Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

I thought it looked fine. I mean... I'm not going to pretend it's not bland and linear, but I think it's something I could have fun with.

Not worth buying a 3DS for, though.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here you go, crappy Emerald Coast Footage!

I know, it looks horrible, but I thought its better than nothing. Hope you guys enjoy it anyway.

You sir, are a god among men for this. *bows down*

Edited by Sean

Lack of experience with a new console is no excuse for bland level design.

lol, that be true, but then again, Emerald Coast was already empty looking in the first place.

Seriously, even if Water Palace did or didn't make the games cut, I still would've added underwater sections, I'd even add jungle sections too and parts where you run on a cruise liner.

Edited by Sean

Emerald Coast looks rather linear, but still great fun. I'm looking forward to the 3DS version, and I'll probably get it for Christmas.

...even if it's kinda bland...

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 3

3DS has limits yanno, not with visuals but with space, cant exapect the quailty that the ps3 (and counterparts) had it would cost dimps for extended carts, whats the point when you're unsure of how the sales'll be, best to keep it simple basic and fun

Edited by TaliTundie

DIMPS needs to get some better level designers.

I am not going to fully judge yet, but where Generations HD's biggest strength is it's level design, so far in the 3DS version it seems all I have seen so far has level design that is seriously lacking.

Edited by Skyward Dusk

Then again though, Emerald Coast was pretty empty and boring to begin with :V

You take that back ;_;

Also this is a re-imagining of levels, still no excuse

General consensus: "my god they cramped the shit outta such a wide-open level"

I'd like to rant about this, but nooooo, off-topic.

Remix kicks ass. Level Design-not so much.

I would kill for "Crappy" Biolizard footage with music. Pretty please....

Edited by Sean

Remix kicks ass. Level Design-not so much.

I would kill for "Crappy" Biolizard footage with music. Pretty please....

Let's not pressure our German buddy... just be patient and you'll get your wish smile.png

Edited by Sean

Meh, Modern Sonic's Emerald Coast looks just as drab and linear as his Green Hill and Mushroom Hill acts. What has me concerned, though, is that Emerald Coast is supposed to be around the halfway mark for the game, so unless the last three zones steps things up, this doesn't exactly bode well for Modern Sonic's gameplay.

3DS has limits yanno, not with visuals but with space, cant exapect the quailty that the ps3 (and counterparts) had it would cost dimps for extended carts, whats the point when you're unsure of how the sales'll be, best to keep it simple basic and fun

I don't think I have any brief way of responding to this, other than that your statement here isn't applicable, nor is it an adequate defense on the designers' behalf, regardless of how you feel about Dimps or anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody asked how Super Sonic was in comparison to the HD versions? sad.png

...is Super Sonic even playable outside of Time Eater at all?

Nobody asked how Super Sonic was in comparison to the HD versions? sad.png

Come to think of it, we don't even know if Super Sonic is playable outside the final boss fight...

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I don't think I have any brief way of responding to this, other than that your statement here isn't applicable, nor is it an adequate defense on the designers' behalf, regardless of how you feel about Dimps or anything.

YEAH,SAFE, im outta here

Edited by TaliTundie

By the way I almost forgot: spoiler tags, people. I'm going to go back and edit some people's posts for them, but don't expect me to do this again.

Wait a minute. That remix for Emerald Coast appears to be the one that's in the Olympic Games ohmy.png Imagine that!

So they re-imagined the remix.. >_>"