Awoo.

Regular Show

Trixie the Great

Wow, that was a pretty kickass series finale season premiere.

Welcome to The Park, Tom, and enjoy your irregular stay.

tongue.png

Edited by Zinos

• 3 weeks later...

I present to you, the ultimate proof that J.G. Quintel is the best person ever.

tumblr_mch2im9YTr1qg815wo1_500.jpg

Quintel. Dat dude is insane in da membrane.

So I'm watching the episode "It's Time" and description for the episode on my DVR says

"Two humdrum buddies are forced to travel back in time to replace a broken statue with a masterpiece portrait of Benson"

Uhhh.... what episode is that?

I searched it up, and found a longer description:

"After managing to break a statue bearing the semblance of Pops' distant predecessor, the humdrum friends are forced to travel back in time to the Renaissance in order to nab the tools needed to create a masterpiece portrait of Benson."

Edited by a person

So I'm watching the episode "It's Time" and description for the episode on my DVR says

"Two humdrum buddies are forced to travel back in time to replace a broken statue with a masterpiece portrait of Benson"

Uhhh.... what episode is that?

I searched it up, and found a longer description:

"After managing to break a statue bearing the semblance of Pops' distant predecessor, the humdrum friends are forced to travel back in time to the Renaissance in order to nab the tools needed to create a masterpiece portrait of Benson."

That's never happened in any episode...

That's never happened in any episode...

Yeah, I know. Do you think it's like a future episode or something like a scrapped episode? If it's a future episode...my cable company made a pretty stupid mistake.

Anyway, here are some more ugly figures:

JWI10278.jpg

JWI10271.jpg

Really looking forward to the Christmas special. Looks like it may possibly bypass the level of insanity that goes on in a regular episode, and that's alright by my book. laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the Christmas Special, and was glad Thomas had nothing to do with the adventure.

It is a well known cliche that a show jumps the shark when a new character is brought in and starts to take the spotlight away from the main characters.

So far he hasn't luckily but that could change soon. He doesn't seem to serve any purpose beyond being the new guy which is a pretty boring reason for existing.

I lamented about this before, but Thomas definitely needs some more exposure. The season premiere basically welcomed him to the team and the show, and right after that he passed his initiation and found some kinship with Muscle Man. He doesn't need to feature in every episode, but it feels like they were building him up to be more than the background character he is now. There's a balance that can be struck between spotlight stealer and the state he's in right now. After all, Skips, Muscle Man, and High-Five Ghost aren't in every episode, and sometimes when they show up, they're there for a joke or two or because a meeting warrants it. Just give Thomas that same standing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I lamented about this before, but Thomas definitely needs some more exposure. The season premiere basically welcomed him to the team and the show, and right after that he passed his initiation and found some kinship with Muscle Man. He doesn't need to feature in every episode, but it feels like they were building him up to be more than the background character he is now. There's a balance that can be struck between spotlight stealer and the state he's in right now. After all, Skips, Muscle Man, and High-Five Ghost aren't in every episode, and sometimes when they show up, they're there for a joke or two or because a meeting warrants it. Just give Thomas that same standing.

You want the show to officially jump the shark by having the totally bland new guy waste precious screen time?

I don't see the writers making the guy interesting, he's frankly too normal in a show of freaks.

If they wanna bring in a minor character like random example CJ (the cloud chick) in a more prominent role in the town like the extended cast of the Simpsons, that would be cool with me.

But "the new guy" in the parks department has no characterics worth exploring. I hope he finishes his internship soon.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

You want the show to officially jump the shark by having the totally bland new guy waste precious screen time?

Do you think the show is better off having a good cast of seven and one bland guy or a good cast of eight?

I don't see the writers making the guy interesting, he's frankly too normal in a show of freaks.

Thomas is as much a straight man as Mordecai is. There's nothing much all that interesting about Mordecai's personality in comparison to the rest of the cast considering he's pretty much Quintel's self-insert. Mordecai becomes interesting due to the way he plays off of the others and the situations they get in. Without them, he doesn't actually stand out as well as, say, Muscle Man, Benson, or Pops does.

But "the new guy" in the parks department has no characterics worth exploring.

They've not written about him at all beyond an introduction.

Edited by North Pole Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sort of figured that after the initial couple episodes Thomas was thrown in the background as to not mess up the current dynamics of the group.He could become an interesting character if he is given some more writing and screen time. I mean, how do they justify the screen time for High-Five Ghost? He's probably the least interesting character.

I sort of figured that after the initial couple episodes Thomas was thrown in the background as to not mess up the current dynamics of the group.He could become an interesting character if he is given some more writing and screen time. I mean, how do they justify the screen time for High-Five Ghost? He's probably the least interesting character.

Muscleman is like Cream while HFG is like Cheese.

But the thing is, Muscle Man is easily able to stand on his own and carry episodes largely without his buddy, and pretty much has before. In fact, if they got rid of HFG, the show wouldn't really miss too much of a step simply because he's so underutilized. Thomas is hovering in this realm, but it annoys me in his specific case because they spent an entire two episodes- including the actual season opener- setting him up as "part of the gang." Well, if he was going to be background fodder, why even waste the writing?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...