Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

Didn't atlus also region lock the game?

Yes that's another thing. The only region locked PS3 game ever ever just so happened to be P4U, and the only region who was really affected by this was Europe. It came out almost the same time in US and JP.

Fucking incredible.

Yes that's another thing. The only region locked PS3 game ever ever just so happened to be P4U, and the only region who was really affected by this was Europe. It came out almost the same time in US and JP.

Fucking incredible.

I can understand WHY they did it.... but it seemed so outta left field. I will say this though.... EU got one hell of a bundle when the game did come out. Didn't they get a Vinyl through GAME?

The reason why the game was region locked is so sales of the Japanese version of the game wouldn't suffer. If the game wasn't region locked, Japanese PS3 owners would simply import the game for cheap and only have to wait a few extra weeks in order to play it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The reason why the game was region locked is so sales of the Japanese version of the game wouldn't suffer. If the game wasn't region locked, Japanese PS3 owners would simply import the game for cheap and only have to wait a few extra weeks in order to play it.

I disagree. Out of any game they could have done it to (and many games doubtlessly suffer from that problem which sounds like a minor excuse at best) they only did it to P4U. You'd think other devs would do it too if it was a problem. It's not, only for Atlus apparently, and again, the only ones who were affected were Europe.

I think if anyone really wanted to import the US version for cheap it would have been a complete minority, hardly a reason to make an unprecedented lock on a PS3 game.

The region lock was during a time when the US dollar to JP yen conversion was actually quite substantial, so I don't know why you don't think it's reasonable to believe that the vast majority of JP PS3 owners wouldn't do this. If you can get the same exact game for much cheaper and only have to wait a couple of weeks longer, why wouldn't you consider it?

This is also the official reason why the game was region locked according to Atlus, by the way. It's not just me talking out of my ass.

Edited by Chooch

Yeah the "official" reason for EA's boss "leaving" was that it was the right time when we all know he was fired so stocks would rise.

We all know how corrupt a company Index is, it's not out there at all to think Atlus' real reasons are totally different to their "official" reasons, especially when said official reason makes little contextual sense compared to everything else in the history of region-free consoles. Like I said it's especially bizarre that this is literally the only PS3 game to do this. Especially considering PS3 is so popular in Japan and Japanese gamers are far more likely to import PS3 games than 360 or Wii both of which were locked in some ways.

I would expect this kind of monetising behaviour out of Square-Enix since this is far more likely to affect a popular company like them, but they also didn't do it once even with the Yen issues.

Edited by SuperLink

I don't even care. I'll get this game when it's out, when it gets out, if it gets out.. It's seriously just P4A with extra chars/music/stages/balancing, which I'd personally rather get in patches or DLC. Junpei is nice but I fucking hate Yukari in P3. So that might be a reason too.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi

Yeah it's just Persona 4: Arena with Yukari, Junpei, Shadow versions of nearly every existing playable character and a plethora of other changes. Give me a break. We don't even know if it's just Yukari and Junpei being added.

Before the console version of Persona 4: Arena came out they added Labrys, Shadow Labrys and Elizabeth weeks after the arcade version was officially done. Not to mention there are two very blatant spaces on the character select screen for two more characters to fit.

If Koromaru gets in and they give him a stupid design, I swear...

How can they redesign Koromaru? He's just a dog.

Unless they make him wear something even weirder than that white shirt with wings...

How can they redesign Koromaru? He's just a dog.

Unless they make him wear something even weirder than that white shirt with wings...

They managed to turn Akihiko into something that doesn't even resemble Akihiko and turned Mitsuru into some skinsuit diva.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled some bullshit like Koromaru becoming a fucking Buddhist with a stupid monk outfit and everything.

They can also randomly change his breed into I dunno, Lassie? A great dane?

I doubt they would do that though.

• 1 month later...

New Trailer:  It's now called, Persona 4 the Ultimax: Ultra Suplex Hold. (P4U) Also new character, Sho Mikazuki revealed.,

b84d57101953dde49f98b135c289ddb120130926

Ultra Suplex Hold...Okay this may now be my new favorite name for a fighting game.

Also, holy crap, new character. I can't wait to see what he's about.

So, is this like a sequel? Or just an updated rerelease (i.e. Persona 4 Arena Turbo)?

It's like BlazBlue Continuum Shift.

It's technically a sequel (i.e it continues the story) but it's mostly just built off of existing things.

It's like BlazBlue Continuum Shift.

It's technically a sequel (i.e it continues the story) but it's mostly just built off of existing things.

You could say this about any fighting game tho 

But yea, its a sequel and an update.

At least its not like Darkstalkers: Night Warriors Revenge, Darkstalkers 2 in Japan.

It basically took the original Darkstalkers, gave it an ugly palette, adjusted its mechanics a bit, and added two new characters and made the boss characters playable.

I do wonder how they're gonna have this new character show up and get adjusted to the cast.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

maxresdefault.jpg

(Snipped from Youtube. Sorry for it being a bit grainy.)

Here's some character art.

2d33e70d3c2e6f0ee4f5030c87cd566020130926

c1c054b16b00d1ec71030e050b54c63c20130926

6b05029f20d0dce82a4a22bac87505cc20130926

f4f7f1c447190791e9f88858bd3413c820130926

e3b2ee793e2622cd9879ba56cddde80e20130926

More art. And game screens.

http://www.gamekyo.com/groupnews_article28397.html

JP Website is up. With command list.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/

And here's the Subbed trailer. Just incase you wanted to read along what's being said in it.

Have fun!

Edited by Wonder-Unity