Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

...Okay? This thread will give you some info on the game, just check back like the rest of us every couple of days. Peace?

Anyways, this game got me re-playing Spider-man 2 again, and the game's still fun as hell, I'm worried about the swinging in this game still.

In SP2, I could list tons of reasons why I feel like Spider-man when swinging around in that game, the blur effects, the webbing actually sticking to buildings, the momentum based physics, all these just make it so much fun to swing around in that game.

But we still haven't seen that much gameplay form this game, and all I want to see before I'm sold on the game, is the Web swinging (though Stan Lee has piked up my interest by %300)

Web Swinging is the most important aspect of this game. Without it, it's like playing Arkham City without the gadgets

...Okay? This thread will give you some info on the game, just check back like the rest of us every couple of days. Peace?

Anyways, this game got me re-playing Spider-man 2 again, and the game's still fun as hell, I'm worried about the swinging in this game still.

In SP2, I could list tons of reasons why I feel like Spider-man when swinging around in that game, the blur effects, the webbing actually sticking to buildings, the momentum based physics, all these just make it so much fun to swing around in that game.

But we still haven't seen that much gameplay form this game, and all I want to see before I'm sold on the game, is the Web swinging (though Stan Lee has piked up my interest by %300)

Web Swinging is the most important aspect of this game. Without it, it's like playing Arkham City without the gadgets

true its like trying to imagine batman without a cape and a glider

true its like trying to imagine batman without a cape and a glider

Off topic, but you only have to press the quote button once. You can go next to report and press edit to delete the second quote. Just some advice fyi.

I was playing Arkham City, and I got to thinking about this game and its camera. I wonder if it will always be really close to Spidey, like Dee said? Or will it move back when running, like in AC?

I really hope we get some unedited gameplay footage soon. Seriously, that's all I need to cement my purchase of this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope we get some unedited gameplay footage soon. Seriously, that's all I need to cement my purchase of this game.

me too man, apparently my friend on twitter works for marvel and he said the game is worth buying and is so amazing, in the game you can do cool flips and twists and spidey will be better then the old ramai films. so yes the game is better then arkham city.

I'll believe it when I see it.

dont worry, i know it will be great. just you wait................

Lovin the comics.

So has there been anyword of those "special" missions showing up in this game.

You know what I'm talking about,

<.<

>.>

MY BALLOON

MyBalloon.jpg

Another thing I've noticed in trailers: Spidey's webbing doesn't seem to stick to buildings, more just shooting straight up SD or EoT style. Shame, that's actually one of my favourite things about the open world games's web swinging mechanics.

Another thing I've noticed in trailers: Spidey's webbing doesn't seem to stick to buildings, more just shooting straight up SD or EoT style. Shame, that's actually one of my favourite things about the open world games's web swinging mechanics.

How can you tell it isn't sticking to a building?

How can you tell it isn't sticking to a building?

If you look at trailers, the web looks like it's going straight up instead of to the side ala Spider-Man 2 or Ultimate Spider-Man. Besides, it's a Beenox thing to have straight-up-not-really-attaching-to-anything webbing. See Shattered Dimensions and Edge Of Time.

Then again, this still is speculation at this point. Not saying it's a fact yet or anything.

Soooo apparently, a new trailer is suppose to show up on GTTV thursday night. This is according to the ASM facebook page.

Beenox have said a long time ago that the webs will stick to buildings at times and at times will not. They know people like it but at times they make it so you can swing without them for gameplay purposes. At other times, they will stick for buildings. It all depends on whether or not it will hinder gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 4

Beenox have said a long time ago that the webs will stick to buildings at times and at times will not. They know people like it but at times they make it so you can swing without them for gameplay purposes. At other times, they will stick for buildings. It all depends on whether or not it will hinder gameplay.

this is true, the webs will only stick to bulidings if your in range i think, anyway who thinks that the cast of the asm movie will be voicing their roles in the game. i hope you can upgrade your web shooter in the game to web cross species, someone please tell me if you can do a web ball shot or webbing like spider man 2, remember when you web the enemies and getting them tangled by holding triangle on ps2

Sooo then I imagine/specluate then it will not attach if you are inside (they mentioned control changes inside) but attach if you are outside. And I'm okay with that.

And hopefully they don't do it (de-attach your webbing from buildings) so much that it takes away from the challenge of web-swinging.

Edited by Chaos Warp

ww.jeuxvideo.com/videos-editeurs/0004/00042597/the-amazing-spider-man-playstation-3-ps3-l-homme-ou-la-bete-00037175.htm web rush trailer

ww.jeuxvideo.com/videos-editeurs/0004/00042597/the-amazing-spider-man-playstation-3-ps3-l-homme-ou-la-bete-00037175.htm web rush trailer

Old trailer, dude.

Okay so Web Rush is looks interesting if not a bit automated. I do like how the Rhino boss fight looks a little better than the norm.

Okay that was decent. I really thought I was going to see QTE's for some reason. Slightly more interested in the game now.

Okay so that looks good. I really like the look of Web Rush, and how versatile it is. Kinda hoping it'll have a gauge or something, so you have to be strategic about how you use it.

Okay Beenox, all you need to do now is show us a Web Swinging trailer/showcase and I`ll be sold........

Edited by Chaos Warp

Okay so that looks good. I really like the look of Web Rush, and how versatile it is. Kinda hoping it'll have a gauge or something, so you have to be strategic about how you use it.

Okay Beenox, all you need to do now is show us a Web Swinging trailer/showcase and I`ll be sold........

Honestly, I'm only semi-interested in this point. I'm sure the Web Swinging will be good, but given that webbing will need to be refilled, and you can move so well with web rush, I might just use that and save the webbing for throwing objects and trapping enemies.

Also, Turbojet, they said in prior interviews that the Web Rush was somewhat automated, but that it gave you control by taking some of that control away. It looks stylish, allows you to get places quickly (and while conserving webbing,) but retains enough control so the game isn't playing itself (the ability to chose which target, whether you want to stop and go first-person mode or just choose on the fly, and the ability to regain control any time during the web rush should you change your mind on a target location.)