Awoo.

The Ninja Turtles are Back in (Live) Action!

Toby

Mike's the man! He's a funny dude and he loves pizza to death. Though my favorite is Leonardo, he's the leader and he kicks serious arse.

Or Krang atleast.

Oh lord, I miss Krang so much.

...Oddly Shredder wound up as a Krang-like brain creature in the 4kids series.O_o I guess they thought that was the best explanation for why Shredder just couldn't seem to die.^_^;;

Edited by BlazeySammy

Hehe, no one loves Leonardo. He WAS always kinda the boring one.

I loved Raph for his moodiness and sarcasm, and Don for his smarts. Mike got a little annoying at times but was also pretty fun, and Leo never really interested me.

I'll keep a eye on this. I was a big Turtles fan as a kid. Even had a Raphael costume and the plastic daggers. I also had an April O'Neal figurine, but she ended up minus one leg and melted in a fire... >_>; I didnt like her.

Raph was always my favorite as a kid. Granted I was disappointed that in pretty much all the continuities outside the Fred Wolf Films toon he's quite a bit gruffer and less snarky, and thus a bit more dull for me, but that version largely made up for it by being very sympathetic, the kind of guy that would mess up due to his temper, but never stop trying.

Edited by BlazeySammy

Please no CGI turtles with live action either! I want the costumes~

Absolutely +1

We have seen disasterous results when CG and Live Action get mixed. The CG movie from 2007 was okay, but I really felt refreshed when I knew a new live action movie will come, I hope it goes well and it will bring us so many memories! ;D

More Fun Live-Action TMNT Updates from Peter Laird

Now that we officially know that Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo - also known as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - are due back on the big screen in live-action form by 2011, everyone wants to know exactly how they're going to pull it off. Last week TMNT co-creator Peter Laird talked briefly about the face replacement technology and confirmed that they'll actually use full body suits. But what about the story? Our cohorts at MTV caught up with Laird and got him to reveal more about some early ideas and his hopes for this origin story, beyond that it'll include April O'Neil, Casey Jones, and Shredder.

"I can say that at this point there are a lot of positive feelings about a Batman Begins-style 'reboot,' which would, of necessity, include a retelling of the Turtles' origin story," Laird told MTV. I get giddy just imagining a gritty PG-13 Batman-like TMNT movie, but that probably won't happen, because I'm sure studios will focus on its connection to kids. Even though Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird's comic did debut in 1984 and has a lot of older fans. Laird continues, "Having said that, I would also be into an all-new story, if it was decided that that was a more desirable direction. Either way is fine with me, to be honest!"

And as for other wild ideas, Laird throws some more crumbs out for fans. "I would not be unhappy to somehow see the tale of Baxter Stockman and the robotic 'mousers' folded into this movie, as well as some elements possibly setting up the TCRI connection for a possible sixth (or seventh) movie. But I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself there." For those of you also confused by that "sixth or seventh" reference, I think he is eluding to the eventual progression of the series. As in, we've had four movies at this point (including the animated TMNT movie of 2007), so this new one would be the fifth Turtles movie.

If you're a longtime fan of the comics, then all of this should definitely be getting you very excited. I know I'm just getting pumped to see so much talk of the Turtles back in the mainstream news again. And as for the full body suits, Laird reiterates that they won't screw this up again. "The basic idea, as I understand it, is to do an all live action shoot, with actors and stuntmen in full Turtle suits," then later use CGI to add facial expressions. The reference he uses is Davey Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean. "This technology has been proven to be incredibly effective if done correctly." I've heard enoguh, bring on the Turtles!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/28/mor...om-peter-laird/

Even more news. I am hyped for this movie.

We have seen disasterous results when CG and Live Action get mixed.

Heh, that put a weird image in my head...

"Who framed Michaelangelo Turtle?"

Heh, that put a weird image in my head...

"Who framed Michaelangelo Turtle?"

omg...

XD

I must say, however, "Who framed Roger Rabbit" was a huge exception to this rule. Recently there have been much worse cases, like the Scooby Doo, Underdog or Garfield movies.

omg...

XD

I must say, however, "Who framed Roger Rabbit" was a huge exception to this rule. Recently there have been much worse cases, like the Scooby Doo, Underdog or Garfield movies.

Yeah, I really gotta wonder what the logic was that said "Okay, let's make Garfield a cartoon running around in reality, but make Odie an actual photorealistic dog." :blink:

Oh lord, I miss Krang so much.

...Oddly Shredder wound up as a Krang-like brain creature in the 4kids series.O_o I guess they thought that was the best explanation for why Shredder just couldn't seem to die.^_^;;

Actually, both Krang and the Shredder in the 4Kids toon were based on a species of aliens from the comics called the Utroms. You can see them in the backstory of this issue: http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/three/cover.htm

In this issue too: http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/four/cover.htm

Actually, both Krang and the Shredder in the 4Kids toon were based on a species of aliens from the comics called the Utroms. You can see them in the backstory of this issue: http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/three/cover.htm

In this issue too: http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/four/cover.htm

Hmm, that volume four cover reminds me a lot of the cover art for the first TMNT NES game.

I liked Krang (although he was the freakiest thing EVER) and it really upsets me that they took Shredder in the 4kids one and made him into the same thing Krang was... What's up with that?!

Kevin, Donatello is the bomb! <3

Hey don't go knocking Who Framed Roger Rabbit that was a spectacular film for it's time and it's one of my personal favourites!

The CGI Garfield and Scooby Doo films.. those were EPIC fails. I really hope they don't do that. If they cannot make the turtles SEEM real with the CGI then they need to take the right step and just keep it costumes. It's like Dragon Heart... that film, as bad as it is for it's Cheesy factor you actually felt like Draco was REAL and that was always quite amazing for a film made in the 90's I was always so impressed with the CGI and felt Draco could have existed. Garfield on the other hand... No. He definitely was fictional. =(

I liked Krang (although he was the freakiest thing EVER)

I always liked Krang's android body. He ran around all the time as this huge half-naked guy with funky sunglasses. :lol:

Actually I mean he freaked me out as a brain with arms and eyes and a mouth but that android thing was so... creepy. I swear if anyone came to a fancy dress party dressed as Krang in that body I would run away screaming. XD

Actually I mean he freaked me out as a brain with arms and eyes and a mouth but that android thing was so... creepy. I swear if anyone came to a fancy dress party dressed as Krang in that body I would run away screaming. XD

Krang's awful fashion sense strikes terror in the hearts of all. :lol:

The bravest of souls have NO chance of survival against Krang and his fashion sense.

The bravest of souls have NO chance of survival against Krang and his fashion sense.

I have stared into the nameless horror of the void, the horror, the horror.

:lol:

Oh God Blazey you cannot unsee! *blindfolds you* You must lie down for at least an hour in a darkened room until the images leave your mind!

Oh God Blazey you cannot unsee! *blindfolds you* You must lie down for at least an hour in a darkened room until the images leave your mind!

Yush! Good thing I have someone to give me expert psychological advice!

*goes off to lie down. ;) *

• 2 years later...

So apparently, this film will feature a brand-new origin story for the Turtles, they will be from an alien race in space.

TEENAGE "ALIEN" NINJA TURTLES!