Awoo.

Sonic Generations on PC [Officially Confirmed - Page 7]

Iridescent WP

I hope this bobsled, which isn't actually a bobsled, controls better than the crappy Unleashed one.

But either way, why the hell is Sonic in a car?!

I figure it's some sort of mission, just to mix things up a bit

Every

I hope this bobsled, which isn't actually a bobsled, controls better than the crappy Unleashed one.

But everything that was in Unleashed was crappy by default because of that fact that it existed in Unleashed, so of course this will be better~! :V

But either way, why the hell is Sonic in a car?!

Sega's so dead. >3>

Edited by Inferno

This isn't neccessarily related to the PC version being graphically superior, but DAMN look at the difference this went through from beta to final!

omgthechange.png

• Thumbs Up 2

The PC screens looks absolutely incredible! 3 weeks is so close but seems so far from now! It's really quite amazing how much that has advanced since the beta. The lighting is so much more amazing to. I remember comparing an old beta classic screen of the side scrolling loop from Unleashed (hopefully you know the one I mean) with the original and I couldn't help but notice the lighting in Unleashed looked so much better but now, I'm confident that's been changed biggrin.png

So....much.....colors! They feel so bright right.

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 3

Years as a PC gamer had thaught me that most of the time the people making the ports don't bother to change the layouts (is this the right word? My lack of english strikes again!) or simply assume that you are going to be using a 360 controller.

Depends on the game, there are some console ports that use different buttons in the UI for different controllers. 2 examples are Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition, which have different button icons for Keyboard (or keyboard + mouse in the case of ACB), for the Logitech Rumblepad controller and for the XBox 360 controller (those are the only ones I tried, technically I used the Logitech F310, which has a switch to work as a XBox 360 controller or as a Logitech Rumblepad/Dual-Action, and by using the switch, I get different button icons).

£13.56 @ http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/adventure/sonic-generations/

Code for discount: AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC

happy.png

Already posted, but that definitely sounds like a good deal. I already have two copies of the CE on order though, so I'm not sure if I should be spending money on this. I'll have to see what my finances are like, and if I get either of those jobs that I want.

£13.56 @ http://www.greenmang...ic-generations/

Code for discount: AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC

happy.png

Although im getting this for ps3, i wanna get the pc version for if i can get to my ps3 since my room is always taken over by my sister and the TV is never free, but I'm not sure how it'll run, i have about minimun spec tbh, i dont wanna waste money and it does not work then i cant get a refund

So those are PC screens or 360 screens? Asking because I do see the buttons for the 360 version. And DAT LEGO KART!

So those are PC screens or 360 screens? Asking because I do see the buttons for the 360 version. And DAT LEGO KART!

dont forget new PC games tend to be used with a 360 pad and the buttons will deplay as xbox controls

Also, the PC version is £16.99 from Green Man Gaming if you pre-order it. Since it has Steamworks, you will just have to register it in Steam. So yep, definitely going for that.

Wait are you sure? Since it says nowhere in the site that it uses steam.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out...

Edited by Tailer

So that's £75 x2 and only an extra £13.56 for possibly the single most beautiful game I've ever seen?

SEGA and First 4 Figures have made my day. MADE it.

So that's £75 x2 and only an extra £13.56 for possibly the single most beautiful game I've ever seen?

SEGA and First 4 Figures have made my day. MADE it.

I'm not sure I can afford the two I already have on order! :P

Edges don't look that jaggy to me.

Looking at them again, seems like the game seems to look fine without AA. It's pretty noticeable in this screenshot though:

Sonic-Generations-PC-Screenshots-3.jpg

Again, it looks fine to me, but it's something other PC users may find annoying.

Edited by TimmiT

Looking at them again, seems like the game seems to look fine without AA. It's pretty noticeable in this screenshot though:

*Image*

They probably turned it off because not a soul would ever notice or care when actually playing the game.

PC version will probably allow you to turn it on again should it really concern you that much.

This is the FIRST Sonic game to get released on PC at the same time as on consoles, right? Not counting ASR of course, cause that's a spin-off. But I hope this spells plans for the future. I'd love for Sonic to start appearing on the PC just as regularly as on everything else.

Can someone explain to me what is AA? Plz...yeah don't know anything about PC gaming. unsure.png

A picture will explain it best.

11-noaavsaa.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

They probably turned it off because not a soul would ever notice or care when actually playing the game.

PC version will probably allow you to turn it on again should it really concern you that much.

Seems like you don't know PC gamers.

Edited by TimmiT

This is the FIRST Sonic game to get released on PC at the same time as on consoles, right? Not counting ASR of course, cause that's a spin-off. But I hope this spells plans for the future. I'd love for Sonic to start appearing on the PC just as regularly as on everything else.

A picture will explain it best.

11-noaavsaa.png

Maybe I'm missing something, but both of those pictures look exactly the same.

Ah, i see...I get it now. Thanks a lot Blue! smile.png

You're welcome! The difference it makes it huge. See, the console versions of Generations don't run at a very high res. They're just upscaled which itself make a blurry picture and then coupled with the lack of filtering and such it looks messy. Very very pretty, but messy. This is the standard for most game actually. PC versions however, due to the lack of a limit on what the hardware can handle, can run at super high resolutions, don't need a framerate cap and can have all the filtering in the world. The settings are usually all customisable.

Uh... look at the big white shine in the middle, and how rough all the edges are on the left, and how they're all smooth on the right.

Edited by Blue Blood

Look closely at the first teapot. You see there are jagged edges. And it doesn't look that smooth if looked up close. Now look at the second teapot. Very little, if any jagged edges and overall, looks more smooth.

Even I can see that from a glance.

I also wonder if it will use FXAA.