Awoo.

The Ninja Turtles are Back in (Live) Action!

Toby

[After all, the chumps currently running Nick only know how to milk money out of franchises with honor now, right?

So far Turtles has been good under Nickelodeon. The IDW comics are great.

Well the movie IS called "Ninja Turtles", not "Teenage Mutant" Ninja Turtles...sooo....

... Source?

When you see this movie kids one day will believe these turtles do exist. These Turtles are from an Alien race and they're going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.

When I read this my mind immediately went back to the Transformers movies. Lord help us all.

It's Shadow the Hedgehog all over again! But with Turtles.

Now I'm almost certain they'll give them guns. Calling it now.

Edited by Machenstein

When you see this movie kids one day will believe these turtles do exist. These Turtles are from an Alien race and they're going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.

If my kid believed that turtles like the Ninja Turtles really existed, I'd get his head checked.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 6

...Hmm, I dunno after Turtles Forever I have a hard time believing anything can top it.

tmntavp.jpg

cough

Oh hey, some actually promising info.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-movie-makes-our-heroes-aliens/

Sources have told us that our turtles are actually four of an entire race of inter-dimensional beings. That's right. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are actually from another dimension. I'm not sure how that's going to make kids think that they exist, but we'll just let it slide. In addition, we've also heard that this storyline is happening because Krang will indeed be a villain in the film, which will mark the first time he's ever been incarnated on the big screen (and maybe along with that huge body suit and the Technodrome?). At the very least, I'm interested to see how this plays out, but until we get an idea of the style and tone, I'm going to just relax and not get bent out of shape or really excited. Thoughts?

huh, mite b kool. Only a casual fan of the turtles, but meh, besides Bay is a producer, all jokes aside, he honestly won't have that much of an influence as we make him out to, so quit gettin mad at explosions.

to be fair, as a kid i just called them the "Ninja Turtles" not the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" so maybe its a nod to the 80's when kids just called them the Ninja Turtles?

curious to see how they're going to tackle the series when its had so much done to it, especially how the Turtles and Splinter got mutated.

i always thought the TMNT 2003 animated series did the best job of explaining the mutagen mutation.

i did enjoy the TMNT Animated movie to a certain degree... it was a pretty dark film though, not as in dark story as in it was a very dark movie! hard to see a lot of the CGI action going on, didn't think much of the art style or turtle character design though.

TMNT 2003 also had a very good voice cast, especially for 4Kids

Hold up, the Turtles are aliens right? Then what about master Splinter? Will he too be an alien, or will he just not show up?

Also

Last month we learned that Battle Los Angeles director Jonathan Liebesman would be behind Platinum Dunes new take on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I did not know this, but now I know this movie will suck. To what digree still remains to be seen.

You know, the Michael Bay Ninja Turtles reek of Poochie:

• edgy

• in your face

• they get biz-zay

• full of attitude

• they're from another planet

All we're missing are black sunglasses.

That or just play their personalities to the extreme.

Leo: Serious, doesn't crack a smile, and always puts the mission first.

Raph: Boarderline sociopathic, and loves to blow stuff up.

Donnie: Speaks primarily in technobabble, and follows the geek stereotype of loving all things sci-fi and not being social.

Mikey: This is where we have our poochie character Barry.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

Changing the basis of the turtles origin story to make them aliens/inter-dimensional beings is not going to make the fans happy. It's not going to make newbies and children any more interested in seeing it. It's not going to make it easier to deliver a critically-acclaimed product either. Therefore, I invoke Occam's Razar: Michael Bay and whomever he generally works with just like utterly ruining long-lasting franchises.

That comment about wanting to make the kids believe they were real confused me more than their changed origin. Huh?

Mutation is real, aliens have yet to be confirmed to exist. Both are feasible, but mutation is far more believable because it can be seen in nature all the time. I remember when I was little, I found mutated frogs with three legs in a lake and thinking that it was just like the ninja turtles. THAT works, but Michael Bay would prefer this:

f6CEO.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm surprised the fake Takasi Iizuka twitter hasn't said anything about this yet. I don't get what Bay is playing at here. I'm also dissapointed that this means there probably won't be an out of date environmentalist message in this movie.

Edited by Phos

Guys, I think we can rest at least a bit easier. The film's writers are working closely with Kevin Eastman on the project. After reading some of the IDW comic (Which he's also heavily involved in.) and hearing about its growing popularity and positive critical reception, I'm confident that Mr. Eastman won't let anything too extreme happen to the boys in green. The IDW comic also switched up the origin quite a bit, so I'm sure that with Mr. Eastman's guidance, this can work. Mind you, this could still turn out either way, but I think it's best to keep an open mind and wait until we hear more before we go about judging the film based on one piece of information and the fact that Michael Bay is producing it. Just a thought.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hold up, the Turtles are aliens right? Then what about master Splinter? Will he too be an alien, or will he just not show up?

Also

I did not know this, but now I know this movie will suck. To what digree still remains to be seen.

That or just play their personalities to the extreme.

Leo: Serious, doesn't crack a smile, and always puts the mission first.

Raph: Boarderline sociopathic, and loves to blow stuff up.

Donnie: Speaks primarily in technobabble, and follows the geek stereotype of loving all things sci-fi and not being social.

Mikey: This is where we have our poochie character Barry.

Why does this sound familiar all of a sudden...

The-Penguins-of-Madagascar-Season-2-Episode-2-It-s-About-Time.jpg

...oh. Right.

The source listed there doesn't say it will just be called Ninja Turtles.

...Uh...it says so right here...

"Michael Bay revealed at the 2012 Nickeloden Upfront on March 14, 2012 that the film will be titled "Ninja Turtles""

...Uh...it says so right here...

"Michael Bay revealed at the 2012 Nickeloden Upfront on March 14, 2012 that the film will be titled "Ninja Turtles""

Where does it say that on the Viacom blog?

Where does it say that on the Viacom blog?

I'm talking about on the Wikipedia page.

Why should I trust the Wikipedia page, when the source doesn't state that?

I'm still pretty sure that's the official name. (Or atleast at the moment it is.)

Also, guys, listen to this, the original voice actor for Mikey from the original TMNT trilogy had this to say about what Bay and others are doing to the new film.

“You probably don’t know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing.

Look man, I think you have some pretty nifty action ideas (of course on the other side, the minute ANYONE in your movies starts using actual dialog I seem to catch myself nodding off), but seriously, Teenage ALIEN Ninja Turtles?

I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet?

You know that ninjas are a certain kind of cultural charact….

Oh what the hell am I talking to you for?

The rape of our childhood memories continues…..”

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

And the ****storm unravels...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/michael-bay-ninja-turtles-movie-aliens_n_1364828.html

Hell, even one of the previous VAs for the turtles called out Micheal Bay for "sodomizing" the series.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/20/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-michael-bay-michaelangelo-sodomizing/#.T2hTNNnfJAM