Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

I thought we were talking about TAS 2012. Though to be fair, I didn't know how different the Wii verison of Spidey 3 was, so thanks for the info all the same!

WoS isn't a bad game, Story is okay, Controls are good, Combat was alright, and the swinging for the most part was fine. Plus I really did like how you could have more air-focused battles.

But the thing is it was so unpolished. Like enemies would dissapear out of nowhere whether you're near them, or fighting them. Camera would jerk around lots of times when fighting on walls, the game would randomly get large amounts of slowdown, to the point of where the game would actually freeze and load the city because you were swinging too fast. It made alot of things in WoS very awkward.

Guess I was lucky that I didn't encounter any of that.

Crow, I'm pretty sure we are. Just comparing 2012 to past spidey games. I mean TAS looks good but also looks like Beenox ripped off Batman AC and AA. But that's just what I see. I may be wrong so I'll make my final judgement when I play it weeks from now.

I thought we were talking about TAS 2012. Though to be fair, I didn't know how different the Wii verison of Spidey 3 was, so thanks for the info all the same!

Oh.

Well, still. (Yeah, I was talking about SM3 in that post you quoted) tongue.png

Never seen any of that, really.

Well, not on the HD version anyway. I could make a huuuuuuuuge list of the crazy ass shit I've seen in the Wii version.

I played the PS2 version (which is a port of the Wii version) for about twenty minutes before going back to the store and demanding a refund because the game was absolutely broken and an absolutely appalling excuse for a product. I'm talking about the HD version, which is still awful in its own right.

Oh, and I did end up getting that refund. Very satisfying~

I actually really don't care if there's air webbing or not. The game looks fun nevertheless. I'm buying the game for my 360 once I have the money.

We're it not for cloud swinging, Amazing Spider Man would have been sitting on my shelf since day 1. As it stands, I might rent it. Ihad this game pre-ordered, as I love Beenox's Shattered Dimensions, but as soon as I saw the gameplay, I pulled the plug. The rest of this game gives it the potential to be the best Spider Man game ever made, but the swinging mechanics absuletely kill it. In terms of wasted potential, this game tops Edge of Time as the worst offender. All this because of sky swinging. I will not buy this game unless Beenox releases an update that gives an option for advanced swinging.

Really? There's nothing else wrong with this game?

The only thing that keeps it from being Edge of Time all over again is the ability to go outside and rip off Spider-Man 2's missions. The bosses are all the exact same fight with a different theme, save for Rhino (which sucks in its own way) and the robot fights (which are admittedly pretty cool.)

The in-game Twitter feed, which promised to be really cool, was a loading screen gag that only changes once ever chapter. And don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to read it with the 30-45 second load times!

Let's not forget the story, which somehow manages to rip off Web of Shadows and Spider-Man 64 while also being wangsty and melodramatic. I hope you hate Vermin, Chameleon, Rhino, and Scorpion, because they are all ret-conned worse than the villains in Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.

Black Cat, I'm sorry, Felicia Hardy is in the game as well, but she's one of the numerous Edge of Time Noir missions that escalates into a shittier boss fight than that of Edge of Time itself. The game teases her return, but this never comes to pass.

So fuck you I like the web-swinging

• Thumbs Up 1

It isn't the air-webbing that bugs me, so much as the very... mechanical looking web-swinging.

I'll go against the crowd and say that Spider-Man 2's swinging doesn't really hold up as the best for me anymore. Ultimate Spider-Man let me fly around in the air like a super-powered trapeze artist, running along and leaping off the sides of buildings like a champ. It was simple, it was fluid, and it was a ton of fun. This, on the other hand, doesn't really seem to give room for showing off or developing your own style of swinging; it just looks automated, in a sense. Now, I've admittedly never played it myself, so I may be wrong, but I'm not seeing much to be excited about as far as swinging is concerned.

Couple this with the downright idiotic idea to have finite random crimes, and I'm not sure if it'll surpass Ultimate Spider-Man or Shattered Dimensions (which I felt did what it wanted to do almost perfectly) for me.

Also, question: Is the script nearly as funny and charming as that of Shattered Dimensions?

Slightly off topic. But am I really the only one who really hates Shattered Dimensions? Personally, next to EOT, SD is considered the worst spidey game to date. WOS , spidey 3 and Ultimate spidey are far superior.

But from what I've seen so far, ASM could be put down pretty damn close to SD and EOT.

(runs back to Infamous 2, Gears 3, GR future soldier and MP3.)

Edited by Eternal X

I've personally never been able to get into SD. I get past the Kraven level then I feel no inspiration to keep me going. Web of Shadows kept me going till the end with it's intresting plot and addictive (if not repetitive) combat.

Spidey 3 is a pile of shit though. Seriously.

Got the game on Thursday and still haven't posted my thoughts. It certainly ISN'T my favorite Spider-Man game (Which belongs to Shattered Dimensions.), but it isn't a bad one either, I've had loads of fun with this one, and I love the combat for some reason, I just love beating up bad guys, where as in Edge of Time I utterly HATED the fighting, glad they changed it because it was pissing me off in Edge of Time. It's a great game, and it's especially great for a movie game, the web-swinging doesn't bother me, and the boss battles are pretty fun. I'm really glad I picked this one up, because this is probably one of my favorite games.

Edited by Winston the Fredpool

Yeah, really not seeing this. How so?

My personal opinion. I loved the open world gameplay most spidey games had. Even WOS had a decent new york. Then again this is coming from a guy who loved Spidey 3 when it first came out along with WOS....

SD and EOT, I'm not a fan of that level to level gameplay in my spidey game. That alone made it a pain, then the web slinging.....OH my gosh. And don't even get me started on the Noir style. Fuck you for ripping on Batman AA. The only thing SD did right to me was bring back all of Spidey's past VA's minus tobey. That was it's redeeming feature. Aside from that, that game can go burn in gaming hell with Duke Nukem forever.

Fuck you for ripping on Batman AA.

Umm...isn't that *exactly* what the new game does, too?

• Thumbs Up 1

My personal opinion. I loved the open world gameplay most spidey games had. Even WOS had a decent new york. Then again this is coming from a guy who loved Spidey 3 when it first came out along with WOS....

SD and EOT, I'm not a fan of that level to level gameplay in my spidey game. That alone made it a pain, then the web slinging.....OH my gosh. And don't even get me started on the Noir style. Fuck you for ripping on Batman AA. The only thing SD did right to me was bring back all of Spidey's past VA's minus tobey. That was it's redeeming feature. Aside from that, that game can go burn in gaming hell with Duke Nukem forever.

So you don't like the level-based structure; I don't see how that's a reason to say it's a bad game, but whatever.

Anyhow, I really want to know because this is kind of a big deal for me: How's the script? Is Spider-Man actually witty like he was in SD?

For those (like me) still hesitant on the game, this video actually provides alot of good/bad points about the game.

It's long but practically almost no spoilers

Anyhow, I really want to know because this is kind of a big deal for me: How's the script? Is Spider-Man actually witty like he was in SD?

According to alot of people and this guy, He's a smartass in battles and makes fun of enemies throughout the battle, which are usually pretty funny. So yeah, more so like from the comics.

Yeah, Spidey doles out quips whenever you're fighting or performing a stealth take down. Some are unique to bosses, while there are others generally used for generic encounters.

Hey guys, I just noticed that GameStop is selling used GameCube games dirt cheap. Can I get some opinions on which spider man game was better, Ultimate or Spidey 2?

I'm expecting most people to say Spider-Man 2, but I personally found more enjoyment in Ultimate. It's got the best web-swinging system to date, the story and presentation is much better (by which I mean script, voice acting, etc.), and the game just seems to have a lot more charm to it, if that makes sense.

It's definitely my own preference, and I'll concede that Spider-Man 2 is a much bigger game overall, but I just enjoy Ultimate a lot more.

They're both quite worth it, really. I think SM2 has the better web swinging and open world (Ultimate's feels more simplistic, IMO) , but Ultimate has *really* good story missions. Either one will suit you fine, but I highly recommend checking out both of them by some point.

Hey guys, I just noticed that GameStop is selling used GameCube games dirt cheap. Can I get some opinions on which spider man game was better, Ultimate or Spidey 2?

When it comes to both of those games you can easily form an opinion on the games' selling point by just looking at them in action, because what you see in those games is pretty much what you get.

Would you rather want

Or

I'd take Spider-Man 2 any day since, like Prototype, you feel like a fucking boss getting from point A to point B, or just ripping shit up from one side of Manhattan to the other which is faithfully captured. The absolute delight of feeling like Spider-Man more than makes up for its shortcomings, which is dull combat and meh missions. Oh yeah, and Bruce Campbell.

Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty good, i mean there are nods to other characters in Marvel, like Wolverine and Johnny Torch, all the characters have had very edgey manga-ish facelift to fit the cel shaded style, i.e. Rhino is actually a fucking huge mechanical beast that kicks major ass, plus you get the option of playing as Venom who handles pretty much like the incredibly hulk of the series without the immense destruction... it can be a bit of a grind to play sometimes.

i'd say Spider-Man 2 is the better option, it just felt too good to be true to have a decent Spider-Man movie game but it actually was pretty decent, and open area'd to boot, if it was on the map you could get to it, and it had side missions, civilian rescues and a ton of secrets to find.

it also felt satisfying climbing the empire states building, because that's the first thing we do in every open area game set in New York :B

Would you rather want

Ha ha, now I really want to record a video of me swinging around the city like a boss. This guy doesn't show off enough. :P

Should I just turn this into a Spiderman game general topic? It seems like the last 2 pages were just about all spidey games and less about ASM.

I'm very disappointed by the fact that the iOS version of the game is open-world, yet the 3DS version is not.

Like what the fuck?

Gameplay

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3