Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Different points of views; it means you can't be certain of the fact that someday it will be localized, as much as i can't be certain of the fact that it will never be localized.

Point is, for a game like Lightning Returns, localization was confirmed on the same day of revelation. And it's "just" a title equal to an HD port such as this.

Edited by Teoskaven

Last week Square Enix announced Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX at the Tokyo Game Show, but now it seems the game may not leave Japan. Gematsu reports that a Square Enix rep told them that “The recent KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- announcement was only for the Japanese market.” Whether this means European and North American releases are still being considered or if they have been dismissed remains to be seen.
The title itself is pretty misleading. They could just be referring to the Announcement itself, not the game. And again, from a marketing perspective, it seems like a awful move even for square enix. The final mix games were one thing, but this is a HD collection that completely re-does the 358/2 days cut-scenes, and will most likely add things that will tie to 3. Plus KH3D basically announced the HD collection before the announcement. Why would the english edition of the game announce a Japanese exclusive game?

Maybe because they're leaded by Namco Bandai people.

Sorry, but it was too easy.

More seriously: i dont' want to sound as a crow of unluck, i myself want this game as i said before. I just don't want to jump right now on the conclusion that it will be localized for sure. And trust me, Square has made proof to be dumb recently.

Edited by Teoskaven

Again, the KH3d thing basically revealed that a HD collection will be released not just to Japan. So unless that was a mistake then It as of now to me has a 80% chance of getting localized.

I'm... pretty sure it's coming here. Nomura wants to release a KH game every year. He wants KH fans to be able to enjoy the series in a compilation.

PS3 isn't backwards compatible anymore. HD collections are all the rage.

So. Yeah. I'm still sticking to my belief that it's coming here simply because it seems incredibly unlikely that it won't.

But we'll see. /shrug

Nomura confirms KH2 HD and says that the character models in 1.5 Remix are from KH 3D:

http://www.kh2.co.uk...su-magazine.php

As for the localization thing, think about it guys, this what goes through the minds of Square executives 24/7 :

Considering Kingdom Hearts has better sucess in America it doesn't make sense from a financial perspective. Also, ever since Final Fantasy VII every Square game has been localized. Why wouldn't this be?

Edited by pppp

Also, ever since Final Fantasy VII every Square game has been localized. Why wouldn't this be?

Final Fantasy Type-0 says hi.

Nomura does seem to favor Japan based on KHs track record of Final Mixes so my hope is low on it hitting the US anytime soon.

Nomura does seem to favor Japan based on KHs track record of Final Mixes so my hope is low on it hitting the US anytime soon.

Nomura favors Japan? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have control over which game gets localized, it depends if Square is willing to spend money to localize it. Why wouldn't he want this localized?

Nomura favors Japan? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have control over which game gets localized, it depends if Square is willing to spend money to localize it. Why wouldn't he want this localized?

I never said that he wouldnt want it to be localized it just looks like the main area of interest is Japan based on the Final Mixes and such.

Their using the KH3D models huh? That's good. Although Riku's model looks NOTHING like the 3d riku model.(not the main model used in-game. during a few scenes they show KH1 riku.)

BTW, that reminds me, why the heck did KH3D use EVERY model of riku known to man?!tongue.png

Also it's sad to know that they WERE going to do a full remake of 358/2 days but couldn't because of time. Does this mean Re:Coded might get a whole remake?

Edited by Riku

Does this mean Re:Coded might get a whole remake?

That just seems redundant since Re:Coded is already a remake. Its plot is pretty much irrelevant outside of one or two cutscenes anyways.

Edited by Pinkamina

The Final Mix titles are usually started by Square, not him. So, they pretty much control if it comes over here. Nomura actually said in an interview that he wants to bring them overseas somehow.

The Final Mix titles are usually started by Square, not him. So, they pretty much control if it comes over here. Nomura actually said in an interview that he wants to bring them overseas somehow.

Well in that case it would of been perfect to have KH1 FM, Re:COM and KH2 FM HD on one disk for the US but as we know by seeing this it looks doubtful that it would be the case.

Edited by Random Rhyme 3rd Verse

Got some pics of KH PC and KH1.5.

KHPC.jpg

KH%20FM%2001.jpg

KH%20FM%2002.jpg

KH%20FM%2003.jpg

KH%20FM%2004.jpg

KH%20FM%2005.jpg

Days%2002.jpg

I can definitely see the HD after looking at the last two pics. Also the Guard armor looks so weird in those colors!

Edited by Riku

Well in that case it would of been perfect to have KH1 FM, Re:COM and KH2 FM HD on one disk for the US but as we know by seeing this it looks doubtful that it would be the case.

• 2 weeks later...

New Nomura interview:

http://www.kh2.co.uk/kh-hd-remix/news/new-nomura-interview-from-famitsu.php

- Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- development was planned even before Final Fantasy X HD was announced on September 13, 2011, prior to Tokyo Game Show 2011. This means that Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- development has been planned for over a year. Square Enix’s Osaka team was consulted over whether they could do something to make best use of the PS3′s performance.

- Actual development was kickstarted because the Kingdom Hearts series had been spread over several consoles, and secondly, by the series’ 10th anniversary, it had become difficult for new gamers to join in.

- HD remastering was very difficult, but two great programmers from Square Enix’s Osaka team spent close to a year on this, allowing it to come to fruition. Square Enix’s Osaka team are the team responsible for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance].

- The Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- trailer from Tokyo Game Show 2012 was released thanks to the Osaka team. The programmers that handled the HD remastering were merged in from a team that hadn’t been involved in the Kingdom Hearts series up until now.

- There are Kingdom Hearts staff in the Square Enix’s Tokyo team too, but there have been drastic changes. You could say that the basically unchanging lineup of the Osaka team forms the true present staff for the series. The series is able to continue because of them.

- The remade HD cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days total in at about two to three hours of footage, according to Nomura.

- Nomura thought about perhaps remaking 358/2 Days as a game, but it would have taken over a years so he decided to give priority to the new title and instead have 358/2 Days, necessary for inclusion, as a video volume.

- You don’t have to play through the games in order to unlock 358/2 Days‘ video volume. You can select to watch 358/2 Days straight after starting the game.

- Some of Sora and the other’s models have been replaced with the latest ones.

- The camera function for Kingdom Hearts has been modified to be more similar to Kingdom Hearts II‘s system.

- Kingdom Hearts for PC Browsers will be a typical browser game. Controls will be simple and using cards, with the content not strongly action-oriented. Co-operating with several people is also a feature, however, the game is fundamentally for one person.

- Development is not done by Square Enix’s Osaka team, it is done somewhere else.

- It will be a spin-off title, completely removed from the story of the main series. Due to the nature of a browser game, they couldn’t put in any grand set up for the story.

- There are new characters, but Nomura won’t say whether or not they will be involved in the main series.

Great details. Say what you want about Square being money grubbing whores, but the Osaka team is clearly putting a lot of effort into this.

Again, the KH3d thing basically revealed that a HD collection will be released not just to Japan. So unless that was a mistake then It as of now to me has a 80% chance of getting localized.

If you're talking about the secret message, that could easily be about KHIII, seeing how that's what the message during the credits pretty much said. I don't think they will hint at a HD collection of previously released games via secret message on the most recent game

If you're talking about the secret message, that could easily be about KHIII, seeing how that's what the message during the credits pretty much said. I don't think they will hint at a HD collection of previously released games via secret message on the most recent game

"The past will be Reawakened as a new Number in never before seen detail."

Pretty sure that could be talking about KH1,Re:COM and 358/2 days being HD-iffied and re-introduced as the new number KH 1.5 HD remix.

Sorry to bump this randomly all of a sudden, but...

Well, I just got into the game and I'm liking it so far, but how do I get the characters out of worlds they've been in already? I have Sora still stuck in Traverse Town!

EDIT: Whhoooo boy. I'm dumb.

Nevermind...

Edited by Xenos

Oh god, the hate will be inevitable."WHY U MAKE IT 2 PLAY LIKE KH2?!BAAAA!" Honestly, as long as the difficulty is the same as the original and the reaction commands are nowhere to be seen, I'm fine with this.

Oh and no secret ending this time.:(

Edited by Riku

Oh god, the hate will be inevitable."WHY U MAKE IT 2 PLAY LIKE KH2?!BAAAA!" Honestly, as long as the difficulty is the same as the original and the reaction commands are nowhere to be seen, I'm fine with this.

Oh and no secret ending this time.sad.png

Wouldn't most people be calling that a good thing though? Lul

I don't think they'd change the controls to make it play similar to KH2 unless it was an improvement, but eh.