Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

I think some people are misunderstanding what the term "boost to win" means. It doesn't mean "I spent most of the time holding the boost button", it means "I beat the level/boss by doing very little other than holding the boost button". It's a pejorative statement meant to refer to a lack of skill required to win certain levels and bosses. I.E. Every level and rival battle in the 3DS version.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think some people are misunderstanding what the term "boost to win" means. It doesn't mean "I spent most of the time holding the boost button", it means "I beat the level/boss by doing very little other than holding the boost button". It's a pejorative statement meant to refer to a lack of skill required to win certain levels and bosses. I.E. Every level and rival battle in the 3DS version.

I still don't know what the big deal with this game is. I understand it's not the absolute best Sonic game of all time, but its not the worst either. The games for a handheld system as well, its not going to be as good as the console version.

Is there anything the 3DS version adds or differs from the main console version of Generations like Sonic Colors did?

Is there anything the 3DS version adds or differs from the main console version of Generations like Sonic Colors did?

Different Stages (Besides Green Hill), Two-Player Co-op, Some kind-of profile card, Boss battles (Besides Silver, Shadow, Metal Sonic and Time Eater). That's all I know of.

Edited by Future-Hedgehog

So nothing different story wise? Rats, I was hoping for one extra layer added onto the plot.

So nothing different story wise? Rats, I was hoping for one extra layer added onto the plot.

Well none of the other friends besides tails (classic chars. don't count) are in. Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

Yes, it made everything worse.

Edited by Renesmee
  • Thumbs Up 2

It has multiplayer, that's something better...I guess.

Except Time Eater.

And, I guess it gave us multiplayer. And different stages and bosses.

But 50% of it I don't (Opinion) like.

• Thumbs Up 1

You play as Modern Sonic in the Shadow boss fight. Derp.

But the piece I quoted was talking about Metal Sonic.

Boop boop a doop.

Also I finally got around to watching all of Thigolf's videos (A for effort, that's for sure), and I have two main issues.

Classic looks like Sonic 4. Right down to the boosters and homing attack chains. I don't like that at all.

Every modern level looks like SA2's Green Hill. That means it's a tiny strip of land over a bottomless pit. That's pretty freakin awful IMO. I haven't been following this version at all, so it's probably been discussed to death, but it's something that irritated me in every video. Also it looks like dimps is up to their old "challenge with precision platforming over a bottomless pit at the end of a level" tricks again. I'm sorry, but that got old in Sonic Advance. What was that, 2002? Meaning Dimps has been playing the same card for NINE YEARS. Is that all they know how to do?

At least the level gimmicks were cool, and at least Super Sonic looks right. Honestly though, I really want Dimps to stop making Sonic games and go back to fighting games. Dimps Sonic games are rife with the same bad decisions every single time, and they add worse ones on top of those.

Also the German VAs suck. Just wanted to get that out there.

@Shadz and Doctor MK: ...are we the only three who don't see that big a problem with the 3DS version?

@lolwut: New member blood?

add me to the band wagon

But the piece I quoted was talking about Metal Sonic.

Boop boop a doop.

Also I finally got around to watching all of Thigolf's videos (A for effort, that's for sure), and I have two main issues.

Classic looks like Sonic 4. Right down to the boosters and homing attack chains. I don't like that at all.

Every modern level looks like SA2's Green Hill. That means it's a tiny strip of land over a bottomless pit. That's pretty freakin awful IMO. I haven't been following this version at all, so it's probably been discussed to death, but it's something that irritated me in every video. Also it looks like dimps is up to their old "challenge with precision platforming over a bottomless pit at the end of a level" tricks again. I'm sorry, but that got old in Sonic Advance. What was that, 2002? Meaning Dimps has been playing the same card for NINE YEARS. Is that all they know how to do?

At least the level gimmicks were cool, and at least Super Sonic looks right. Honestly though, I really want Dimps to stop making Sonic games and go back to fighting games. Dimps Sonic games are rife with the same bad decisions every single time, and they add worse ones on top of those.

Also the German VAs suck. Just wanted to get that out there.

Actually if dimps makes A Sonic fighting game I'll be perfectly fine with that!It's something they can do almost without fail. But that's for another topic.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Compare this to Generations' (the real one) Chemical Plant.

I guarantee you Chemical Plant would look like that in JENURASHUNS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cool, but if you consider the HD version the Real one, your posting this on the wrong topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why are you talking about your "JENURASHUNS" fan game on this thread but i think you should get back on topic.

No, that actually looks a bit better than the 3DS version would. I really don't know what Dimps is doing...like I don't get how they look at this product and feel satisfied as developers.

I don't know why are you talking about your "JENURASHUNS" fan game on this thread but i think you should get back on topic.

He was referring to the fangame called the 3DS Version of Generations.

He was referring to the fangame called the 3DS Version of Generations.

...Mn...pretty sure the 3DS version it's not called "JENURASHUNS" Nor is a fangame.

He still should be talking about his fangame here, though.

...Are you guys seriously arguing over this game, really guys? I mean for fuck's sake, its just a fucking game, let it go. I understand this is the topic about the game, but all we've been doing is bitching like children.

• Thumbs Up 9

...Are you guys seriously arguing over this game, really guys? I mean for fuck's sake, its just a fucking game, let it go. I understand this is the topic about the game, but all we've been doing is bitching like children.

SO MUCH WIN.

• Thumbs Up 1

So is it legal for me to say I actually Like this version as well?

It's obvious that the HD versions beats this version, but this one looks nice to IMO.

• Thumbs Up 4