Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

So, I was at Downtown Disney and they were selling KH3D for $46

I lol'd

To be fair, Downtown Disney prices are like 10203% more than average. I remember coffee being like $7.

Everything is more expensive at Disney World, it's an amusement park. Well, except for this stainless steel watch I got from there, it was appraised at a higher value then I bought it for.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everything is more expensive at Disney World, it's an amusement park. Well, except for this stainless steel watch I got from there, it was appraised at a higher value then I bought it for.

Isn't Downtown Disney the actual city part, not just the World? I remember quite a few shopping centers and theaters being there.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

With KH2.5 on the way, now would be a great time to get wishes out as to what should and needs to be included. The game hasn't been started yet, and the possibilities and speculation are endless. I'll start.

1.Coded fully playable

Kingdom%20Hearts%20Re-coded.jpg

Sure, Kingdom hearts 358/2 days didn't get a full playable game in 1.5HD, but it was intended, but time restraints made it not so. They have like a year to 2 on this, so they could very well make this a playable title. Considering the game has no new levels or characters, this could all just use already existing assets.(KH1, Re:com and 2 most likely)

2. Birth By Sleep online capability

Joint_Struggle.png

Kingdom Heart birth by sleeps concept for multiplayer was nice, but because it was local and not many people were around others with the game, made it really unmemorable. Now that the game is coming to a console, perhaps it can add multiplayer. I mean, Peace walker was able to, what's stopping square?

3. Woody and Buzz

BuzzWoodyModels.jpg

These two were going to be a 2 team summon that was going to be in KH2, but time constraints and legal issues with pixar had them not make it to the finalized version, which is a bummer. It only makes sense now to add them, now that Pixar is fully owned by disney.(and while were at it quare, re-add pleqley to deep space)

4.Jungle book(BBS)

kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-beta-unusefrmbuf006.jpg

Again, time restraints made this not happen. They had the assets and everything. They were so close to finishing it. Square, now is the time.

5.Voice acting in added scenes(kh2)

1345652707Lingering%20Will.png

Now that we finally have established voice actors, I don't see the point in keeping these additional scenes muted. It's just uncalled for at this point.

6.Increased difficulty(KH2)

KH2 was easy. and while the final mix sort of fixed this, with challenging levels(cavern of rememberance) the inclusion of the reaction commands still made the game simple. a limit to these(perhaps a gauge of sorts) would be nice.

7.More Keyblades

....Yeah not gonna happen

but with Re:com getting more keyblades because of other games....maybe

8.Port Royal

Oh port royal....you had the potential to be a really good stage. I don't know why it wasn't. perhaps the characters designs, the themes of the original movie being stripped or.....

500full.jpg

Ah yes, my favorite reason. The fact that Sora, Donald and Goofy all contradict with everything about the stage. I understand it's a Kingdom Hearts game but come on square. you couldn't just give them a pirate outfit or something?

10. The hundred Acre Wood(bbs)

13.jpg

It felt a little lazy that the stage just ended up being a level for a board game. Terra opens up the book and....nothing. Something would have been nice. Even if it wasn't a world, perhaps a cut-scene more(Preferably Ven or Aqua). SOMETHING.

And that's my top 10 things. there was other stuff like the Battle of 1000 heartless,Castle of dreams having more rooms for certain characters(Cough!VenCough!) that I feel would also be nice for them to edit, but I feel like these ones would do more good. What about you?

Edited by X.A.N.A
  • Thumbs Up 1

I bet that Re:coded won't be playable. If it isn't there really isn't a lot to miss. It was a re-hash of KH1 with the worlds and the real reason we paid attention to that game was for that message Mickey gives Sora, Riku and Kairi. The story was pretty much filler until near the end. Yeah Re:coded has different gameplay styles that made it fresh and it was a lot better than 358/2 Days, but I still wouldn't mind if Re:coded ended up down the same path of 358/2 Days HD.

If BBS multiplayer didn't have online then I don't see it happening here. Peace Walker HD having online makes sence since the PSP version had online play to begin with.

With KH2 I would like to see it uncut in english. The censorship in Port Royal felt really awkward.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

I bet that Re:coded won't be playable. If it isn't there really isn't a lot to miss. It was a re-hash of KH1 with the worlds and the real reason we paid attention to that game was for that message Mickey gives Sora, Riku and Kairi. The story was pretty much filler until near the end. Yeah Re:coded has different gameplay styles that made it fresh and it was a lot better than 358/2 Days, but I still wouldn't mind if Re:coded ended up down the same path of 358/2 Days HD.

If BBS multiplayer didn't have online then I don't see it happening here. Peace Walker HD having online makes sence since the PSP version had online play to begin with.

It probably won't knowing square, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing all those alternate gameplay styles like the RPG ff7 like system in HD.

I also still think because of large fan request online will be featured in BBS.

Edited by X.A.N.A

I don't know if Days was actually supposed to be playable or if that was more of a "we considered it for a second but were too lazy". I assume they'll do the same for Coded. It's a huge wasted opportunity and it's kinda sad, if Days and/or Coded were properly remade on a strong engine they could actually be better than they are. Though.. I dunno if that would have saved Days' awful mission-based gameplay. Still, some of the battles would be amazing properly remade, and the multiplayer would be hella fun.

I kinda feel like the notion of it being an "HD Collection with 3 games" is kind of a cheat, Days is advertised on the box and the title screen as a third of a package, it even has its own title screen and set of trophies, but it's just cutscenes. I'm sure many gamers will feel "lied to" by the game's presentation, even if it says on the blurb in small print "only cutscenes" or something.

Anyway, slight rant over the way..

Maybe they do have a bit more time for the next HD ReMix, but I can't really see them adding in old beta elements. I.5 seems practically identical to the originals, maybe there will be more extras in it but it doesn't seem like it even has new story details, extra scenes or anything, let alone removed areas or summons, KHI had many of those too.

However I think the extra scenes in KHIIFM+ will definitely be voiced now unlike before. That's one thing I'm confident they will add.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the battle with Xemnas from KHI has been voiced for this? I remember it was strangely silent in the original, probably because the rest of the game used English voice track and Sora's lines were reused for that scene.

I also think BBS' multiplayer will be online, should be fun. I'm really hoping for local multiplayer too..

And, a tiny hunch; but I'm thinking II.5 ReMix will at least include a synopsis of KH3D, or maybe some teasy cutscenes from it. I don't expect them to remake a game still recent and actively in print, but I expect they'll want to advertise it or show that it leads into KHIII, because after KHII.5 I really think KHIII is next.

(For real this time.)

The thing i want most for 2.5 HD? Add the damn capes to the armour mode!

I mean seriously, where did the capes went? They were present in both the Terra armour fight and that awesome trailer for BBS and because of the limitation of the PSP, they were removed in the actual game: a waste that can be redeemed.

Other things i want:

-in KHII remove censorship and bring back voice clips during battles in the european version (or at least in the italian one, since they were absent);

-try to add some previously removed content, like characters from worlds in BBS (the one-eye alien in Stich's ship);

-possibility to change voice acting from american to japanese; i'm sorry, USA folks, but Aqua's american voice is still terrible to listern;

Haha, I actually wanted to Tweet Square earlier and suggest them to hire a new VA for Aqua if they ever do KHII.5. Unfortunately I doubt we'll be getting that or Japanese voice tracks anytime soon.

Also, maybe Square just learnt through their partnership with Disney that capes are bad news?

• Thumbs Up 2

I think they'd save Dream Drop Distance for a collection with KH3 many, many years from now. It's probably the most console-like experience of the handheld games along with BBS. Haven't the games for 2.5 already been confirmed by now (or at least as close as possible considering the end-game screenshots).

I think the fact that 358/2 Days isn't playable is an improvement, honestly. I love the story, but the gameplay is pretty horrendous. Always thought it would work better as a movie of some sort, and now my dream has finally been realized.

This pleases me.

Re:coded, on the other hand, I'd prefer playable, since it was pretty much the opposite case: great gameplay, lackluster story. Or...at least...I thought the gameplay was great, anyway... :I

4.Jungle book(BBS)

kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-beta-unusefrmbuf006.jpg

Again, time restraints made this not happen. They had the assets and everything. They were so close to finishing it. Square, now is the time.

yes pls

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I wanted from 358/2 days had it been playable was a coop feature.:P it could have worked. But yeah codeds gameplay...ehh it's okay. It was things like camera and platforming and tacked on gimmicks that brought it down for me.

I liked coded's gameplay too, the platforming stuff was often an interesting way to change the areas. It was definitely tedious at points though.. some segments should be removed completely.

Lookin at you Olympus Colosseum.

But yeah I do think Coded should be properly remade, even if it probably won't be.

I'd love to see the missing areas in BBS aswell, but I also don't think that'll happen.

SE has released the PAX East trailer for KHHD (Featuring our first footage of the English 358/2 Days scenes!):

It's called puberty, my friend. If you watched Doug Walker's Disneycember, he mentioned a similar thing in the voice of Arthur of Sword in the Stone. How ironic since it's Disney related.

It's called puberty, my friend. If you watched Doug Walker's Disneycember, he mentioned a similar thing in the voice of Arthur of Sword in the Stone. How ironic since it's Disney related.

yeah....I know.:P I was just saying after all these years, it really surprises me how far the series has come. brings back memories hearing this.

• 3 weeks later...

kh3emblem.jpg

Edit: I'm gonna fix this. So since I was gone for awhile, I decided to check out some Kingdom hearts news, and was awaiting the inevitable KH3 prank. Welp. Here it is. Hilariously, I never expected them to make this.

• KINGDOM HEARTS <3 has been in development alongside -HD 1.5 ReMIX-
  • It's being referred to as "Project <3"
  • Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy will all be playable characters, though it is unknown if they are interchangable.
  • Kairi is rumored to also be playable but remains unverified at the moment
  • Two worlds have been confirmed based on the following films: Aladdin and the King of Thieves, in order tie up remaining loose ends with the Diamond in the Rough, and Toy Story, a world that has been heavily desired by both fans and members of the development team alike
  • Hashimoto tells the audience to "Please be excited" in the near future. Although he didn't say it outright, we should look forward to the reveal of Particularly Interesting Xtra Alternative Radical worlds.
  • Two FINAL FANTASY characters, one from FINAL FANTASY XIII described to be trying to defy their fate, and another from FINAL FANTASY XII who is trying to save their empire, will make appearances in "Project <3"

As silly as most of this sounds, I actually do think some of this is pretty likely to happen in KH3.(Pixar worlds, King of Thieves, Final Fantasy 13 characters. That kind of stuff. The reactions in some comments sections are making me laugh though.
Edit: I should've mentioned this old. But I'm brining it up because it's funny.tongue.png Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I edited my post. it should be more clear what my point for posting this is.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

...It's April 7th.

Yeah, I know it was late. edited my original post. I'm not posting this to prank anyone btw.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I have gotta say, I am loving the remastered Soundtrack to this game! Everything is so polished and re-defined.  It gives me high hoped for KH 2.5HD.

• Thumbs Up 4

Vector to the Heavens makes me curl up into a ball and cry

(EDIT: prefer the original ost version though I think.)

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2