Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

The details they've added really bring the place to life.

RTRcompare4.png

That really looks SOOO much better... Which is REALLY saying something! :D

The details they've added really bring the place to life.

RTRcompare4.png

It looks GORGEOUS!! this dare i say it almost looks better than cpz and ghz.

Yeah but it's also re used assets so of course it wouldn't make sens if they didn't improve them. Just sayin tongue.gif

These late screens really do show a lot of effort, wow. I really hope the many acts will show alot of variation. I really hope the acts wont be similar to sonic unleashed and colors where in most of em took 45 sec. The level list man, why did it have to be that way? The game really deserved perfection imo

Edited by Jaouad

I'm Just surprised no one put that spagonia tree in a random area of Seaside hill or the new spagonia screens.tongue.gif

Also the sky looks a lot brighter. It's more sky blue than ever!

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I'm Just surprised no one put that spagonia tree in a random area of Seaside hill or the new spagonia screens.tongue.gif

Spagonia tree, seaside hill? What? Did I miss something?...

Spagonia tree, seaside hill? What? Did I miss something?...

It's just a reoccurring joke we've got. In the RTR teaser at the end of the CE trailer, there's a random tree on a rooftop. We've since been photoshopping it into other locations. This is the original picture:

rooftoptress.png

It's just a reoccurring joke we've got. In the RTR teaser at the end of the CE trailer, there's a random tree on a rooftop. We've since been photoshopping it into other locations. This is the original picture:

rooftoptress.png

Oh okay... I remember seeing this a little while ago actually now...

23807sgsshact230.jpg

This sooooo looks like Green Hill. I mean, WTF Sega?

This is probably the best looking screen shot we've picked up so far for this game. Nice to see they are going to use a lot from the ruins section of those levels (act 1 and 2 and ocean palace 1 & 2). I really think if they would have changed the music, My attention would have been boosted to a new level while watching the trailer. I just can't get into this trailer or set of levels yet.

When they show of Sky Sanctuary somewhere down the line, I better not here that damn song again. IF so I will rage like no other human has.

When they show of Sky Sanctuary somewhere down the line, I better not here that damn song again. IF so I will rage like no other human has.

One thing I will mention though is that Sonic looks kinda 'lonely' in that vast Seaside Hill stage without Tails and Knuckles by his side. :<

One thing I will mention though is that Sonic looks kinda 'lonely' in that vast Seaside Hill stage without Tails and Knuckles by his side. :<

• Thumbs Up 4

I think a quick subtle animation of Sonic grabbing Tails and Knux by the hand before boosting like in Heroes's opening would've been pretty cool though. And as for Sonic's regular non-boosting running speed, I think the other two would be able to keep up with that.

*brain storms*

Edited by Inferno

Call me harsh, but I still think more should be changed. Honestly, if they would've made it a night time level, I would've been pretty happy just based on that. It still looks too similar to me but that's to be expected. Oh well, Seaside Hill is bringing me back some real memories so I'll just focus on that. And Chemical Plant just looks badass.

Rooftop Run as a carnival, and at night would have been awesome. Considering the whole catch of Unleashed was nighttime and the Werehog, they could have done that to great effect.

They're adding so much more to Rooftop Run than I thought they would, it looks great. The additional details such as the blimps and color added to the stage gives it a whole new feeling that puts it more in line with a traditional Sonic stage, the completely out of the blue inclusion of the Flying Battery is just awesome, is that going to be encorperated as a boss battle or something? Whatever, it just looks great.

I think the board is acting really funny.

Nevertheless, like I said, Seaside Hill looks like a bunch of fairies went to Adabat and just had the best rave in the whole damn universe. And then they topped it off with a rainbow. I approve.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

It's sad how people are fighting over all this instead of celebrating the hedgehog we know and love. Look at what happened to Spyro Dragon and Crash Bandicoot, Sonic is still going strong after all these years. Every stage in this game will be fun because they are re-imagined, classic Acts of modern stages could be based of Genesis levels too. How do you know Seaside Hill classic will not be like Labyrinth? How do you know Crisis City classic will not be like Lava Reef? A lot of love is put into this title, celebrate and enjoy the anniversary of our favorite most famous hedgehog instead of arguing over unimportant matters.

I told you guys! When people were whining about Seaside Hill not being original I called this! I knew they would base the classic stages from Genesis versions!

See that path in the background? Looks like it will be the true testing ground for Generations' physics. S4E1 failed the same test.

23801SG_ssh_act1_12.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Unless some miracle happens, the test is gonna fail sadly

Yup. Scripted ramps mean that it might work to some degree, but nerfed rolling and an inability to roll as soon as you land ruin all hope.

• Thumbs Up 1