Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

There's also City Escape vids. But this really isn't the topic to be posting them in. Let's take it to the new video topic.

There's a new Video topic?

And that means...?

Especially since Planet Wisp is in this game... yeah, I'm confused.

EDIT: Making this on topic again, what scores do people genuinely expect this game to get? I think expecting a full house of 9's is really ambitious, considering it's somewhat small number of levels and restrictive gameplay. Say what you will about it looking like the best Sonic game ever, compared to other titles on the market it's lacking a number of areas.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Especially since Planet Wisp is in this game... yeah, I'm confused.

EDIT: Making this on topic again, what scores do people genuinely expect this game to get? I think expecting a full house of 9's is really ambitious, considering it's somewhat small number of levels and restrictive gameplay. Say what you will about it looking like the best Sonic game ever, compared to other titles on the market it's lacking a number of areas.

I'm sure we'll get some 9's. Really, I expect it to be similar to Colours. Maybe slightly better.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/sonic-colors/critic-reviews

Listening to the new Sky Sanctuary footage (HAHA! Spoiler free, suckers!)... Regarding the new melody added in there... is it taken from another piece of Sonic music?

I've always felt games should be judged on their own merits, not "against other games coming out at the same time" since reviews become part of a game's long term appraisal and in the grand scheme of things nobody cares five years later about other releases at the moment.

Just because Uncharted and Kirby are great...doesn't mean Sonic Generations can't be very good. Should the game get lesser or greater scores based on it's release date? Should it get an 8.8 in August but a 7.8 in November?

Anyways, I'm expecting mostly 8's. Some 7's, some 9's...but an average of about 84 which would be suitably improved over Colors. It would also rank as the second or third best platformer of the year.

btw, Sonic games have always been short. I remember when I owned Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario World. Sonic 1? 18 levels. Mario World? I forget how many LEVELS, but it had 96 exits. Sonic's appeal is replayability and mastering the levels with repeated playthroughs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Listening to the new Sky Sanctuary footage (HAHA! Spoiler free, suckers!)... Regarding the new melody added in there... is it taken from another piece of Sonic music?

"Cruisin' dooooown, into the wind..."

That's what it reminded me of.

I'm expecting a couple of 9s and 8s. I can see 2 or 3 reviewers slapping it though.

I don't usually follow reviews so this is gonna be a fun experience. Also i won't read any reviews only scores.

So yeah what i was saying? Oh right 8-9 wil Sonic's scores.

EDIT: After seeing the scores from Neon's link. I am now even more sure that Generations will even score a 95/100.

I don't know if the reviewers will have their standards higher because it's an HD game but if i had to judge the game from everything i know about it i would give it a 9.

Edited by MoDeRn frokenok3

I'm expecting a couple of 9s and 8s. I can see 2 or 3 reviewers slapping it though.

I don't usually follow reviews so this is gonna be a fun experience. Also i won't read any reviews only scores.

So yeah what i was saying? Oh right 8-9 wil Sonic's scores.

EDIT: After seeing the scores from Neon's link. I am now even more sure that Generations will even score a 95/100.

I don't know if the reviewers will have their standards higher because it's an HD game but if i had to judge the game from everything i know about it i would give it a 9.

95/100?? That'll be the day...I bet this game will get a maximum of 90/100 which is still amazing.

So guys...When should we expect a new review? Because discussing these two and how SG should be rated is kinda boring already..

So guys...When should we expect a new review? Because discussing these two and how SG should be rated is kinda boring already..

I kinda agree xD

I heard IGN will have their review up on Friday. Also i think Carbo said something about another review coming too.

My country gaming site might have a review about it in the coming days. After all they did review U3 already.

For the record they gave Colors an 8, Sonic 4 an 8 and Sonic Unleashed a 6.

Edited by MoDeRn frokenok3

This Friday, IGN is posting their review :)

I can only imagine what IGN's review will bring. I bet they will give it a score simular to Sonic Colours which was a great score and the fanbase will still bring pure rage. Yep. Friday is gonna be fun.

Edited by BlueEagle21

Aw, Friday? I've been going on everyday to check, lol.

I can see Generations getting an 8 from IGN, really. Maybe 8.5 if held up in comparison with Colors, although I really wanted a 9. I think the chances for that are dim though. If the game has a bunch of *minor* flaws like good-but-not great controls (common criticism from what I've seen so far) and a really corny story, which seems to be another one, and a short length first time around, it won't hold up for a 9.

I'm kind of happy though, judging from the 4 reviews everything for far has been within the 8-8.5 range which is really consistant and rather satisfying.

I wonder what Sonic would have to do to break the 9 barrier. They got Sonic down, that's for sure, but it doesn't seem to be enough.

Edited by Melru

Aw, Friday? I've been going on everyday to check, lol.

I can see Generations getting an 8 from IGN, really. Maybe 8.5 if held up in comparison with Colors, although I really wanted a 9. I think the chances for that are dim though. If the game has a bunch of *minor* flaws like good-but-not great controls (common criticism from what I've seen so far) and a really corny story, which seems to be another one, and a short length first time around, it won't hold up for a 9.

I'm kind of happy though, judging from the 4 reviews everything for far has been within the 8-8.5 range which is really consistant and rather satisfying.

I wonder what Sonic would have to do to break the 9 barrier. They got Sonic down, that's for sure, but it doesn't seem to be enough.

I think IGN will appreciate the simplistic story.