Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

The villains lineup for this game does look kinda shitty.

Instead, they had Bane,

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 4

Even if it wasn't obvious, looks like only the PS3,360, And PC versions will be free roaming, not the 3DS version (which I didn't know about tbh)

spiderman%20gamestop.png

Quoted due to insane imagegap

*Bane is awesome*

Funny thing is, before the teaser for Dark Knight Rises, I barely knew much about Bane, and thought he was a terrible choice. But then I went back and read Knightfall, read some of his history, and was like "Bane is a great choice!"

Edited by Nintendoga

i cant wait for this incredible looking game anyone kind enough to give me some detail on how the web swinging and wall crawling and jumping in the game is?smile.png

i hope in this game civilains on the street can cool you meance and throw trash at you and run away from you

Some details from the new GameInformer article that was posted on the SSH boards.

-You might want to wait to play the game after seeing the movie. While the game does take place after the film, it reveals some key parts of the films finale.

-There will be several comic books to collect throughout the city, that can then be read on the disc.

-There will be interior levels. The first part of the game is Peter Parker visiting Oscorp and here you'll see several of the experiments taking place.(Rhino,Vermin,Iguana and Scorpia were mentioned.) During this scene a breakout ensues.

-After this level is when the Free Roam begins. You'll be able to stop muggings, bank robberies and car thefts. Civilians will react to you by asking for autographs and Taking pictures with their cell phones. As the story progresses they'll shout about different things you've been involved in.

-There are two different upgrade systems. One for combat and the other for tech(including web shooters.)

-The combat is similar to the Arkham series. One button for combat and one for dodging.

-Alistair Smythe is one of the main antagonists and creates several Different Spider Slayer models.

how do counter dogde on xbox and how do you wall crawl?

I was wondering.........

Do you think we'll get anything new at E3?

any one see stan lee web rush mod screen shot it looks awesome,but it could be peter

the web rush trailer is coming out this week, fingers crossed

got any info

Not much new and kind of a spoiler for the film so beware.

http://www.gamepur.c...an-details.html

Spoiler for the film ->

One screenshot features Dr. Connors helping Spider-Man out.

Random crimes (bank heists, muggings, and car chases) are spread throughout the city. I didn’t see anything about ‘MY BALLOON’ though.

The game is after the movie. You could potentially have a few things spoiled in relation to Parker and other people featured in the movie since this takes place afterwards. That said, it’s the same exact Spider-Man story we’ve been told a million times before, so it’s not like the movie’s not already spoiled for any Spider-Man fans.

The game has a built in reader. You can unlock full comic book issues to read in the game such as Amazing Fantasy #15(Spidey’s first appearance).

The game tries to capture Spider-Man’s lucha libre inspired moveset from the movie.

Near the beginning you’ll see capsules with different Spider-Man villains, such as Rhino, Vermin, and Scorpia. Rhino has already been confirmed as a villain for the game and as a Gamestop pre-order bonus mode where you play as Rhino.

Been in production for nearly two years.

The combat is straight up Batman. There’s a melee button and a counter button. When you fill it up, you get to use special attacks like Batman’s in Arkham City. Spider-Man also floats with punches like Batman, but GI claims he’s far more acrobatic when he does it.

Web zip can be used to get out of a sticky situation and hide. So apparently there is some sort of stealth.

There’s a typical experience system for levelling combos and you can find things called web techs that give you new abilities or upgrade them like being able to web people to the wall.

Many of the story missions take place in doors in their own linear levels.

Some of the side content involves taking photos of locations, performing tricks for a videographer, and finding comic books.

The citizens will say things to you based on things you’ve done in the story.

Seamus Kevin Fahey(Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and the newer Battlestar Galactica) helped with the story.

Web rush slows down time as a sort of Spider Sense. It can be used for moving through Manhattan, but it can also be used in combat.

On another note, remember that it was said that you see through Spidey's lenses in first person POV when holding down the Web rush button to aim where you want to go? And that it was confirmed we will get unlockable skins?

Well....

EXCELSIOR, TRUE BELIEVERS!

292681_235246946575007_154937027939333_353032_86664830_n.jpg

Posted right from Dee's twitter!

@LtCoolDee Three guesses, true believers!

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 5

I swear I am going to butt rape Dee with a broomstick if Beenox doesn't release gameplay footage soon.

Edited by turbojet

I swear I am going to butt rape Dee with a broomstick if Beenox doesn't release gameplay footage soon.

Three things.

1. Not to backseat mod but what does that really add to the thread? We all want gameplay footage. No need to keep saying it.

2. Beenox doesn't decide when to release stuff. Activision and Sony do as they're the one's distributing it.

3. Stan Lee is playable. Fuck yes.

any one see stan lee web rush mod screen shot it looks awesome,but it could be peter

the web rush trailer is coming out this week, fingers crossed

got any info

A screen from the GI article. Somewhat of a spoiler for the film.

581546_372216922814706_100000792055410_1025203_148419308_n.jpg

I have one. Punctuation is a major thing here at SSMB. Please use it along with Caps. (/backseatmod)

So I finally got my copy of GI in and saw the article. Just from the screens, I'm no longer very sure about this game. From the sound of it, it's basically Batman AC with spider-man in it. I know that sounds great because that's how Spidey's last 3 games should have been like but it just does not seem right. And the Screens that were shown in GI were new (to my knowlegde) but nothing spectacular. That web rush trailer better do some justice or I feel that faith for this game will fall. (It hurts more knowing Activision is involved)

i dont care about puncation on this site, i could care less, are you my english teacher? if now then shut the fuck up

i dont care about puncation on this site, i could care less, are you my english teacher? if now then shut the fuck up

You better care. It's in the board rules which you are obliged to read upon registering and posting.

No? Didn't get the memo that insulting people with a condescending attitude like yours isn't allowed either? Double whammy there. Have an infraction on the house. Improve your behavior or I'll have you off the site faster than your precious spidey-sense can take note of. If you register here, you have to play by the rules.

• Thumbs Up 6

Even if it wasn't obvious, looks like only the PS3,360, And PC versions will be free roaming, not the 3DS version (which I didn't know about tbh)

Quoted due to insane imagegap

Funny thing is, before the teaser for Dark Knight Rises, I barely knew much about Bane, and thought he was a terrible choice. But then I went back and read Knightfall, read some of his history, and was like "Bane is a great choice!"

Wait, there's a PC version? As long as it isn't a piece of shit like Spider-Man 2, I'm buying it.

No words in this post or topic can express the fan-gasm I am having right now with Stan Lee being playable.

http://movies.yahoo....-150900963.html

ASM-Pre-Order-Stan-Lee-Standalone-jpg_154351.jpg

"The Avengers" features what many fans are calling Stan Lee's best cameo to date in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Because his appearance comes near the end of the film, it is easy to miss this classic bit of comic book-inspired humor.

"The cameo is what is causing [the film] to do such good business," Lee said when reached by telephone. "People miss it the first time, so they buy another ticket to see it again. The biggest mistake DC [Comics] made was not giving me a cameo in 'Green Lantern'; think of the business that would have done."

Arguably the most animated person in the comic book industry, the legendary creator will appear as himself in a video game adaptation of the upcoming movie "The Amazing Spider-Man." The new film starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone serves as a leaping-off point for the game.

Players can take on the role of Stan "The Man" Lee during his own special mission throughout Manhattan. While traversing New York City in the game world, players will be accompanied by Lee's famous witty banter.

"I'm just a living cartoon," Lee enthused. "I couldn't believe it when I got the call from Activision. Then they asked would that be OK with me, would I want to do it. I shouted, 'Of course!' It sounded sensational."

Fans who pre-order the game through Amazon will be able to unlock this special mission, which involves tracking down pages of a lost manuscript. Morphing into a video game character required Lee to do photo shoots and lay down some voice tracks.

While providing the voice, Lee said he tried to imagine how "Iron Man" star Robert Downey Jr. would be doing the character: "I didn't know if they made me look more like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. It's hard to know, and it must be hard for them to pick the right image for me because how could you reproduce this [face] accurately in just a game?"

The Amazing Spider-Man game also sees Lee swinging through the city like Spider-Man.

"This wasn't easy for me, practicing all these moves. I'm just afraid when they see me do it, that may put Spider-Man in the shadows," he said. "I hope they don't have me looking too realistic and life-like. That would be tough for the Spider-Man fans. I swung through the city like an average guy would do, instead of giving it my usual derring-do."

Lee also is thrilled that this video game brings Spider-Man back to New York City for the first time in five years.

"Obviously, no teenager can afford the rents in New York today. Certainly, they can't afford a condo. As everybody knows, I am the most generous, big-hearted guy in the world. I was willing to let Spider-Man sort of bunk with me," Lee explained. "I let him use my apartment. I don't even bother locking the door anymore when I go to sleep because Spider-Man is there."

Though he is part of the game, Activision hasn't told Lee much about the game in order to surprise him.

"I'm like a prisoner in a cell marking the days off until I get the game," he said. "Every game Activision does, I am so impressed with the quality of it: the visuals, the sound, the imagination that they put into it. They are all true to the comic books, but they are all different enough from the comic books that it is a totally different experience."

Anticipating his next appearance, Lee expects Activision to have him smashing cities like the Hulk or flying through the air like Iron Man.

"I think Spider-Man is the best start I could have made. He's the greatest character. Of course, he is like me in so many wonderful ways," Lee said. "Even without me, it's a great game. Now that I am in the game, they have peaked."

The Amazing Spider-Man by Activision debuts June 26. "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie will hit theaters one week later on Tuesday, July 3.

Not sure why Stan lee is not showing up.....

Edited by Eternal X

156125_235787883187580_154937027939333_355034_1929951403_n.jpg

YES!

More screens.

530397_372214866148245_100000792055410_1025201_1037290972_n.jpg

536462_372216199481445_100000792055410_1025202_713302658_n.jpg

549446_372218979481167_100000792055410_1025215_788418401_n.jpg

530374_372218082814590_100000792055410_1025208_1209462091_n.jpg

535240_372218822814516_100000792055410_1025214_29300936_n.jpg

531282_372218689481196_100000792055410_1025213_422367122_n.jpg

531322_372218536147878_100000792055410_1025211_502495761_n.jpg

399060_372218332814565_100000792055410_1025209_1187592088_n.jpg

577928_372217886147943_100000792055410_1025207_1115763763_n.jpg

522837_372217076148024_100000792055410_1025204_237876262_n.jpg

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 4

Fans who pre-order the game through Amazon will be able to unlock this special mission, which involves tracking down pages of a lost manuscript.

Hmm, so you have to pre-order through Amazon? I guess that means we won't be getting the Rhino DLC. Ah well, it's worth it for Stan Lee. Since it just involves a few missions, I wonder if you'll still be able to swing around the city as him whenever you want like Spidey...

156125_235787883187580_154937027939333_355034_1929951403_n.jpg

BLAHGGAERWGHGR

GOTY, Better then Spider-man 2. I'm done here. I don't need to be in this thread anymore.

• Thumbs Up 5