Awoo.

Speed Runs and Scores

Sami

Eternal i will do something that i didn't think i would do so fast but i am a man and men do manly things. cool.png

That think is that i admit defeat in JJ. *clap clap clap* you really gave it your best and you deserve to have it.

Thank you Sir for the awesome experience of gifs, trash, challenges and thrill. wink.png

Great idea Fro.

Maybe we will do one month after relase of Generations? Since all of us already know Unleashed levels making tournament with completly new game would be more exciting. What do you think guys?

Yeah, you know. make a therad at SG section. Gather the members until the start of tourny, draw the match-ups and put them in which zone they want to compete. How that sounds?

A Sonic Generations speed run competition you say? Count me in! I will claim Modern Rooftop Run as my own!

A Sonic Generations speed run competition you say? Count me in! I will claim Modern Rooftop Run as my own!

Oh nice we have audience here. I must talk with Shadzter about it. Maybe we do a featuring in the front page or something.

Oh nice we have audience here. I must talk with Shadzter about it. Maybe we do a featuring in the front page or something.

That would be nice but first we need to discuss concept with Eternal via PMs. Shadz, T-Bird and rest of TSSNet staff like to have things clear.

approved.gif

I love this idea Fro.

LMAO! Nice one Eternal.

So we got some details with HUNTER.

and that's what we got:

Rules: 1. No breaking stage. 2. No 3D in 2D and vice versa. 3. No slide step glitch 4. Allowed to avoid section(Eternal just like in JJ)

Participants: etc etc.

1st Stage: etc

Round 1: Frokenok VS Eternal etc

Time limit: 1 hour best time after the time wins the round.

Eternal advances to the next round etc. How it sounds so far to you?

I would love the time limit thing but....most of us are on different times. Like I'm USA central. and I believe Fro is like 6 hours ahead of me. Meaning if I wanted to start our round now, but he's sleep because of the time difference, that would give me the unfair advantage and force me to the next round without even facing him.

As for the skipping area. Technically I didn't. I was in the area but found a faster route. Same thing you did Fro to beat my time. But the breaking stage thing is 100% fair to me. Since not all of us can break a stage at will, might as well not even allow that to happen. The 3D in 2D is basically the same thing as breaking a stage.

So no glitching & breaking stages to beat someone's time? KOOL WITH ME.

Can I add a rule? Instead of the hour time that is set, can we make sure that both players are awake and on SSMB at the same time before starting the round?

Question, are we going to continue to use this topic for the tourney or make a brand new one....hoping that mods will not kill it off. And what Sonic games are included in the speedrun tourney?

I would love the time limit thing but....most of us are on different times. Like I'm USA central. and I believe Fro is like 6 hours ahead of me. Meaning if I wanted to start our round now, but he's sleep because of the time difference, that would give me the unfair advantage and force me to the next round without even facing him.

As for the skipping area. Technically I didn't. I was in the area but found a faster route. Same thing you did Fro to beat my time. But the breaking stage thing is 100% fair to me. Since not all of us can break a stage at will, might as well not even allow that to happen. The 3D in 2D is basically the same thing as breaking a stage.

So no glitching & breaking stages to beat someone's time? KOOL WITH ME.

Can I add a rule? Instead of the hour time that is set, can we make sure that both players are awake and on SSMB at the same time before starting the round?

Question, are we going to continue to use this topic for the tourney or make a brand new one....hoping that mods will not kill it off. And what Sonic games are included in the speedrun tourney?

Even better. I approve of this. The game will be Sonic Generations. You can compete in whatever stage and mode you want. Classic or Modern. We're gonna hold all the stages and see who reigns supreme in each stage.

Also i spoke with Carbo about it and it's a little too early to make a new thread about it on the SG section and pinned it. We need to be around release date if not after to make it happen. Until then we will go over the organization with PMs.

Let's not make this a Tourny discussion thread. ;)

COOL! I guess it would be pretty late to do a tourney for Unleashed since most of us have already set a hard to beat records.

So uh I topic wise....I would have tried to set a record on Apotos act 2 hard mode but well.......I drank to much last night. Damn Jack Daniels and free beer. Guess I'll tackle that today then. Then I'm going for JJ normal mode.

Because this now should be bumped.....

Sonic generations tourney will be starting on the week of Generations release. The minute you get it, better get on it. Because I know I will. And as for everyone that wants to be in the tourney and try to keep Sky Sanctuary from me....

Shadow78.jpg

Edited by Eternal X

Hopefully the online capabilities the hd versions have will be like speed runs and stuff like that against eachother. it would make it a lot easier. But yeah so exited for this. I'm in. although i won't be blasting through the whole game the first time around if that's ok.

Because this now should be bumped.....

Sonic generations tourney will be starting on the week of Generations release. The minute you get it, better get on it. Because I know I will. And as for everyone that wants to be in the tourney and try to keep Sky Sanctuary from me....

ScoutCOMEATMEBRO.png

All right. Just some things to clear. I think it should begin on like 14th November. First reason is that EU relase is 4th November and some people are importing. Second. I and probably lots other people here wants to get trough game for first time without hurry and actually finish it. So yeah 14th is optimal date to start tourny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Arid Sands speedrun, 02:17:04!! AW YEAH!!!

Also I don't think you can do the QSS in Sonic Generations. I need to buy a USB stick so that I can play Sonic Generations in my own time and practice (Lack of multiple save files in HD Sonic games FTL)...I'm doing a Playthrough of it as well (and frokenok3 too).

This tournament is gonna kick ass!!! :D

Edited by KrazyBean14

Arid Sands speedrun, 02:17:04!! AW YEAH!!!

Also I don't think you can do the QSS in Sonic Generations.

Fixed. And Generations speedruns are possible. They did some for GHZ classic already during the short time we had the demo and after when people hacked the ps3 version of it.

Edited by Eternal X

Fixed. And Generations speedruns are possible. They did some for GHZ classic already during the short time we had the demo and after when people hacked the ps3 version of it.

Sorry but, what did you fix in my comment?

This whole Generations speedrun thing is getting pretty big... It deserves a web page or something... wink.png

Yeah. This is just an idea... I could set up a website on "webs.com" if anyone is wondering...

Before we all say yes to it, we should see how it turns out here on SSMB. I mean this speedrun topic (mostly full of unleashed stuff) started out fairly big but slowly died down after top scores/speeds were reached.

It seems pretty lively in here!

Yo! So anyone checked my sig? Also 14th is a very good date.

We'll make the topic in the Generations section on the 6th or 7th so we can manage the members who want to compete.

1st annual Sonic Stadium Speed run Tournament. How that sounds? ;)