Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

Bloody hell. It's like they tried to make the level design as bland as possible.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

OK just finished the game. It was definitely pretty meh. 3DS coins for missions? you've got to be kidding me, they're pretty terrible too. I find it hilarious that Classic Sonic's physics are actually BETTER than the console version and that it actually has functional bouncing. Also funny how Classic Sonic pulled off the boost in the last cutscene, It would have raised so much hell and popcorn.gifs if they let classic sonic use boost after the game was done. Despite the stupid rival races, I also really like the boss battles in this game. How about from now on, Sega designs the levels and Dimps designs the bosses?

Dimps, use these physics for S4E2!

well the characters at least move in the cutscenes and somewhat talk. The only problem I had with Modern Radical Highway is that Dimps is too rail happy. The segments that you showed us lolwut where rails were not involved were fun but the rails in mid air was a little redondant and it not just here. other Dimps games like advanced and rush i have seen that they are rail happy

Oh wow, quite a nice amount of gameplay you recorded there. I think the 3DS version is coming off better than the fanbase thought it would, cuz it's looking not so bad... not so bad. But I agree with team chaotix... Modern Radical Highway has WAY too many rails... but it was fun to watch. By the way, how is the 3D effect in the game, guys?

Edited by lolwut

Oh wow, quite a nice amount of gameplay you recorded there. I think the 3DS version is coming off better than the fanbase thought it would, cuz it's looking not so bad... not so bad. But I agree with team chaotix... Modern Radical Highway has WAY too many rails... but it was fun to watch. By the way, how is the 3D effect in the game, guys?

I mean the rails that are part of the highway I'm fine with its those yellow ones that pop out of nowhere that i'm having a small problem with

Depends on where you live.

Around my neck of the woods, Sonic games usually sell out. Generations certainly did. I always have to preorder them just to make sure I get one. I couldn't get my hands on a copy of Sonic Heroes for weeks.... learned my lesson. (of course, that was before I was old enough to use the internet properly).

what neck of the woods do you live in cuz I live in Florida and I had absolutely no problem at nabbing my copy from Sonic Heroes the first week it came out. heck I if I remember correctly I think I bought it the day it came out on walmart and that was in the afternoon on a weekend, sunday to be exact.

Depends on where you live.

Around my neck of the woods, Sonic games usually sell out. Generations certainly did. I always have to preorder them just to make sure I get one. I couldn't get my hands on a copy of Sonic Heroes for weeks.... learned my lesson. (of course, that was before I was old enough to use the internet properly).

It's so weird, where I live, I usually found the shelves of Sonic Colors completely sold out wherever I went for quite a while, but generations doesn't seem to be doing as hot in sales...

Why are people saying the level design looks bland as if it's Dimps' fault? They seemed to basically take the entire SA2 level and make it 2D with almost no changes, not to mention the original Radical Highway wasnt all that great to begin with

• Thumbs Up 2

Why are people saying the level design looks bland as if it's Dimps' fault? They seemed to basically take the entire SA2 level and make it 2D with almost no changes, not to mention the original Radical Highway wasnt all that great to begin with

I actually the way that Dimps did radical highway. The running on the side of the buildings are a nice touch. its those unneccsary yellow rails that bug me.

Does anyone want to see the cutscene where Classic Sonic learns the Homing Attack?

yes please..... runs away before angry mob arrives

Because the real Sonic Generations is actually original.

Edited by Dissident

I have to ask, is there a sound test in the game?

One of the videos posted I think it was nintendo world report shows High Flying Groove on the screen before a green hill mission is played so I guess it does

One of the videos posted I think it was nintendo world report shows High Flying Groove on the screen before a green hill mission is played so I guess it does

That's the name of the mission, lol

I think you can listen to music in the collection room.

Forgive me if I sound too much like everyone else, but it's just a little odd seeing Dimps make a handheld version of Generations yet only use two levels from their own game. This might be better if they used levels from Sonic Chaos, Triple Trouble, the Advance trilogy, and Rush Adventure along with Green Hill, Water Palace and Tropical Resort (or maybe different levels from the latter two.) And for rivals, Fang/Nack for the Game Gear era, Emerl/G-Mel for the GBA era, and Johnny for the DS era. Too bad they probably suffered from time and money constraints like every other game ever made, lol.