Awoo.

The Ninja Turtles are Back in (Live) Action!

Toby

Fuck everything.

Pretty much this. I rarely turn on pessimistic mode, but for something like his...there is like no choice.

Really? humanoid turtles that know ninjitsu seems like an alien race to me biggrin.png

Splinter taught them ninjitsu.

Splinter taught them ninjitsu.

Fine, humanoid turtles that learned ninjitsu from a furry :U

Edited by Solkia

Animal with fur =/= furry

Yeah, this is a dumb idea. They're mutants, what's wrong with that? You wouldn't make the X-Men aliens.

Well, if you were a Turtles fan, you would understand the hate.

Well, if you were a Turtles fan, you would understand the hate.

I am a turtles fan, I'm being sarcastic.

Even if I wasn't, it's stupid to change established character backgrounds without any reason.

That... destroys the whole purpose of Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles!!!

They aren't aliens, they're mutants! Unless the radioactive ooze itself comes from outer space and not the turtles, then... just, FFFFFFFFF

Yeah dude link to an article or something please? not that i don't believe you but i just gotta read this for myself.

Oh my god. No. Just no. I didn't even know about Michael Bay's involvement (I haven't been keeping up at all), let alone...this. I don't hate Bay like other people do, but I don't want to see him adapting TMNT TANT either. I could look past that if it weren't for this load of alien crap.

Seriously, what the fuck are they thinking?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not 100% sure about this whole alien thing, but TMNT has had numerous origin changes in many of its incarnations before, so I'm not going to count my Turtles before they've hatched. Heck, if Shredder can be both an alien and a demon and reincarnation can play a role in IDW TMNT, then this really isn't the craziest place that the franchise could go. The alien thing could potentially work, if written right, so I'm just going to wait to hear more on it before I completely dismiss it. Here's hoping that they'll at least be alien experiments to warrant the "mutant" in their name. In any case, this'll either be a nice alternate take on the lore or the Turtle version of Battlefield Earth. We shall see...

Michael Bay? Are you serious?

He's been the butt of so many "Daker and Edgier" reboots/movie adaptations, that I almost thought that this was a joke first time seeing that article. I'm a bit wary with this new movie now.

Could be interesting, I don't think it will be that bad.

http://www.movieweb....ew-alien-origin

Status Updates had it posted a while ago.

Well; it's nice to know that instead of a Legendary Pictures (you know, the studio who made the The Dark Knight Saga) adapation of the turtles, we're getting this thing. I can't wait to hear what other plans Nick and Micheal Bay have for this film and the new series.

After all, the chumps currently running Nick only know how to milk money out of franchises with honor now, right?

That... destroys the whole purpose of Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles!!!

They aren't aliens, they're mutants! Unless the radioactive ooze itself comes from outer space and not the turtles, then... just, FFFFFFFFF

well in the TMNT 2003 reboot series, the Mutagen came from an alien race anyway, so the series has taken a lot of different directions since the 80's, and the 2003 reboot was a damn good show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the movie IS called "Ninja Turtles", not "Teenage Mutant" Ninja Turtles...sooo....

Wow, didn't even know this thread existed......Yeah, I'm a Turtle fan, so what.

Regarding this 'alien instead of mutant' thing, not sure how to feel about it other than say 'wait for more info or at least a trailer' because it's a bit too early for this to be an April's Fool joke.

Well the movie IS called "Ninja Turtles", not "Teenage Mutant" Ninja Turtles...sooo....

I guess the 'teenage' and 'mutant' parts sounded too dorky for a modern audience.rolleyes.gif

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 1