres such a thing in the game as the real gens physiscs. What we have is pretty darn close regardless and ill be happy.

Okay, seriously people? The "unlockable genesis physics" thing isn't true. It is pure bullshit. Absolutely, positively, NO reason to believe in it until a reputable source tells us.

Trust me. I'm one of the crown princes of trolling on this forum. And, well...

1282374699167.jpg

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 2

oh snap'! dios not going to be happy if this is true! i can already see what he will say... also king of trollin be inferno.

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

Yeah, that really IS as stupid as it sounds. I'm calling BS until I see some proof.

Well to be honest...

It would explain why it was so easy to change. The code for changing the variable was actually already present.

And would also explain how the fuck this is possible. The glitch used here might just have been a skill that we don't know yet.

Edited by V0YANT