Awoo.

Sonic Generations on PC [Officially Confirmed - Page 7]

Iridescent WP

It's a bit pricier on Steam than that other site. And the bonuses aren't really that good. I mean, I already have Sonic 3, and Sonic 3D Blast (which I've never played) doesn't look that good...

Also, casual? CASUAL? Sonic Generations isn't a casual game... Or a strategy game for that matter

Edited by SimplePlan2k8
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, Sonic Generations, you ... beast! At first I wanted to just get it for the 3DS, but both being a Steam user and recently having bought a brand new laptop, I might be having this version instead. I love having my games on PC. Or perhaps have them on both? Does sound worth it!

will this work on mac?

Hmm ... Good question. Steam itself finally supports Mac now, or am I mistaken? I would recommend you to pay a visit to the Steam forums and see if they have posted something about it there. Since Steam supports, or partially-supports, Mac, it would be a shame to not include Sonic Generations in their library, but the best thing would be to make sure, and what better place to verify than the Steam forums? =)

Oh, Sonic Generations, you ... beast! At first I wanted to just get it for the 3DS, but both being a Steam user and recently having bought a brand new laptop, I might be having this version instead. I love having my games on PC. Or perhaps have them on both? Does sound worth it!

But can your laptop handle the hardware conqueror known as Generations? That's the question....

will this work on mac?

No, sadly.

If it does contain Mac support it would have a Mac icon along side the Windows one on Steam however this just has the Windows icon

But can your laptop handle the hardware conqueror known as Generations? That's the question....

It's a really good laptop (best the store had at the time, actually) and handles the new games I tried for it just fine, so I hope so. Looking at the requirement settings in the it looks like I can sleep at night if I decide to pre-order. ;3 Yush!

No, sadly.

If it does contain Mac support it would have a Mac icon along side the Windows one on Steam however this just has the Windows icon

Aw, shucks ... But we can hope they add the support for Mac a little later, right? Or does it not work that way? =s

Aw, shucks ... But we can hope they add the support for Mac a little later, right? Or does it not work that way? =s

Yes and no. It is possible to make/release a Mac binary later, but it would also require them to remake their entire render into OpenGL (as there is no DirectX on Macs).

I'm a Mac man and I'll be buying this to run on Windows, there is a Mac version of Steam but Generations is Windows only. If you've got a powerful enough Mac and can run Bootcamp or can run a Virtual machine, problem solved. I'm on the Virtual machine myself, need Windows for my degree course so I have it already. I recommend Parallels Desktop for virtual machine. Boot camp is pretty simple to set up though if you'd rather do that route.

Edited by ENVY

Got my computer parts ready. I was on a budget and I wanted to build it for more work-related stuff in Game Design rather than having the best for Gaming. But I wonder if this will run Sonic Generations well.

Asus AM3 M4A87TD/USB Socket AM3 Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz Hexa Core Processor

8GB DDR3 1600MHZ

Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti AMP! Edition 1GB Graphics Card

Looks like it may fall short of the GTX560 (which is recommended for Sonic Generations), but the 550Ti I got is overclocked supposedly. I hope I can run near-max at a consistent frame rate.

Edited by Ammish

Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU 650@ 3.20Hz

RAM: 8 GB

730 GB out of 918 GB available space

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GT 220

I know this doesn't belong here, but it's driving me nuts: IS this good enough to handle the game?

I looked at it and are touched :3:

d92aa8ea870cd4b8efc93566d351ed1a.png

The game weighs 419 MB.

YES GUYS, HERE THIS GAME WE ALL TOGETHER WAITING FOR!

I

The game weighs 419 MB.

I somehow have a feeling that size is just a placeholder and is incorrect :)

The game weighs 419 MB.

In the system requirements it mentions that 11GB free hard drive space is required, or those 419MB are just a placeholder value, or maybe there could be a demo of the game.

Edited by ezodagrom

Whaaa? Steam nor Amazon have any hints of this...maybe Steam will update later today and be released after all? I'm really trying to think of how in the world this could be possible... @.@

(Unless Sega don goofed, wouldn't be the first time...)

Whaaa? Steam nor Amazon have any hints of this...maybe Steam will update later today and be released after all? I'm really trying to think of how in the world this could be possible... @.@

(Unless Sega don goofed, wouldn't be the first time...)