Awoo.

Regular Show

Trixie the Great

My thoughts on today's new episode:

* The "balls were huge" line.

That is all.

Ok, really, I really liked this episode, but I like any episodes where Mordecai and Margaret get closer.  Also, love Eileen doing all the "OOOOOOH!" and "HMM, HMM, HMM!" bits with the guys.  And Ballroom Blitz FTW.

We're getting a Thanksgiving special this year:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/01/28/cartoon-network-2013-2014-upfronts-press-release-lists-new-and-returning-network-shows/

Regular Show Special: Regular Show, Cartoon Network’s Emmy® Award-winning animated comedy featuring best friends Mordecai, a six-foot-tall blue jay and Rigby, a hyperactive raccoon, is slated for a 30-minute Thanksgiving special, Regular Show style. Mordecai and Rigby accidentally ruin Thanksgiving and must find a way to save it before their families arrive for dinner. The gang pulls together to help make it the best Thanksgiving ever!

Hector reminded me of Vaas.

Okay, so I wasn't the only one.

As for the latest episodes and stuff, they've all been pretty good lately. TGI Tuesday was well done.

Also, I found this comment on that Sandwich of Death video that I found to be pretty interesting:

And lemme guess, they eat the sandwich and in doing so trigger some sort of random demonic evil, and some large-character-roster fight scene with lots of punching breaks out, followed by one of the titular characters saving the day by a hairs'-length, only to get metaphorically bitten in the ass at the last second.

It's hard to be a fan of the show when it's like pushing Play-Do through a mold.

I'd found all of this to be true already, but looking back on this, nearly every episode is exactly the same way and it can get predictable. I'm still a fan myself, but I must say that I see where this commenter comes from on the idea that this same formula could probably get old after a while if it goes on for too long to the point where it's the same thing over and over again, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by krazystitch

While the most recurring element are the supernatural occurrences, I'd still say many episodes aren't structured like the comment suggests depending upon the actual plot and the occurrence itself. And even then there's times when nothing supernatural happens anyway. Regardless, there's nothing wrong with predictability. You can peg nearly any series into a predictable formula if you try hard enough, especially the more successful ones, and Regular Show continues being outlandish enough of a tribute to bro culture to subvert being stale. The Death Sandwich previews make me laugh, and I'll happily watch the episode tonight.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

RegularShow_S1S2_DVD_zps36980898.jpg

RegularShow_S1S2_BLU_zps3cc09424.jpg

News flash! The first and second seasons are finally coming to DVD AND Blu-ray on July 16th! And just LOOK at this list of special features:

Commentaries for all 40 episodes

The Unaired Regular Show Pilot

Animatic for the Pilot

Animatic for "The Power"

Original Pencil Tests from Saerom

CG Test for Hodgepodge Monster

2010 Comic Con Teaser Trailer

"The Naïve Man from Lolliland" Student Short

Party Tonight Music Video

Interview with JG Quintel

JG Pitches "The Power"

Original Regular Show Commercials

Needless to say, this is DEFINITELY going on my birthday list! biggrin.png Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the 100th episode..

That was the best 100th episode in the history of anything, can't believe how far Regular Show has gone, 100 episodes and it's still a great cartoon.

Edited by Felix

A few snippets in the two retrospectives alluded to something "big" going on in the episode, but I really didn't see any of that coming, not from the mere premise of getting rid of a bunch of full-grown geese. And what makes it inherently funny even before the big stuff kicks off is that Canada geese really would be those kinds of back-alley gang assholes if they were sentient. They're just shitty, aggressive birds. Everything about the episode was perfect. <3

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, Wayforward has something to do with it. A beat-em-up would be rather appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_m17wnyBvPC1qfhsvzo1_500.gif

Finally decided to watch this and...omg I think I'm addicted! I didn't think I would like this very much but holy crap, it's great! Mordecai and Rigby remind me sooo much of some of my old dorm mates at Uni, typical 20-something year old slackers. XD I like the surreal events too, how it starts off so normal (even though most of the characters are effing weird) and then it's just crazy! Makes me wonder if the whole series is just one endless acid trip that Mordecai and Rigby are witnessing themselves.

I may actually consider buying the blu ray, since that's coming out this summer. Man, this show is awwwsooome!

Edited by Gabz Girl

I LOVE this show!
There is not one thing I hate about it!
I know what i'm buying... Dat CD cover! 
I know it's kinda late for me getting it now, but better than nothing! =D
Regular Show forever! happy.png
Not to mention their quote
"It's anything but"
Btw Gabz, I just love that gif! ^^

Edited by BlurProdOG

• 4 weeks later...

...I guess Europe won't get that game, huh? :/

We didn't even get the Adventure Time one, and that show is much more popular.

Edited by Thigolf