Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

Usually when a game has a ridiculously large gap between US and EU release, I would import it, if it's not region locked. It's only a couple of weeks...*grumble*...I'm already regretting it. But I pre-ordered it, ...must...hang in...there...

You annoying bast - I mean, lucky Americans. lol

I am curious about Labrys, but I refuse to view spoilers! Grh...the pain...

EU Release: 3 Weeks & 2 Days To Go!

I am curious about Labrys, but I refuse to view spoilers! Grh...the pain...

Labrys is a really cool character. ;)

Is it just me... or does some of Chie's attacks do RIDICULOUS damage? Like her QCF>D did about 25% damage without the power up special when I was playing with a few friends last night. Also, her God Hand special did ridiculous damage as well without the power up and with it did over 50%

even so, for a fighting game, it's a bit much no? Not to mention that even though she's a heavy hitter, she is also pretty fast.

She's also got shit health, if you get her in a combo she'll go down fast. Besides, Elizabeth hits harder.

Also, Labrys has a surprising case of Brooklyn Rage, seriously she sounds like she's from New York, even more funny is that she has the same voice actor as Makoto and Amy.

Ha ha, I got Australian vibes from her accent. It all makes sense in the story though, so it's coo'. It isn't some weird thing they overlooked. :P

It's a fine voice, it's just funny imagining Makoto & Amy with a Brooklyn Accent.

Also, I am now in love with Chie, something about her just feels right.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

"STEAAAAAAAAAK!!!"

Oh god I busted out laughing at that entire scene, and Chie's gag ending was really entertaining too.

Beat Aigis' story. Not quite as good as Yu's, but I certainly enjoyed it and I really like the contrasts they draw between her and Labrys, and the interactions between the two. As always, the interactions with the other characters is fantastic and there are some really great moments in the story.

Recently got started on Labrys' story. I haven't gotten to the first fight yet, but I saw a bit of the opening. I have to say, I'm absolutely in love with Labrys' character. Much, much better than I expected. She's awesome. happy.png

She's also got shit health

No she doesn't. She has 9,500 HP which is average. Compare the health values:

Kanji - 10,500

Akihiko - 10,000

Chie, Labrys, Mitsuru, Teddie, Narukami - 9,500

Aigis - 9,000

Yukiko - 8,500

Yosuke - 8,300

Naoto, Shadow Labrys - 8,000

Elizabeth - 7,500

Chie is one of the best in the game and for good reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

No she doesn't. She has 9,500 HP which is average. Compare the health values:

Kanji - 10,500

Akihiko - 10,000

Chie, Labrys, Mitsuru, Teddie, Narukami - 9,500

Aigis - 9,000

Yukiko - 8,500

Yosuke - 8,300

Naoto, Shadow Labrys - 8,000

Elizabeth - 7,500

Chie is one of the best in the game and for good reason.

can you link me to where u got those numbers? Pwease XD

Alright, completely done with Yu, Chie, and Labrys' stories now, with Aigis still at her cliffhanger.

I think it's safe to say that Labrys is just as great a character as one would expect from a Persona game and really fits in well with the cast. I'd go as far as to say she's one of my favorite characters now; her story was really touching.

Okay, so uh, ending spoilers (copied from a post I made on GameFAQs):

Now, while I'm a huge fan of Persona 3 and 4, they're the only MegaTen games I've really managed to get into, so some of the references may just have gone way over my head. With that in mind:

Just who is that guy who hacks Labrys and speaks through her at the end? I've seen some people saying it's supposedly *insert ridiculously hard to remember name here* from... Eternal Punishment, I believe? I dunno, the way he specifically mentioned he couldn't use a Persona and drove Mitsuru to remark that "It's someone related to them" drove me to think it may have been our friend here:

50-Persona3-15-142.jpg

I mean, yeah, we saw him fall, but any genre savvy player knows that despite it being possible, a Disney-style "Death-by-fall" isn't exactly confirmation of anything.

Maybe Tales of the Abyss has just conditioned me to be wary of that sort of stuff. tongue.png

Haku I apologize for that Myriad Truths, we cool?

Yeah, we're still cool!

Not your fault since I ran into that one, and it was a pretty awesome move regardless. At least I got you that second time you tried it XD

So I took a look at the last challenges for a few characters... Lol Atlus/Arc... Figure it out! You guys cray

So I took a look at the last challenges for a few characters... Lol Atlus/Arc... Figure it out! You guys cray

I went through Akihiko's challenge route yesterday, got to 20, then I got curious and saw his final challenge:

"Perform a 150+ hit combo!"

Me:

71c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, we're still cool!

Not your fault since I ran into that one, and it was a pretty awesome move regardless. At least I got you that second time you tried it XD

Yeah, the moves have a lot of invincibility frames here, especially compared to BB.

Beat Aigis' story completely. This story is really interesting...

So the Malevolent Identity is using a "foolish human" as his pawn; presumably the guy who orchestrated the hijacking of the plane and threw Labrys into the TV world. I've still got my bets on Ikutsuki, but there's really no way of knowing yet. Additionally, lots of people are speculating that the Malevolent Identity himself is actually Nyarlathotep, a villain from Persona 2. Both of them would definitely fit the M.O.'s of the respective villains from this game, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing whether or not I'm right on this.

All the while, Elizabeth is still on her own quest to save Minato (though I haven't beaten her story yet so I don't know exactly how she's doing, myself), so the possibility of him coming back is still here.

I'm so pumped for the next Persona game, be it a spin-off or numbered title. I get the feeling Atlus has got something huge in store for us. happy.png

Finally got through Labrys' story last night...

697322_o.gif

Shit made me tear up.

Labrys is a freakin' awesome character.

So mai waifu is getting a new action figure based on P4U's design & it's available for preorder now. If you're interested, place your order soon before it sells out.

FIG-MOE-6771.jpg

delish

Anyways, I got my copy of the game last night, but haven't been able to play it much. This seems a lot more newbie-friendly than any other 2D fighting game I've touched, which is definitely a plus for a fighting game tard like myself.

Also, I quite like what I've heard from Chie's new American VA! Teddie... will take a bit of getting used to but he's a'ight, I guess.

Edited by LoliConCarne

Got together and played this with my friends, and went about as well as you'd expect as in I raped most of them.

Got together and played this with my friends, and went about as well as you'd expect as in I raped most of them.

......I wanna play but I have to beat Persona 4... to understand the story... and get to know the characters... currently I'm exploring Kanji's bathhouse and it is how I might say... interesting.