Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Whoa Spagonia looks like it has a carnival going on! My dissapointment in it's conclusion has suddenly transformed into anticipation! As for Seaside hill, it looks cool as well. Glad to see the rock is back!

If there's one thing I've noticed about Classic Sonic in the CGI segements is that when he jumps he turns into that blue streak like in the first trailer for Project Needlemouse.

I can't believe they gave us the Sonic 2 Robotnik robot again! God dammit...

Don't give up hope just yet. I have a feeling they might give us Death Egg Robos from both Sonic 2 & Sonic 3&Knux

If there's one thing I've noticed about Classic Sonic in the CGI segements is that when he jumps he turns into that blue streak like in the first trailer for Project Needlemouse.

It's just his spin-jump with blur and trail effects.

It's just his spin-jump with blur and trail effects.

But in the City Escape trailer I remember Classic Sonic flying around in that streak just like the other one did in the trailer for Project Needlemouse

I think there's supposed to be some connection

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Whoa looks like Pinkie Pie went to Spagonia :D This game keeps looking better and better with every trailer. About time they release one too, I was losing all interest in this game because of all the negativity going around.

• Thumbs Up 2

But in the City Escape trailer I remember Classic Sonic flying around in that streak just like the other one did in the trailer for Project NeedlemouseI think there's supposed to be some connection

There's no connection beyond two of them looking like blur.

In this case, I like the old one better...

postcompare.png

That pose looks really goofy when Sonic has his mouth open, and he's not doing the thumbs-up anymore either.

Edited by Blue Blood

But in the City Escape trailer I remember Classic Sonic flying around in that streak just like the other one did in the trailer for Project Needlemouse

I think there's supposed to be some connection

What connection could there possibly be.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love the way a sound effect is played as Modern Sonic makes that abrupt change to his facial expression (at about 0:43 in the trailer). XD

Edited by Lungo

From watching that new trailer several times I came to this conclusion:

All Stages at Generations are brrrrrriliant! I know there is Crisis City, Speed Highway and Planet Whisp we haven't seen jet, but I have no doubt that they will be great as well! ^^

The Stages have a great atmosphere. They give you the feeling that YOU ARE in that Time(Game). The "party" that is going on at Rooftop Run... I'm just loving it..

Death Egg did a great job to hype me even more. It was just a great ending for this trailer.

(Apropos Rooftop Run.. Maybe they celebrate that Dark Gaia is gone and Earth is in one piece again?)

Did anyone notice Sonic's voice?

I have the feeling that his voice changes from gameplay to gameplay.

Sonic sounds weird in this trailer.

Edited by Poise
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I enjoyed that trailer immensely! I like how they are trying to make Seaside Hill less of a GHZ ripoff and trying to play up more on the ruins aspect of it, and also, Spagonia looks darn festive! I am a little disappointed that the clock tower grinding sequence is shorter, and does not go around the tower with the epic camera angle like in Unleashed, but oh well, it's a minor nitpick.

Don't give up hope just yet. I have a feeling they might give us Death Egg Robos from both Sonic 2 & Sonic 3&Knux

I'll bite. What makes you think we'll get a two for one?

I like that we see Modern and Classic Tails in the rooftop run area which I'm assuming means that they will be present with the sonics through most of the stages.

I'll bite. What makes you think we'll get a two for one?

I guess it would be kind of lame from Sonic Team to give us only the Sonic 2 Death Egg again. =/

Edit: "only" :P

Edited by Poise

The trailer got me thinkin'....you know what Classic Sonic needs? The option of having Tails follow him around. We could watch Tails destroy himself in GLORIOUS WONDERFUL, MAGNIFICENT, EYE-POPPING, DAZZLING, STUPENDOUS, SPLENDID, SUBLIME, SUPERB HD.

Actually, the classic Sonic experience would feel a little incomplete if there was no moment or option of Tails following you.

EDIT:

And blast it, the repetition of 'glorious' with HD is starting to bug me. THERE ARE MORE ADJECTIVES IN EXISTANCE! Excuse me, that was uncalled for, I'm so sorry.

Is that better? tongue.gif

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess it would be kind of lame from Sonic Team to give us only the Sonic 2 Death Egg again. =/

Edit: "only" :P

It would be just as lame as say rehashing bosses in Colors.

Meh, I don't really count Sonic 4's Egg Robo as a proper reprisal of anything to be honest(that game overall just felt... bleh). That said, I'll be glad with this boss if they make it fun unlike it's attempted remake. There's just so much that could be done with the boss alone just by being brought into the 3rd dimension.

On the flip side, if you're being an optimist, the best thing S-Team could do would be to turn the Death Egg entire into a massive boss gauntlet, like Silver Sonic > S2 Eggrobo > S&K Giant Eggrobo and finished. Of course that's probably thinking too large. I actually like the S2 Egg robo myself so if they make a good enough boss fight out of it, I'll be glad for that. My minimalist thoughts tend leave some room for pleasant surprises so who knows?

If spoilers are right thus far, I'll love the dissonance in robot design between this boss and another more recent Eggman mech. *hint hint, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more*

I just can't get enough of those stubby widdle robot arms of spiked death though. So kawaii. ^.^

And blast it, the repetition of 'glorious' with HD is starting to bug me. THERE ARE MORE ADJECTIVES IN EXISTANCE! Excuse me, that was uncalled for, I'm so sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really surprised by Rooftop Run though. It's so festive looking and just looks fun and pretty. I'd love for there to be a night mission loosely based on Carnival Night.

Spagonians, I like what you've done with the place.

Carnival Night? Does that mean we'll be seeing the return of the barrel?

That trailer was great for the most part imo.The only problem I had was with the 3D sections in Chemical Plant, those looked pretty plain but it may be changed in the final release so I'm not too concerned.

There's no connection beyond two of them looking like blur.

In this case, I like the old one better...

postcompare.png

That pose looks really goofy when Sonic has his mouth open, and he's not doing the thumbs-up anymore either.

I noticed that. He just looks silly now. Same for the Modern Sonic one. Modern Sonic looks all screwy in his pose now.

Wow, look at all that bitching.

As much as I like the trailer, I admit there are a LOT of boost hallways, now while I have no real gripe with this, I can understand why some people would, you shouldn't spend a chunk of the level just running on a straight line. Now while the levels are definitely more open ended, they still have far too much automation for their own good.

Dio isn't wrong for feeling the way he does, he has his own view of a good Sonic game and this isn't it, so who are we to tell him he's wrong?

I noticed that. He just looks silly now. Same for the Modern Sonic one. Modern Sonic looks all screwy in his pose now.

Modern Sonic looks more or less fine, it's just his eyes not moving that makes him look somewhat odd.

Wow, look at all that bitching.

As much as I like the trailer, I admit there are a LOT of boost hallways, now while I have no real gripe with this, I can understand why some people would, you shouldn't spend a chunk of the level just running on a straight line. Now while the levels are definitely more open ended, they still have far too much automation for their own good.

Dio isn't wrong for feeling the way he does, he has his own view of a good Sonic game and this isn't it, so who are we to tell him he's wrong?

Just a question but how can you tell from a minute trailer how automated it is? We still haven't seen a playthrough of the stage yet. Yes I can see there are Boost hallways in the trailer but We don't even know how spread out each of them are. From CE i can assume

this,SSH,Crisis city, and Speed highway and probably Planet wisp

will follow the same style. So hopefully they won't be super automated. I'm guessing the reason why classic stages are so linear is because It's a lot harder to re-imagine those in 3d Compared to already 3d stages.

I also agree on the opinion thing. You shouldn't complain unless people are TRYING to force it on you or are saying your opinion is invalid or bad.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Got lots of new gigantic Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill screens off SEGA Press, but they aren't Word Press friendly. I keep getting an IO error sad.gif

EDIT:

There's a new piece of Eggman art, too.