Awoo.

Sonic Generations on PC [Officially Confirmed - Page 7]

Iridescent WP

I never buy PC games, but it looks fake.

Edit: Source is Sonic News Network? Then it's fake.

Edited by MarcelloF

Hahahahahaha! Wikipedia is an unreliable source, but the Sonic News Network is just laughable.

Also, the "Games for Windows" logo at the top is blurry, while the rest of the image is crystal clear. It's fake.

Never said it was real, just posting something I found while checking Sonic News Network.

Never said it was real, just posting something I found while checking Sonic News Network.

And the reason it hasn't been posted is cause it's fake.

That's not true. Game consoles can support true 1080p, but most games themselves run at a lower resolution and upscale.

That's because they're on fixed, outdated hardware; the consoles just don't have the power to run them at true 1080p. Whereas on PC, the hardware is always changing, and now we're like pushing into the 2500s in resolutions. Beyond 1080p, rather.

Besides, I believe only the PS3 can do true 1080p, not the 360. I believe the 360 uses an upscaler chip for its 1080i and 1080p modes. And even then, devs are struggling to do true 1080p on the PS3 anyway; Gran Turismo 5 being one huge example of that.

I found the image aswell but the fact that it has the xbox 360's 'Playable in 3D' emblem makes it alot less believable

I found the image aswell but the fact that it has the xbox 360's 'Playable in 3D' emblem makes it alot less believable

I remember back in 2006, there were preorders available for Sonic the Hedgehog for PC too, but it never got released.

I wouldn't totally rule out a PC port, but I'll be gobsmacked if it releases anywhere near the same time as the other versions. The "admin mistake" you mentioned listed the 3DS version as well which was also removed in the corrected version. If it's coming, it's coming later.

Didn't someone confirm the steam registry number for the PC side of things? Not sure where I saw that though, but that would at least confirm some sort of build on the PC.

You mean this?

Genreations-Steamapp.png

It's still in the registry. It definitely confirms the existence of a PC version, yet at the same time just raises further questions. This is a most perplexing mystery.

Edit: Here is something interesting. I decided to follow to the App the subscription actually uses. Nothing new, but interesting none the less.

Genreations-Steamapp2.png

Edited by Edward850
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yeah that's it. If you don't mind my asking how do you view the Steam Registries like that?

to me it just seems bass ackwards that SEGA wouldn't have announced a PC version of this game when it releases in less than 2 months on consoles. I'm inclined to believe that there will not be a PC version at this time. I hope your pre-order is refundable