Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

I think it's about consistency. First people complained as Heroes isn't on the Dreamcast technically, but then they decided to shove it in Modern for the 3DS version, so people who had got used to it being in Dreamcast era bitched. It's a double standard, but it's not that bad. It should have been Dreamcast era, as it was in the HD version for consistency's sake. Either that, or Heroes should have gone in the HD Modern era.

I think it's about consistency. First people complained as Heroes isn't on the Dreamcast technically, but then they decided to shove it in Modern for the 3DS version, so people who had got used to it being in Dreamcast era bitched. It's a double standard, but it's not that bad. It should have been Dreamcast era, as it was in the HD version for consistency's sake. Either that, or Heroes should have gone in the HD Modern era.

I believe the reason SEGA put Heroes in the Dreamcast era in the console version was because Heroes had the same Gameplay style as Adventure 1 and 2 (Except with three characters at the same time.)

They probably put it in the Modern era in the 3DS version so the people who said "HEROES ISN'T DREAMCAST!" wouldn't get aggravated.

Edited by Future-Hedgehog

Just some questions if you dont mind ^^

What did u think of the homing attack for classic sonic and the way the level design was built around it? Do you think the addition is good in a game where you're supposed to have 2 different gameplay styles? Also even though u like the physics better for the 3ds version, do you prefer homing attack in the 3ds version or the way bouncing worked in the HD version?

So i have been DIEING to watch Walkthroughs of Sonic Generations for the 3DS. And so I checked Youtube and I saw "Lets Play Sonic Generations Walkthroughs Part 1" I was REALLY excited to see that because ill be getting the Xbox360 and 3DS versions for Christmas.Since i have been looking for this for 4 days you can watch the walkthroughs on cobanermani456 Channel.

(NOTE: I don't know if cobanermani456 made more than 1 walkthrough of the game.)

I have to say, I like the Supporting Me mix even if it is a barebones remix.

Also, the DC era should have always just been called the Adventure era. It makes more sense for Heroes being included under that moniker. Though, I guess some people would have contested that '06 is Adventure era and that Secret Rings should have represented the Modern Era. D:

I'd like to mention that Sonic Rush is technically in the Dreamcast/Adventure Era, due to being made in 2005

Edited by Cero

I'd like to mention that Sonic Rush is technically in the Dreamcast/Adventure Era, due to being made in 2005

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 2

Somewhat off-topic, but is Generations a modern game, or a next-gen game ? The PS3 and Xbox360 are 7th generation, but the 3DS is 8th generation...

Oh, well, the Saturn era was completely overlooked. So I guess it doesn't work that way, huh ?

Somewhat off-topic, but is Generations a modern game, or a next-gen game ? The PS3 and Xbox360 are 7th generation, but the 3DS is 8th generation...

Oh, well, the Saturn era was completely overlooked. So I guess it doesn't work that way, huh ?

Relevent if there's still more complaining. :r

But yeah, If Nintendo does plan to use DLC for the 3DS, what stages would people want on the handheld side?

• Thumbs Up 4

But yeah, If Nintendo does plan to use DLC for the 3DS, what stages would people want on the handheld side?

Toy Kingdom from Sonic Advance 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pirates' Island from Sonic Rush Adventure wouldn't hurt. I mean, the gimmicks used in the stages were pretty nifty and the.zone itself look gorgeous, even if a tad too reminiscent of Soleanna.

Relevent if there's still more complaining. :r

• Music Plant from Sonic Advance 2 (It's easily the most unique stage in Sonic Handheld history IMO)
  • Cyber Track (or Chaos Angel) from Sonic Advance 3 (I LOVE these 2 stages)
  • Huge Crisis or Dead Line from Sonic Rush (Huge Crisis reminds me of Metal Harbor and that Jeh Jeh Rocket music is OFF THE CHAIN...I WANT A REMIX! Dead Line reminds me of Final Rush and What U Need is an awesome track too)
  • Coral Cave from Rush Adventure (That stage looks pretty gorgeous)

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Frontier Canyon, Mystic Haunt, and Dead Line.

Frontier Canyon, Mystic Haunt, and Dead Line.

Awesome...another person who wants Dead Line re-imagined! :D

Edited by KrazyBean14

Sonic Generations 3DS press kit

Same as the console version press kit, except it obviously has the 3DS game. I don't remember seeing a full look at the book in the console version before, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

If Nintendo does plan to use DLC for the 3DS, what stages would people want on the handheld side?

This post is quite old, but things haven't changed since then really at all:

[...]

GameBoy Advance

Sonic Advance - Angel Island

Sonic Advance 2 - Music Plant

Sonic Advance 3 - Twinkle Snow

Nintendo DS

Sonic Rush - Dead Zone

Sonic Rush Adventure - Pirate's Island

Sonic Colors DS - Asteroid Coaster

[...]

Angel Island.. Picked this one because of the Sky Sanctuary vibe and the music. I know, I'm awful. I really do think it was a great stage tho'. My second choice would have been Secret Base. I had a lot of fun with that stage as well.

Music Plant? Music Plant. This stage was incredibly fun, the music was great and it was easily one of the most memorable stages from Sonic Advance 2. It'd be a lot of fun remade.

It was so easy picking a stage from Sonic Advance 3 because I swear, I only really enjoyed playing two stages throughout the entire game. This game still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth whenever I think about it. Can you guess what the other stage I liked was? :P

Dead Zone I picked because it was my favorite stage from the original Rush and I would kill to hear another What U Need remix. Gonna be honest there, the music was the main reason, but the stage was really fun too. It also has that fun gravity manipulation mechanic on it.

I was split between Pirate's Island and Coral Cave because I really love both those stages, but I think Pirate's Island had a lot more going for it and was really representative of Sonic Rush Adventure as a whole. So I chose that.

And for the sake of picking Rivals stages I'll say Mystic Haunt.

Edited by Chooch

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=641827

http://img684.images...sandslander.png

LIEZ!!! Chimera on Retro saw this on one of the playthroughs....... Sonic you are one major bullshitter XD

This is like arguing on Classic vs Modern, Sonic did fight him, although differently. Not to mention Sonic and Shadow played exactly the same. It might has well have been Sonic fighting him in SA2, and the fact that they're the same exact monster, Biolizard = FinalHazard.