Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

Apologies if I've missed this anywhere, but how do you actually get to the Special Stages? Do they just unlock after completing the acts in a level, or is there some form of other requirement you need to fulfil to reach them?

Ooh, forgot about this. I'll seriously lol if it's anything like Colours method- finish a level with 50 rings and then say yes when prompted. It doesn't really sound that different to S4/S1's method, but when you factor in how many rings there are in newer games it's kinda funny.

I thought you didn't need any rings in Colors DS?

lol, you need 50. But if you thought that it's because you'll rarely get to the end of a stage without that many.

Apologies if I've missed this anywhere, but how do you actually get to the Special Stages? Do they just unlock after completing the acts in a level, or is there some form of other requirement you need to fulfil to reach them?

First suggestion was right.

The game looks fine...it's just the DAMN LEVEL DESIGN, even Sonic Rush seems more exiting compared to Gen 3DS in that department.

Edited by KrazyBean14

So am I the only one who thinks this is the best handheld sonic since rush? (and bought it at midnight)

I wouldn't call that an accomplishment. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

So am I the only one who thinks this is the best handheld sonic since rush? (and bought it at midnight)

I'm sure numerous videos are being brought up on YouTube now, now that the game is out.

I Haven't been able to find one yet though.

Probably. I know others like it, but that's quite a pedestal to put it on even Rush wasn't all that great in hindsight. What's your reasoning?

i guess its just my opinion, when i got rush i thought it was the best handheld sonic game.rush adventure and colors was good but just wasn't better than rush. when i got gens and played it for about a hour and loved it gameplay is great and the levels may have looked empty but their's some more to it when really play them the only downfall is its short. personally i just think its better than rush only lacking in story.

Brought two copies of Gens 3DS this morning...not going to open until Christmas.

Uh... what? Two copies that you're not opening until Christmas? If you waited until nearer the time you would have been able to get them cheaper. Seeing as you're saving them for a later date anyway, waiting would have just saved you a tidy sum.

Uh... what? Two copies that you're not opening until Christmas? If you waited until nearer the time you would have been able to get them cheaper. Seeing as you're saving them for a later date anyway, waiting would have just saved you a tidy sum.

I know I've could've waited but I like to do my Christmas shopping early. :P I fear that if I've waited around Christmas then the copies would be sold out.

Edited by sonfan1984

From my personal experience with the game, it's kinda "meh" to me? It wasn't the graphics nor the stage selection or music, but simply the layout of some of the stages, and also being forced to use Classic's homing attack. The only stage I found remotely interesting was Water Palace cause it had alot of cool gimmicks thrown into it, both old and new. I like seeing new gimmicks in old stages like they did with the console version, but it's like they barely tried this time. Plus well, only 7 stages compared to the consoles 9, I know that Dimos games usually just have seven stages, but with the somewhat short stages and partially stale layouts, it really did seem too short

I do give props to the bosses through, they were awsome. It was strange not having a proper Modern era boss like the Egg Wizard or Nega wisp Armor, but it's all good.

I absolutely love both Rush games and all 3 Advance games, but this one for me, I really don't know.

Edited by Dantemustdie00