Awoo.

Regular Show

Trixie the Great

And just like that, we have more information! Much like the Adventure Time game, WayForward will be developing (YES!) in collaboration with JG Quintel (Double YES!). Here's the full summary:

Making its first foray into the video game world, Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby In 8-Bit Land brings the characters and humor from the Emmy® Award-winning animated comedy to Nintendo 3DS this fall. Regular Show is the Cartoon Network series starring best friends Mordecai and Rigby and their adventures as groundskeepers of the local park. When Mordecai and Rigby get transported into some of their favorite video games they’ll have to use their best skills and unique abilities to traverse the various challenges to escape and get back home in this ‘eggscellent’ journey. Developed by WayForward, in close collaboration with show creator JG Quintel, Mordecai and Rigby prove that a day in the life of Regular Show is anything but.

Definitely excited to see more on this now. With WayForward's usual skill, I have no doubt that this is gonna be a fun one.

Edit: Logo and artwork:

RS_Logo20Black_zpsb7dd13d2.png

Regular20Show_Mordecai20and20Rigby_zps64

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 2

This sounds awesome.

Appropriate video is below.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Amazon page has updated their picture. Apparently the season set includes an Ultraviolet redemption code.

So, that means we'll also get the collection digitally! Even if it is only Ultraviolet, it's still a cool bonus.

• 2 months later...

Bumping because I have to talk about tonight's episode, Steak Me Amadeus. Other episodes have handled pathos well regardless of whether the relationships in question were platonic or romantic, and that was one of the show's strengths, but this is undoubtedly the closest this show has gotten to destroying my heart.

The premise is that Mordecai makes the commitment to ask Margeret to be his girlfriend at an upscale steakhouse. He and the rest of the cast gets drawn into a sting operation when the coupons he planned to pay for the evening with were determined to be counterfeit by the staff/criminal justice agents, who in turn want to arrest the one responsible.

Turns out that the counterfeiters were the Capicola Gang: the animatronic animals from the Fun Fun Zone. It was good to see them again. The lack of an assured destruction- especially on the bear leader- left a plot thread dangling over the show for awhile, exemplified by the show's high use of recurring villains. True to form, they initiate a firefight.

Throughout the chaos, Mordecai sticks to his promise to Margeret, but she declines. She meant to tell him on the date that she got into the school she'd be trying to apply too for awhile and thus would be leaving for hopefully a good four years. Everything stops, and she runs out on Mordecai in tears. This is literally the last image we see of her and probably will see for awhile, and that's just crushing. When Mordecai finally found his balls, the relationship had been progressing steadily over the course of the last season. She even admitted the past few weeks were the only time she felt that he was finally getting serious. But fate's a bitch.

The ending is poignant. Mordecai is sulking on the roof after having taken her to the airport and is found by Rigby. Rigby asks if he wants to talk about it but he declines. The two then share sodas and just watch the sunset, a chapter pretty much coming to a close. But it raises the question of what lines of development will the writers follow now? Will Rigby and Eileen become a thing? Will Thomas become less cynical and get more development? Who knows? But things are open now, even if the closure's bittersweet.

PS: The firefight is literally stopped to allow Margaret to pass, and when the bear leader laments that school sucks, he's blasted by a rocket launcher. So yeah, I think he's really dead now. xD

tl;dr 10/10, would erase from my brain to experience again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really doubt that is the last we'll see of Margaret. The way she was talked about at the Comic Con panel makes me think she'll be back within a few episodes of season 5. This really seems like another way for them to string out the romance between them.

Edited by The Kid

I really doubt that is the last we'll see of Margaret. The way she was talked about at the Comic Con panel makes me think she'll be back within a few episodes of season 5. This really seems like another way for them to string out the romance between them.

Yeah, I doubt it'll be last we'll see of her too. I mean having Mordecai to go through all the crap of the Friend Zone, getting approval of her father, and etc. would seem like a huge waste. I guess we might get an episode where he possibly along with Rigby and Eileen visit Margaret at the college she is staying and hopefully, trying to work things out, maybe starting a strong long distance relationship. Or maybe the university that she goes to isn't what it seems and they try to rescue her in some kind of special episode event. Hey, it could happen!

Though yeah it'll be quite some time before we see her again. In the meantime, I could see Rigby trying to cheer Mordecai with an episode of him returning to the internet dating scene to make him move on, and probably signaling the return of Cloudy Jane AKA CJ the cloud girl. It could end up of them not really boyfriend and girlfriend, but just friends and she would be the 'bench warmer' until Margaret hopefully returns.

Speaking of relationships and heartbreak, it seems to be an all too coincidental theme that this have in relation with what's been happening in Adventure Time lately.

Alright so I missed tonight's new episode, but I must say Regular Show is one of my favorites. Adventure Time is a bit too bizarre for my tastes, I tried watching it before and thought it was way too weird. Regular Show is bizarre, but not that bizarre. The 80's references make the show much more enjoyable than others, and it's funny in it's own way. Rigby is definitely my favorite character though, but Muscle Man sort of creeps me out a bit. xD I seriously thought he was a girl before he started talking when I first watched the show. :V