Awoo.

Sonic Generations on PC [Officially Confirmed - Page 7]

Iridescent WP

Hmmm, Amazon FR and amazon DE both have Generations PC listed among the rest, with the dates like this

4/11/11 - PS3/360

25/11/11 - 3DS/PC

On the other hand the Amazon i pre ordered from just sticks with Ps3/360/3DS

and for the US dates just minus 3 days off those

Though theres been so much evidence as of now, BUT!!

Perhaps its to do with sales, if it sells well the first few weeks then they'll decied "yeah, lets ship these copies to retailers"

Edited by TaliTundie

This is at least strange.

They will probably wait for HD ver. to sell in like 1.5 Million copies and then relase PC ver. I dont use PC for gaming but if they relase it via STEAM, they can avoid Piracy right? I hope this game will sell well and wont be pirated that much.

I'm sure Steam wouldn't have pre-order bonuses unless there actually is a PC version. I think it's just a matter of when SEGA's going to announce it now.

This is at least strange.

They will probably wait for HD ver. to sell in like 1.5 Million copies and then relase PC ver. I dont use PC for gaming but if they relase it via STEAM, they can avoid Piracy right? I hope this game will sell well and wont be pirated that much.

SEGA usually releases a Steam version worldwide and a disc version in Europe and Australia. Pirating is inevitable, but I still think they'll sell a decent amount of copies through Steam and on disc.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok this is looking good, but I just don't see why they can't say yes or no. I'd be interested as to whether the CE will be available in Europe for PC too, then I can cancel my 360 order

Ok this is looking good, but I just don't see why they can't say yes or no. I'd be interested as to whether the CE will be available in Europe for PC too, then I can cancel my 360 order

If its relased later (And it probably will be) Then I doubt it will have CE.

That's what I'm thinking. Might buy the 360 one then just sell the disk and keep the nice stuff smile.png

Your choice. I personally prefer Consoles for gaming.

I think it's worth noting that both Heroes and Riders were released on PC after their initial console releases but their trailers never once advertised the PC version.

Collecting the evidence we have for the PC version of Generations and SEGA's previous actions with PC versions of Sonic games.....I'm heading towards the 'this is happening' side.

Your choice. I personally prefer Consoles for gaming.

at least when you buy the console version, you dont need to worry about specs since its gonna work the way it was built to

• Thumbs Up 2

at least when you buy the console version, you dont need to worry about specs since its gonna work the way it was built to

This. That, and my computer is slow as hell, given that Minecraft or Lego Universe will lag the hell out of it (although Minecraft has infinite world to generate, and we have a notorious reputation for buying computers incompatible with Lego games.) I agree that it will probably be available in some way for the computer, given that as said before, Riders and Heroes both got PC releases, and SA:DX is available via steam (though that wasn't til much later.)

I've seen a million or so hacks of Sonic Adventure DX, which all are basically the same. It butchers the game. There are a few different ones, but are rather rare, and hard to come across.

You don't have to download hacks and mods if you don't want to; they're free, non-compulsory, and do absolutely no harm to the other, legitimate players of the game whatsoever - and in fact, there also exist a multitude of modded ISOs of the Dreamcast version which allow players to use Super Sonic and various other characters in levels that weren't designed for them, which essentially renders your "PC = h@x0rz" argument totally moot.

Additionally, such game-expanding mods and edits as the one mentioned earlier only really serve to increase a game's replay value beyond what the original developers could ever achieve, and any graphical modifications create a far longer lifespan for a game as a result of them improving and modernising the way that it looks. Believe me when I say that this does the exact opposite of "butcher the game", and the wide and diverse range of hacks available nullify the validity of your statement that they are all "basically the same" - so, in short, you're talking total bullshit in a number of different ways.

I can only imagine Generations getting the same treatment, and I'd prefer it if that didn't happen.

That's quite honestly absolutely pathetic; you've already directly insinuated that you won't be buying the PC version yourself, and even if you did, any hacks or mods that indie developers may potentially release wouldn't affect you in the slightest, as the game is a solely single-player experience and you have precisely zero obligation to download any kind of mod if you don't want to. Now do us all a favour and slither back to your console-fanboy cave, from where we can't hear your slanderous stereotyping and sweeping generalisations any louder than a whisper; you clearly know next to jack shit about PC gaming, and your stupid, uneducated opinions reflect that fact clear as day.

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 4

Its not that confusing to be honest. Not counting Neon's post last page the last post was made on September 30th. then luigi's thread starts from there. without my post (which you can trash btw) and your post carbo the thread resumes from there.

Ok, I spoke with a PR rep from SEGA, and they were typically coy about the whole thing. All they would say is that "no announcement has been made".

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I spoke with a PR rep from SEGA, and they were typically coy about the whole thing. All they would say is that "no announcement has been made".

SONIC GENERATIONS CONFIRMED FOR PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO – 8
th
October, 2011 –
SEGA
®
Europe Ltd. and SEGA
®
of America, Inc. are delighted to confirm that
Sonic Generations
will be released on PC and available via SEGA’s partners for PC digital download in November this year.
Sonic Generations
is the ultimate celebration of 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog and sees SEGA’s iconic mascot racing through a brand new adventure as both the much loved classic 1991 character, and the modern day video game hero he has become today.
Sonic Generations
for PC digital includes Steamworks features such as Steam Cloud, which allows save files to be stored on Steam’s servers so you can resume your game progress from any PC. As with the other console platforms,
Sonic Generations
will be available to play in full stereoscopic 3D and will contain Achievements and online leaderboards.
Sonic Generations™
will be available via PC digital download as well as Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation
®
3 computer entertainment system on 4
th
November 2011.
For more information please visit

http://www.pwgaming.co.uk/?p=4157

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this is worthy of a topic to itself...

http://www.pwgaming.co.uk/?p=4157

SONIC GENERATIONS CONFIRMED FOR PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO – 8th October, 2011 – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA®of America, Inc. are delighted to confirm that Sonic Generations will be released on PC and available via SEGA’s partners for PC digital download in November this year. Sonic Generations is the ultimate celebration of 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog and sees SEGA’s iconic mascot racing through a brand new adventure as both the much loved classic 1991 character, and the modern day video game hero he has become today.

Sonic Generations for PC digital includes Steamworks features such as Steam Cloud, which allows save files to be stored on Steam’s servers so you can resume your game progress from any PC. As with the other console platforms, Sonic Generations will be available to play in full stereoscopic 3D and will contain Achievements and online leaderboards.

Sonic Generations™ will be available via PC digital download as well as Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on 4th November 2011.

For more information please visit www.sonicthehedgehog.com/generations

Can we officially rejoice now?

EDIT, Didn't realise there was a general PC topic. Delete please!

Edited by CobraRoll

Was another topic necessary? We have enough Generations PC topics.

I still think it's stupid to announce a version less then a month away from release :-/