Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Kingdomheartscharacters.jpg

So the Kingdom Hearts series.....Yeah even if you haven't played or heard of the series, odds are you've heard us talk about it in the status updates. It's a pretty popular series.

Now before I start this, I want to say this,so listen and listen good, cause I don't want anyone trying to use this to make it seem like I hate the series and all it is. I LOVE this series. Probably more than Sonic. Almost everything about the series I can find much enjoyment in.<br />

With that said though, there are problems in the series. It's not perfect. Far from it. I am going to try and explain and interpret the positives and negatives that the series holds. That means going in depth about certain things. This is going to be long. With all that said, lets start this. First, lets start with the Positives of the series.

The Positives

Art style/graphics
kingdom_hearts_2_23.jpg?w=510
Kingdom Hearts is a mix of different styles. The series takes some visual inspiration from the Final Fantasy series, as well as having many different artstyles from different Disney movies, depending on what world you visit. The original characters take heavy inspiration from FF, while the disney characters and FF characters stay surprisingly very faithful to their original counterparts despite being in 3d. All the characters have a wide variety of crazy fun expressions, helping you never feel like you've seen this or that. There is much creativity in the series. From the beauty of the Destiny islands, to the computer digitalness of Space paranoids. Everything pops out, is lively and magical feeling. It's eye candy to look at. In the graphic department it satisfies greatly and gets the job well for the most part.
Character Interaction

There may be problems in the main story itself, but when the plot puts that aside and focuses on the separate worlds, it begins to shine. The interaction between the main characters and other Disney characters amazes me. They never seem to detract with what made the movies, the movies. Even in KH2, when they added original plots to each world, the disney characters were still able to feel and act like they should, never getting OOC. It never felt Weird. Even having The World Ends With You characters in KH3D was welcome!

Now I say a lot about KH3D when it comes to it's plot, but Young Xehanort made for a good main antagonist if you ask me. Plot device aside, the way he always interrogated Sora and Riku amazed me. Always having them question themselves at points. Xemnas was also a villain I felt in the series was greatly used(again plot device aside.) His reasoning and sane attitude on top of him actually making points, made for a awesome villain in KH2.

MUSIC

I seriously cannot express how awesome this soundtrack is when it comes to music. The best Example I can think of is probably the main theme itself. Dearly Beloved.

Every version of this Song captures how I felt about the series when I first played it. I seriously cannot imagine someone starting up this game and going &quot;BLECH! I NEED TO START THE GAME! IT'S TERRIBLE!&quot;tongue.png

Design

The design of the original characters really do stand out(you can take that either way)Sora is very wacky looking and colorful. You can tell by the way he dresses he's a very colorful character very nice. The design of each of the characters really do tell a lot about each of them

The enemies are also very creative in design. The dream eaters and Heartless probably being the best examples. These two groups just take wacky, and cute and turn them into killing machines. All the enemies(bar nobodies) are very colorful and very animated in their movements and attacks. God I really do want a Shadow plushie! 

Their are some badass designed bosses to. Like the reaper heartless in port royal or the thorn thing from beasts castle. My point is, the enemies are very different from each other. Some even depend on the world you visit. Digital heartless in space paranoids, monkey heartless in deep jungle.
Gameplay

Kingdom Hearts is a action RPG. As such you'll be doing a lot of free roaming, exploring and interacting in the game. As well as button mashing at times. It still has some traditional RPG elements like magic,summons and leveling up, but it's severely different from a game like FF7. It's pretty enjoyable actually. I really liked those elements that RPG's had, but preferred the more up close and personal way of playing. Exploring the levels and finding secrets never gets old. Throughout the Series lifespan, it has added certain gimmicks to keep it fresh, and while some are welcome additions(like flomotion)others while still enjoyable at times are questioned by fans(reaction commands, and all of com). 

Chain of memories took the series free roaming action RPG elements, and tried mixing it with a card game styled game. Personally I was welcome to the addition. It had some creativity. I preferred the GBA version over the PS2 version however, but I'll save that for the negatives. 

Birth By sleep took the deck system of CoM, and implemented a more traditional style which the series has used since. Instead of cards, you can select a number of different special attacks,Magic and items to use. Spamming the attack button is still doable, but far more challenging, as the games from then on actually require more skill and creativity with your decks. It was a welcome addition that added more challenge to the games that so many hardcore fans wanted.
Along with all this is the party system. Which allows up to 2 more CPU's to aid you on your adventures. Now some of the available characters are only available if you visit the World They are from.(ex. Beast in Beasts Castle, Tron in Space Paranoids) Goofy and Donald are the mainstays however that would aid you on your adventures.

The Negatives

The series has its ups and it has its downs. and when it goes down it goes DOWN. Okay we are going to start.The Original Characters

Okay, So we've discussed how the interaction for many of the characters were great. Now lets actually Talk about these characters. Most of the main characters really can fit into any anime cliche. You got the happy girl Kairi, the Happy,Shonen hero Sora and the edgy, moody, more mature anti-hero Riku. Going more into each of these characters, lets start with everyones favorite main character! Sora...
Sora:

Sora_%28Scan%29_KH3D.png

Sora, the main character of the series. Well I will say this. He's a very happy guy. In fact, I think that's probably his biggest problem. He's TOO happy. During and after KH2 square made him the center of EVERYTHING in the series. That charm that he originally had was now gone. He was just a boy on a island, that got caught up in saving the world. Ever since then he's been seen as a Jesus like savior of the series. Because of that, Square seems to think he can't show anything else. Look, it's great that he's a kind hearted guy. But I'd personally love to see more of his Chain of Memories and KH2 self. You know, where he actually displayed, confusion, anger, things that showed that he was a guy that still was struggling with his duty as a Keyblade Wielder.

Riku

Riku_%28Scan%29_KH3D.png

Riku actually is a pretty cool character. They really developed him pretty well throughout the series. The only problem I can find with Riku, is he doesn't exactly know where he stands yet(although 3D seems to have put that to rest?) Yeah....

Kairi_%28Art%29_KHII.png

Okay is it just me or does Kairi kinda look like Lightning in this pic?tongue.png

Back on topic, we have Kairi. &nbsp;This is probably Just me, but I found that Kairi was much too Clingy in KH2. She seemed fine in KH1, but aside from that I have nothing really to say about the way Kairi has been dealt with....maybe make her less abnoxious?

And then we have the other main characters.
Roxas

Sora's nobody. If there is one way to describe Roxas, it's moody. He's most of the time, in some way, sad. So much, that people assume he's emo! He's a much more interesting Sora than Sora actually is to me. His mythos and life is more engaging. KH2 really showed him at his best. However, 358/2 days and even 3D characterized moreso moody and sad than anything else. There's that, and halfway through he got sidetracked and replaced with Xion. Who whaddya know is next!
Xion

Xion is the memories of Sora that were taken away from him during Chain of Memories by Namine and created into a Physical form. She was meant to be a replica of Sora and used should Roxas prove a failure. However, because of Sora's strong connection to Kairi, Xion took the physical form of Kairi instead. Yeah....its really ridiculous. She's kinda useless as a character. I mean, yeah it explains part of the reason why Roxas went rouge on the Organization, but aside from that, what else is there that hints at her? Aqua was hinted at more than her! She just seems like she's there so square could create another threesome of friends.(Roxas,Axel and Xion) Her ending was sad yes, but looses some feeling because she's not actually dead!

Ventus

The look-alike to Roxas. ventus is one of the three main characters playable in Birth By Sleep. He's....very whiny. I seriously am not joking. Kid Sora and Riku in BBS are more mature. He is very clingy to his friends and gets upset when anyone says anything negative about Terra. He's very annoying. &nbsp;At the end of the game he sacrifices his heart to save his friends, and merges with Sora's, because I dunno YOLO.:/ This basically ends up explaining why Roxas looks like Ven...:/ Ven is now asleep until his heart returns. His body has been placed in Castle Oblivion. The same castle CoM takes place in.</span></span></p>
Aqua

probably the most important of the group, Aqua is the mature one of the group. She keeps the group in check. She is a Keyblade master, and is stuck in the Realm of Darkness. Aside from her english voice being very dry and boring, she's pretty good. Although she is pretty gullible at times, or easily falls into traps.

Terra

Oh Terra....Ohoho Terra. Where to start with you? Terra is the brute of the group. He's narrow minded, gullible, plain dumb at times, and is basically the reason for all the trouble in the series. You see, Terra is the Vessel of the main baddy, Xehanort. he was literally a tool. How someone falls into this obviously evil dudes plan, I don't know, but you must be very stupid to fall into it.

Xehanorts

Forms_of_Xehanort.png

I'm lumping these guys all as one. Basically there all the same guy in different forms. Master Xehanort is the old guy, Terranort is Xehanort+Terra, Xemnas is Terranorts Nobody, Ansem the Seeker of Darkness is Terranorts Heartless, and Young Xehanort is Master Xehanorts Younger self. It's ridiculous. Really this just made the plot more complicated, but I'll get to that later. Seperate, some of these villains are actually cool and interesting, but together it just shows you how ridiculous the plot has gotten.</span></font></p>
Braig/Xigbar

The right hand man of the Xehanorts. He basically did their bidding, in exchange for teh ability to use the Keyblade. He's been in the series since BBS(timeline wise). He's met all the heroes, and taunts them. It seems they just added on some things to Xigbar in a attempt to make him more interesting....and he turned out meh because of that.Oh he wanted to do this for power....cool... is my thought on him.</span>

Organization 13

OrgXIII.png

Xemnas' group of 13, that he used in a attempt to gain Kingdom Hearts. As the name suggests they are a group of 13 nobodies longing to be whole. Most of the characters are....meh to be honest. And when you add on their &quot;true purpose&quot; to this, they just become even stupider.

Last is the plot itself. Remember when I said the plot was a mess. Yeah, if the character problems I listed weren't reason enough, there's more. I'll give a few:</p>
The Organization

So these guys true existence was so Xehanort could divide his heart into 13 darknesses and then clash with the 7 lights to create the X-blade after realizing he failed with Ven....Yeah if that's not stupid, wait.there's more. As a Backup for just in case, Ansem the Seeker of darkness went through time and gave his younger self the ability to time travel. He also instructed him to gather 13 versions of himself that were throughout time, so they can form the "True Organization." So not only was the original Organization basically useless, but a waste of time for Sora and Co!

Them having hearts was also just straight up bull. We've been told that they DON'T hence why they do what they do. To suddenly be told they have hearts is a giant slap in the face.

Time Travel

Kingdom Hearts was already convoluted as all hell, so adding i time travel obviously wasn't going to make anything simpler. The actual process of going through time makes no sense, and the rules that go along with it don't either! It also just seems to make fighting Ansem and Xemnas really pointless, as Young Xehanort could basically stop you from winning.... And when Xigbar actually tries to explain it to sora.....it really shows you how compicated they've turned the series.

Death

Death in the series really looses all it's meaning when you know their going to come back. Xion and Master Erauqs aren't actually dead, even though they were shown dying in heart throbbing ways! Why not have them stay dead to enhance the saddness, instead of ruin it and have them not actually die, but sleep inside others?

There's also the Nobodies. Instead of fading into non-existence, they become their whole selves again,which is not what we've been told for most of the series.(along with the whole they have hearts thing) it's bullcrap.You know another way death could be fixed? Go more into depth about the Genocide of the 100's by Xehanort perhaps. Or the Keyblade war. I mean best death seen I've seen in the series is the suicide by Frollo.:/

Coded

Aside from the ending, it was pointless. Really, it was. It relied on copying the first games plot mostly. And as a game it was pretty crappy.

Some other issues the series has had would be them jumping back and forth in the timeline. Geez, we don't need to know what goes on every second. We sure as hell don't need a BBSV2.
Actually making the disney/Square characters besides Yen Sid and Mickey and Moogles relevant again. That includes Donald and Goofy. I mean 3D had so much missed potential with this. They just seemed to be there, to be there. TWEWY characters could have been so cool to have join you on your adventure, interacting with Disney characters. Tying Disney worlds to the main plot perhaps,aside from using the Princess of Heart bullcrap would be nice again. KH2 did that pretty well.

And that is what I think of the series. It's very fun and enjoyable, and it has its moments in the plot, but it's not perfect. Most of the issues are from the plot or writing in general,so if you're interested in the series just be aware of that. Yeah some technical difficulties are present but I don't think they bring the game down that badly. at least not anymore.

Edited by Roxas
  • Thumbs Up 3

The Negatives

The series has its ups and it has its downs. and when it goes down it goes DOWN. Okay we are going to start.The Original Characters

Okay, So we've discussed how the interaction for many of the characters were great. Now lets actually Talk about these characters. Most of the main characters really can fit into any anime cliche. You got the happy girl Kairi, the Happy,Shonen hero Sora and the edgy, moody, more mature anti-hero Riku. Going more into each of these characters, lets start with everyones favorite main character! Sora...

Sora:

Sora_%28Scan%29_KH3D.png

Sora, the main character of the series. Well I will say this. He's a very happy guy. In fact, I think that's probably his biggest problem. He's TOO happy. During and after KH2 square made him the center of EVERYTHING in the series. That charm that he originally had was now gone. He was just a boy on a island, that got caught up in saving the world. Ever since then he's been seen as a Jesus like savior of the series. Because of that, Square seems to think he can't show anything else. Look, it's great that he's a kind hearted guy. But I'd personally love to see more of his Chain of Memories and KH2 self. You know, where he actually displayed, confusion, anger, things that showed that he was a guy that still was struggling with his duty as a Keyblade Wielder.

Riku

Riku_%28Scan%29_KH3D.png

Riku actually is a pretty cool character. They really developed him pretty well throughout the series. The only problem I can find with Riku, is he doesn't exactly know where he stands yet(although 3D seems to have put that to rest?) Yeah....

Kairi_%28Art%29_KHII.png

Okay is it just me or does Kairi kinda look like Lightning in this pic?tongue.png

Back on topic, we have Kairi. &nbsp;This is probably Just me, but I found that Kairi was much too Clingy in KH2. She seemed fine in KH1, but aside from that I have nothing really to say about the way Kairi has been dealt with....maybe make her less abnoxious?

And then we have the other main characters.

Roxas

Sora's nobody. If there is one way to describe Roxas, it's moody. He's most of the time, in some way, sad. So much, that people assume he's emo! He's a much more interesting Sora than Sora actually is to me. His mythos and life is more engaging. KH2 really showed him at his best. However, 358/2 days and even 3D characterized moreso moody and sad than anything else. There's that, and halfway through he got sidetracked and replaced with Xion. Who whaddya know is next!

Xion

Xion is the memories of Sora that were taken away from him during Chain of Memories by Namine and created into a Physical form. She was meant to be a replica of Sora and used should Roxas prove a failure. However, because of Sora's strong connection to Kairi, Xion took the physical form of Kairi instead. Yeah....its really ridiculous. She's kinda useless as a character. I mean, yeah it explains part of the reason why Roxas went rouge on the Organization, but aside from that, what else is there that hints at her? Aqua was hinted at more than her! She just seems like she's there so square could create another threesome of friends.(Roxas,Axel and Xion) Her ending was sad yes, but looses some feeling because she's not actually dead!

Ventus

The look-alike to Roxas. ventus is one of the three main characters playable in Birth By Sleep. He's....very whiny. I seriously am not joking. Kid Sora and Riku in BBS are more mature. He is very clingy to his friends and gets upset when anyone says anything negative about Terra. He's very annoying. &nbsp;At the end of the game he sacrifices his heart to save his friends, and merges with Sora's, because I dunno YOLO.:/ This basically ends up explaining why Roxas looks like Ven...:/ Ven is now asleep until his heart returns. His body has been placed in Castle Oblivion. The same castle CoM takes place in.</span></span></p>

Aqua

probably the most important of the group, Aqua is the mature one of the group. She keeps the group in check. She is a Keyblade master, and is stuck in the Realm of Darkness. Aside from her english voice being very dry and boring, she's pretty good. Although she is pretty gullible at times, or easily falls into traps.

Terra

Oh Terra....Ohoho Terra. Where to start with you? Terra is the brute of the group. He's narrow minded, gullible, plain dumb at times, and is basically the reason for all the trouble in the series. You see, Terra is the Vessel of the main baddy, Xehanort. he was literally a tool. How someone falls into this obviously evil dudes plan, I don't know, but you must be very stupid to fall into it.

Xehanorts

Forms_of_Xehanort.png

I'm lumping these guys all as one. Basically there all the same guy in different forms. Master Xehanort is the old guy, Terranort is Xehanort+Terra, Xemnas is Terranorts Nobody, Ansem the Seeker of Darkness is Terranorts Heartless, and Young Xehanort is Master Xehanorts Younger self. It's ridiculous. Really this just made the plot more complicated, but I'll get to that later. Seperate, some of these villains are actually cool and interesting, but together it just shows you how ridiculous the plot has gotten.</span></font></p>

Braig/Xigbar

The right hand man of the Xehanorts. He basically did their bidding, in exchange for teh ability to use the Keyblade. He's been in the series since BBS(timeline wise). He's met all the heroes, and taunts them. It seems they just added on some things to Xigbar in a attempt to make him more interesting....and he turned out meh because of that.Oh he wanted to do this for power....cool... is my thought on him.</span>

Organization 13

OrgXIII.png

Xemnas' group of 13, that he used in a attempt to gain Kingdom Hearts. As the name suggests they are a group of 13 nobodies longing to be whole. Most of the characters are....meh to be honest. And when you add on their &quot;true purpose&quot; to this, they just become even stupider.

Last is the plot itself. Remember when I said the plot was a mess. Yeah, if the character problems I listed weren't reason enough, there's more. I'll give a few:</p>

The Organization

So these guys true existence was so Xehanort could divide his heart into 13 darknesses and then clash with the 7 lights to create the X-blade after realizing he failed with Ven....Yeah if that's not stupid, wait.there's more. As a Backup for just in case, Ansem the Seeker of darkness went through time and gave his younger self the ability to time travel. He also instructed him to gather 13 versions of himself that were throughout time, so they can form the "True Organization." So not only was the original Organization basically useless, but a waste of time for Sora and Co!

Them having hearts was also just straight up bull. We've been told that they DON'T hence why they do what they do. To suddenly be told they have hearts is a giant slap in the face.

Time Travel

Kingdom Hearts was already convoluted as all hell, so adding i time travel obviously wasn't going to make anything simpler. The actual process of going through time makes no sense, and the rules that go along with it don't either! It also just seems to make fighting Ansem and Xemnas really pointless, as Young Xehanort could basically stop you from winning.... And when Xigbar actually tries to explain it to sora.....it really shows you how compicated they've turned the series.

Death

Death in the series really looses all it's meaning when you know their going to come back. Xion and Master Erauqs aren't actually dead, even though they were shown dying in heart throbbing ways! Why not have them stay dead to enhance the saddness, instead of ruin it and have them not actually die, but sleep inside others?

There's also the Nobodies. Instead of fading into non-existence, they become their whole selves again,which is not what we've been told for most of the series.(along with the whole they have hearts thing) it's bullcrap.You know another way death could be fixed? Go more into depth about the Genocide of the 100's by Xehanort perhaps. Or the Keyblade war. I mean best death seen I've seen in the series is the suicide by Frollo.:/

Coded

Aside from the ending, it was pointless. Really, it was. It relied on copying the first games plot mostly. And as a game it was pretty crappy.

Some other issues the series has had would be them jumping back and forth in the timeline. Geez, we don't need to know what goes on every second. We sure as hell don't need a BBSV2.

Actually making the disney/Square characters besides Yen Sid and Mickey and Moogles relevant again. That includes Donald and Goofy. I mean 3D had so much missed potential with this. They just seemed to be there, to be there. TWEWY characters could have been so cool to have join you on your adventure, interacting with Disney characters. Tying Disney worlds to the main plot perhaps,aside from using the Princess of Heart bullcrap would be nice again. KH2 did that pretty well.

Great post. However, I politely disagree with what has been said here and am willing to write a massive essay explaining why for the millionth time.

But...not at this exact moment.

It will happen, though.

(But I plan to meaningfully contribute to this in other ways as well.)

Edited by T-Man

Eh, I don't think Ven is that whiny. The reason why he acts more 'immature' is because he lost all his memories and was sheltered by being cooped up in Departure for the four years after his amnesia took hold. Even then, he shows a great deal of maturity in certain situations, such as when he encourages Stitch after his Wayfinder breaks and when he gives up the wooden Keyblade from Terra.

Eh, I don't think Ven is that whiny. The reason why he acts more 'immature' is because he lost all his memories and was sheltered by being cooped up in Departure for the four years after his amnesia took hold. Even then, he shows a great deal of maturity in certain situations, such as when he encourages Stitch after his Wayfinder breaks and when he gives up the wooden Keyblade from Terra.

Yeah, plus he has a good reason for atleast getting mad at aqua for how little trust she actually has in terra's ability to be a keyblade master and is kind of a teacher's pet with eraqus.

Exactly. Ven is simply complex and flawed, which is why I find him more compelling than Sora, whose flaws are often underplayed. But Ventus? He puts so much faith in Terra that he has trouble considering the possibilities that he has done wrong. His lack of understanding of conflict early in the game makes him jump to terrible conclusions when Terra and Aqua argue and seek out new friends until he can learn to understand that friends sometimes to squabble. He's fairly naive, reckless, and yeah, he can be a bit bonehaded at times, but at the same time, he isn't very materialistic at all and really does cherish the bonds with his friends.

Tbh, I think the problem is that Sora just hasn't suffered. Like, he's had bad things happen, but he hasn't endured the kind of pain that Roxas, Xion, Axel, Naminé, Riku, Ven, Aqua, Terra, the Replica... and countless other characters have faced. Even Data Sora goes through worse than what he does, barring perhaps CoM and the latter parts of 3D.

Suffering builds character. If a character can make it past the bad, it makes them stronger as a result. (This is probably why I'm so harsh to him in my own writing, but eh, that ain't what this is really about.)

On the subject of character, though, here is a character analysis I did of KH1 Riku. I feel like many people misinterpret him as a heartless jerk, so I present an alternative view based on observations of his overall character arc.

Ehh, Ventus to me is still annoying as a whole. I guess some of his whining can be justified, but doesn't change that I found it obnoxious.(the Disney town tickets scene...*shudders*) but that's just my personal distaste for him. I still personally find him better than Sora even though.

Ill agree partly with Sora not suffering as being a problem,but I still stand by my statement that he's too happy. Its great that he's the chosen one guys,but he doesn't need to be a male version of a Disney princess.

(3D being a example)

I mean CoM sora actually was one of my favorites because you saw him at times mentally break down,show confusion and take it out on people he cared about. It showed that he wasn't perfect. Ever since we've learned that Sora has become the generic Shonen hero to me. Yeah having him suffer like everyone else would slightly fix the issue,but not entirely.

I can understand why people found Riku a dick in 1,but really you have to think about it from his stance. He was being led on by ansem and malificent. He was being led to believe he was doing this for the greater good. Not to mention he was still trying to learn how to accept darkness into himself without becoming another Terra. Speaking of which,isn't that another reason why he did what he did? Because he was inspired by terra?

Sora's cheeriness is a character trait, but that doesn't mean it has to always be there. KH2 had a HUGE missed opportunity when it brought up the fact that Sora's Keyblade only helps the Organization... and they brushed it off five minutes later. Like, CoM aside, we seldom if ever see Sora hit a breaking point. It makes him come across as fairly flat.

Also, I really think that Kairi needs more development without Sora involved. I want to see more of her interactions with Riku, interactions with the Disney characters... more in general. The fact that KH2 shoved Sora and Kairi shipteasing in my face drove me nuts because it just doesn't feel earned. That, and I think they'd make a boring couple, but this ain't about ships. I just want to see her stand on her own as a character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet Jesus. That's an incredibly great deal with the game. As we know, the main story can be pretty convoluted, but where Kingdom Hearts shines is in its combat and character interactions. This game has that in spades, and its worlds are the biggest yet.

So since apparently no one posted this yet:

Only 3 more days till Gametrailers tries to explain Kingdom Hearts to the world.

Got the game in the mail, this game is great. These worlds are so HUUUUGE!! So different from Birth by Sleep, Days, and 358/2 Days.

• 2 weeks later...

E3 Trailer

""Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by UKSquareEnix."

Awww, I was gonna watch that...

Looks okay I guess. Being messed around by them putting off a proper sequel to II for so many years plus releasing the series on such a variety of different systems meant I couldn't really keep up anymore. Since it's unlikely I'll buy a PS4, I'll just watch a Let's Play or something so at least i know how it continues/concludes.

Looks okay I guess. Being messed around by them putting off a proper sequel to II for so many years plus releasing the series on such a variety of different systems meant I couldn't really keep up anymore. Since it's unlikely I'll buy a PS4, I'll just watch a Let's Play or something so at least i know how it continues/concludes.
There is the off chance like Versus, it could also be on PS3. Either way, everyone knows I'm getting it!lol please don't come out while I'm on my mission!:0

I'm unlikely to get a PS3 either. If there isn't some radical new changes from DDD, then I might as well play that and just watch someone play this for the story. I just want some closure at this point given how much they've waggled it in front of our faces with all these mid-quels..