Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Yup. Scripted ramps mean that it might work to some degree, but nerfed rolling and an inability to roll as soon as you land ruin all hope.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like how videos make Modern look better, but in pics Classic clearly steals the show. I'm liking the level progression in Spagonia. I wonder if paths are split so that you can stay on the streets to the clock tower and run into a bitter flying battery. And if you decide to take another path you end up underground in the wine cellar. That's something that's never been done in a 2D Sonic as far as I know, and would be amazing.

Man...I will raaagge if there's no 3D water sections in Ocean Palace. I've always wanted it back when I saw the screenshots for Heroes.

P.S I secretly want Classic's Seaside Hill music to be Rush's Back to Back Remix. Shhhh.

I like how pretty much the last 7 days has been nothing but Seaside Hill bashing and now pretty much almost everyone is happy about what they see from it with Generations.

Called it.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 9

Ahh, everything SEGA released today has got me pumped up to the max! First that epic trailer, now these amazing screens? Today was a good day.

I love the little nods they are giving to the Genesis games in classic levels... the Flying Battery-esque blimp, Hydrocity underwater sequences, the Hill Top pulley platform in RTR... I can really tell there is a lot of effort put in this time around.

Not to mention dem graphics. I'm no graphics whore, but damnnn this game is looking good. I went to play Rooftop Run today and it just looked bland by comparison, the Generations version is so vibrant and colorful. I bet nobody would believe a Sonic game could look this good back in 2006!

Is it possible that Rooftop Run Generations actually takes place just after the end of Unleashed, making the festival a celebration of the world being put back together? Might explain why SEGA recorded those cheers at Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 7

Is it possible that Rooftop Run Generations actually takes place just after the end of Unleashed, making the festival a celebration of the world being put back together? Might explain why SEGA recorded those cheers at Sonic Boom.

I really like that idea. Everyone is celebrating Sonic saving the day when out of nowhere TWO Sonics appear in the middle of a new adventure lol. And yeah, I bet that's where the cheers will be used.

Actually I said kind of the same a few pages ago. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Meant to post on this yesterday but I had stuff to do and I was just too tired in the end...

I've got to admit I was a little skeptical at first when I heard that Seaside Hill was in the game. I mean, I like the zone, but I thought it was a little odd considering we already had Greenhill (although I did appreciate that Seaside is different, whats with it's beach/ruins theme)....but after seeing the footage and in particular the screenshots, it looks amazing! I love the touches such as the rippling water and the rainbow. Also looks like they're combining it with Ocean Palace too...

Rooftop Run's looking great too, it has to be the best stage from Unleashed (although I don't suppose I can truly judge as I've only played the PS2 one :P). Like the whole European Hot Air Balloon Festival theme that's been added too.

The final boss of Sonic 2's a really hard one for me....however as I assume this isn't the final boss of Generations, they might tone it down a little...(at least it's not the Egg Viper blink.gif)

And finally, Mushroom Hill for the 3DS. By the looks of things so far in that direction they are choosing some nice levels. Got to enjoy some Mushroom Hill. I don't get all the hate for Sky Sanctuary recently though, if anything it's the most interesting and original zone design from Sonic & Knuckles! Oh well...

This is really getting me physicked up for a game, but unless they actually confirm it for PC, that won't be happening, but lets not bring that particular discussion up again right now ;)

Lol, so because the world is saved they start yelling "Happy Birthday, Sonic!"? xD

Not of your interest maybe...but in one of the pictures there's a flag similar to this one

Sao-Tome-and-Principe_flag.gif

Coincidence? Or are they going to use real country flags?

It's Shamar http://info.sonicretro.org/Shamar

Su_shamar_flag.png

y is the fanbase so fickle

y are all of your posts complaining about people talking about things

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, so because the world is saved they start yelling "Happy Birthday, Sonic!"? xD

Hey, maybe they're throwing him one epic hot air balloon birthday festival?? lol.

Just a question but how can you tell from a minute trailer how automated it is? We still haven't seen a playthrough of the stage yet. Yes I can see there are Boost hallways in the trailer but We don't even know how spread out each of them are. From CE i can assume

this,SSH,Crisis city, and Speed highway and probably Planet wisp

will follow the same style. So hopefully they won't be super automated. I'm guessing the reason why classic stages are so linear is because It's a lot harder to re-imagine those in 3d Compared to already 3d stages.

Because you're running down a empty pathway, doing nothing but boost, is that not automation?

I had to do this:

SonicExplosions.png

You know this to be true.

You should've said "Cool Hedgehogs don't look at explosions".

• Thumbs Up 4

You never know with those Spagonians. :P Seriously though, I thought in addition to the "Happy Birthday, Sonic" they recorded the audience chanting "Sonic! Sonic! Sonic!" Can anyone confirm?

I'm pretty sure "Sonic! Sonic! Sonic!" is only what they did for Sonic Adventure and people are just getting things confused.. I have the video of the recording for Generations saved (From SoS) and I don't remember that for this, unless it was done at Sonic Boom.

Edited by MarcelloF