Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

But these look different from the usual Shadows though..or maybe it's just the lack of glowy eyes and the more crazed look...In fact, this reminds me more of Adachi, where the Shadow pretty much fused with him.

And I forgot Teddie was a Shadow too, and he developed enough of an ego to use a Persona. So nevermind that one.

That's how Shadow Labrys looked in the first game too btw.

Then finish it D:<

Welp, character profiles for Junpei and Yukari have shown up;

New character 1: Junpei Iori
Persona: Trismegistus

Junpei now works as a coach for a schoolboy baseball team. His battle style is also closely connected to baseball.

A cheerful young man, Junpei is dressed in baseball clothes, so it is not surprising that he also has a special baseball gauge (that you can see on the screenshots). This gauge has a scoreboard that keeps track of the score accumulated by hitting the enemy with specific special moves. When the score is high enough, the character’s performance improves.

Swing that bat, whoosh, whoosh! As in the original game, Trismegistus has some fire attacks.

Though I didn’t examine this character in great detail, there is a super-move that gives you a whole bunch of points. After getting about 10 points, Junpei also started shining? He feels like a powerful close-ranged fighter with the emphasis on powerful single attacks. You can also use that back to strike back various projectiles shot at you!

A button normals: bare-handed attacks. The reach is pretty short? Ah, you can also do a dive kick similar to Narukami’s in the air!
B button normals: attacks with the bat. Have the best reach in Junpei’s arsenal.
C button normals: Trismegistus attacks by shooting fire.
D button normals: Trismegistus rushes forward.

Special move 1: Junpei swings at the enemy with a bat. This is the special at the end of the AAAA combo.
Special move 2: Junpei slides forward! Hits low and low-profiles many moves. It also feels like you can follow it up after a dash… (doesn’t remember clearly)
Special move 3: Junpei assumes the bunting pose. It has a hitbox, since I was able to reflect the enemy projectile with this.
Special move 4: Junpei strikes a pose, as Trismegistus falls down on the enemy. The distance depends on the button pressed.
SP Skill 1: A fiery swing full of excitement! You can also hold down the button.
R-Action: Charge the power and swing with the bat! You can hold it for quite a while, too.

ew character 2: Yukari Takeba

Persona: Isis

After graduation, Yukari’s been working as an actress in various super-sentai shows. This time, she’s wearing a Featherman suit. She even wears the mask, though she takes it off before the fight begins.

A strong-minded young woman that hails from Persona 3. Since she fights with a bow, she makes for a good zoning character. She combines various long-ranged attacks with applying various status ailments (such as charm and confusion). If the arrow passes through the special Garu swirl, it becomes enchanted and tracks down the opponent!

Most of Yukari’s attacks are long-ranged projectiles. I had fun shooting the opponent down!

A button normals: Yukari kicks at the enemy’s feet.
B button normals: On the ground, Yukari shoots an arrow upwards. You can hold down the button, too! In midair, you can change the angle of the shot by tilting the stick.
C button normals: Isis creates a Garu swirl that attacks the enemy.

Special move 1: Yukari shoots an arrow straight forward. You can charge this move, too.
Special move 2: Isis creates a ball of wind and throws it in a parabolic trajectory.
Special move 3: Yukari covers the arrow with some kind of poison? The exact properties of this move are unknown.
SP Skill 1: An arrow that tracks the opponent’s position. It’s shot really, really fast!
Awakening SP Skill: A huge tornado appears on the screen. The exact position depends on the button pressed.
R-Action: A dashing attack that gets Yukari behind the opponent. 

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

I'm both a Persona 4 Arena and P3/4 fan, but this... I'm just not hyped about it. It looks basically like a P4A 2.0.

Not to mention the TV world being present and the fact that Shadow Labrys is still there. So wathever story we have will either blow or should simply be given to P5.

So lets look at Arcs track record, for instance:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend.

This game is MOST LIKELY just going to be an upgraded version of P4A with 2 extra characters.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi
  • Thumbs Up 1

How do you know they don't enter the TV World from Iwatodai? Just a thought.

Besides, Shadow Labrys being there is probably just for the sake of her being playable, doesn't mean she's going to be in the story mode.

How do you know they don't enter the TV World from Iwatodai? Just a thought.

Besides, Shadow Labrys being there is probably just for the sake of her being playable, doesn't mean she's going to be in the story mode.

You can't enter the TV world from anywhere but Inaba.

Besides, the backgrounds are from Inaba's TV World.

Shadow Mode? What the hell is going on with that? Although I did notice in one of the screenshots Aigis looks a little fucking insane when her Awakened closeup showed. Although if they were Shadows in that mode, how are they using their Personas?

In the first Arena, all the Shadows excluding Labrys’ one are Nyarly  Malevolent Entity in disguise. It can copy their Personas.

Also, in Persona 2, the real Shadows can use Reverse Personas, but that probably had something to do with Nyarly.

"The updated version of Persona 4 Arena is not currently planned for a release in the US, an Atlus representative tells IGN, and is an "arcade-only update.""

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/16/persona-3-characters-coming-to-upgraded-persona-4-arena

Of course it is Arcade-only for now. They would never announce a console port before the whole thing is available on the arcades.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't see Yukari as an actress. Let alone for Super Sentai.

Christ.

Yea, that just came outta nowhere. What the hell

Junpei looks fun. Maybe I'll play him. I'm still thinking I'll just play double Teddie tho'.

This is all under the pretense that Koromaru will not be a playable character of course.

Apparantly the game is called Persona 4 Arena: Climax.. Which I personally find kind of an odd name.

WELP PREPARE THE COMICS

tumblr_mrvpophOyC1s9abodo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrsr7hXkwM1s9abodo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrnavo08nG1s9abodo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mropvaUPIj1s9abodo1_400.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm really excited for P4A v.20 but like the new BB, it probably won't be coming here to the U.S any time soon. I gotta play PA4 more as well as BBCS:E. Something about SSFIV:AE that's been alluring lately, I gotta get back on that Arcs System Love

I'm really excited for P4A v.20 but like the new BB, it probably won't be coming here to the U.S any time soon. I gotta play PA4 more as well as BBCS:E. Something about SSFIV:AE that's been alluring lately, I gotta get back on that Arcs System Love

Actually we're gonna be getting the next BB next year. We're assuming we're gonna get it around Spring if not earlier.

But anyways a chance of P4A2 coming to the West is a possibility. I mean this isn't the first time Arcs released a revamped version of a game. *looks at CSEX* It might not happen if its arcade only though. We'll see if there will be updates for consoles or not.

Actually we're gonna be getting the next BB next year. We're assuming we're gonna get it around Spring if not earlier.

But anyways a chance of P4A2 coming to the West is a possibility. I mean this isn't the first time Arcs released a revamped version of a game. *looks at CSEX* It might not happen if its arcade only though. We'll see if there will be updates for consoles or not.

He ment P4C

Considering how poplar Persona is in the west, there's no reason why we shouldn't get it.

...except Europe, because no one likes them for some reason.

Considering how poplar Persona is in the west, there's no reason why we shouldn't get it.

...except Europe, because no one likes them for some reason.

I think Atlus are racist towards Europeans or something.

At first I was joking but after the P4U nonsense I genuinely believe they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Atlus doesn't hate Europe. Zen United just takes forever to localize shit.

It's the same thing with BlazBlue.

Edited by Chooch

Atlus doesn't hate Europe. Zen United just takes forever to localize shit.

It's the same thing with BlazBlue.

I followed the updates for P4U pretty religiously, I know Zen were bad with BB sometimes but this time the fault was with Atlus, they just wouldn't send Zen the source code for the game so Zen could do pm nothing until Atlus did that.

Atlus is awful with pretty much every game in Europe, P4U is literally the only Atlus game Zen have ever published, and it's absolutely not the only Atlus game with a ridiculous Euro release date. You can say it's not Atlus' fault b/c they don't have an EU office, but when we know the EU publisher for months or even years and there's still little to no movement regardless of how much said publisher churns out games from other devs, I'm pretty sure the fault lies with Atlus.

They bad.

Edited by SuperLink