Awoo.

The Bosses Topic of BBBE'ness

HyperGogeta

You know since modern sonic is fighting egg dragoon, does anybody think the fight will kind of be like Egg Emporer?

Whether it's the Opening scene fight or the upgraded fight, I think Modern Sonic will become the Werehog.

If it is the fight from the opening, it wouldn't make sense for Sonic to become the Werehog since it took place before he ever became the werehog the first time.

i like how this thread is still thriving long after the thread starter was banned

Edited by i don't like pie

So at the end of the new trailer, it seems that the Death Egg boss has been revealed!!!!

...and it's the one from Sonic 2. Bite me Sonic Team. Seriously, we just saw it in Sonic 4, why couldn't we have gotten the Sonic 3 version? So far, based on that and the leaked data, I dunno if I'm liking how the bosses are being handled for this game.. but now, it's time for you guys to weigh in! What do you think of the boss list now, and what do you hope to see in the final package?

I actually like the fact that it's the Sonic 2 Egg Mech, now don't get me wrong, I would've loved the S&K model as much as the next person, but this one works just as well. It looks way more charismatic in overall design in comparison to Sonic 4's which was just felt shoe horned and scrappy as a final boss.

And who knows, they might do something interesting with it in this one. I'm digging those stubby widdle arms.

Whether it's the Opening scene fight or the upgraded fight, I think Modern Sonic will become the Werehog.

Screw that noise, I'd take Modern Sonic vs Egg Dragoon over Werehog any day. Not that I don't like the Werehog, I just don't care enough to want to play that way again. With Modern Sonic the Dragoon may actually not be handicapped in terms of gameplay design(I mean seriously, the thing was designed to take on regular sonic and it can't even tag slowhog with a gatling gun. A gatling gun. Eeeeh?

Edited by Autoburstfire

Eh.. it looks nice, I'll admit, I just feel like we've seen it enough. I was REALLY hoping to get a truly BIG boss, which we haven't seen in a Sonic game in a very long time. The Death Egg boss from Sonic 3 is super-massive, and would have been great to see in HD. Plus, I feel like it was a more climactic battle, with the various stages of the fight that you had to go through before the bitter end.

But meh.. whatever, I suppose. Again, so far, the bosses seem to be the only thing disappointing me right now, so I can't BAWWW too much now. Plus, I'd go so far as to say bosses in Sonic games haven't been all that great since.. I dunno, the Adventure days? And maybe that's even pushing it. So it's nothing new, I suppose.

Edited by EXshad

Eh, we'll have to wait and see I guess. If the Prototype version of the Dragoon is in that'll more than make up for the BFR void from my standpoint at least; really liked that mech, best 'final' boss aesthetic design since the Egg Viper imo. Either way, at least we get to cruise through some brief Death Egg nostalgia in HD.

Which is marginally more than what Sonic 4 can say for itself.

I have a question: why are you guys saying the prototype of the Egg Dragoon will be in the game, rather than the version we actually battled? I'm a bit confused about that.. I still think we'll be fighting THE Egg Dragoon, though the fight will simply be with Modern Sonic instead of the Werehog, kinda like how Perfect Chaos will be fought with Regular Sonic instead of Super Sonic.

Or was there like, leaked info that said otherwise..? I'm just kinda confused on that point, is all

Oh... yeah, I forgot Eggman called it a prototype in the game tongue.gif yeah, I'm sure that's the one that's in, and I agree, that's one of my all-time favorite Eggman mechs, just because it's like a fusion of the giant, robotic versions of himself that you fought in the classic games with the newer, animal-based machines he pilots in the new games. Good choice with Perfect Chaos and Egg Dragoon, but.. I dunno, the Giant Mech is pushing it for me. Plus, there's the fact that only one hedgehog fights each of the bosses.

Maybe if Sonic Team surprises us and each 'hog does indeed get a shot at each boss, contrary to the leaked data, my tune might change; Modern Sonic fighting the Giant Mech from Sonic 2 COULD be very interesting.

Edited by EXshad

I have a question: why are you guys saying the prototype of the Egg Dragoon will be in the game, rather than the version we actually battled? I'm a bit confused about that.. I still think we'll be fighting THE Egg Dragoon, though the fight will simply be with Modern Sonic instead of the Werehog, kinda like how Perfect Chaos will be fought with Regular Sonic instead of Super Sonic.

Or was there like, leaked info that said otherwise..? I'm just kinda confused on that point, is all

Well if you think about it if we play RR after the world is saved how would we fight the egg dragoon? Maybe we'd go back in time to the battle in Eggmanland or farther back to the prototype version. Personally I'm fine with either I would love to see the egg dragoon fought throughout Eggmanland.

How do you know that Rooftop is played after the whole world saving tour? For all we know Sonic Team knew people would be ticked if they just put in the same level and decided to spice it up(loving that Egg Battery way more than the Egg Cauldron, of course, maybe that's just QTE resentment in me).

Either version would be fine, but we've seen the cinematic beast in action, it's accounted for. You bloody well had to be super to put a dent in the thing. The Egg Dragoon fight felt watered down beneath its epic design to accommodate its not so epic gameplay mechanic. That is in need of remedying.

Fighting that boss, I wanna be able to say, "His is the drill that will pierce the heavens."

How do you know that Rooftop is played after the whole world saving tour? For all we know Sonic Team knew people would be ticked if they just put in the same level and decided to spice it up(loving that Egg Battery way more than the Egg Cauldron, of course, maybe that's just QTE resentment in me).

Either version would be fine, but we've seen the cinematic beast in action, it's accounted for. You bloody well had to be super to put a dent in the thing. The Egg Dragoon fight felt watered down beneath its epic design to accommodate its not so epic gameplay mechanic. That is in need of remedying.

Fighting that boss, I wanna be able to say, "His is the drill that will pierce the heavens."

I never said It WAS. Show me were I said that. plus look why would people be celebrating if the world is split apart. I think everyone is celebrating because the world is saved.

But yeah I'll be fine with either version or the fight but I would like the fight to be fought around the whole carnival.

Ehh? Woah... sorry if I sounded a bit retaliatory; I didn't think I came off as that snarky but then again I did word my post in a matter of a fact way(And I do love my snark). Ah well, my apologies for jumping to conclusions, I never can read trains of thought like that very clearly...

Honestly though, I think Sonic Team just wanted to make the level look even more legit. I wouldn't give them enough credit to think that far into the context of the plot, but eh, it's time travel, all kinds of crazy stuff goes down.

So far, I'm happy with the content of the boss list, although in comparison to the number of stages, it looks a just a bit par to course. If they could add one more stock boss for each era, it'd be perfect, but eh, maybe it'll look better in the finished product.

I hope that the teaser at the end of the most recent trailer means that we'll be seeing some boss footage in the next one. I'd rather not have every level totally spoiled for me, and aside from those Metal Sonic screenshots we barely know anything about the bosses at all. Then maybe after that we could get a cutscene or a trailer showcasing the side characters~

I'm not too torn up about Sonic 2's final boss returning. My only real problem with it was that I always thought it looked sort of stupid, and the Generations redesign looks both much more threatening and completely adorable. It was in Sonic 4, sure, but I have no doubt that it'll be a much more unique and interesting battle here even if Modern Sonic doesn't get involved. Holding something that was in Sonic 4 against Generations is sort of like being upset that robots were in Transformers because you saw Transmorphers a month ago, y'know?

I'm not too torn up about Sonic 2's final boss returning. My only real problem with it was that I always thought it looked sort of stupid, and the Generations redesign looks both much more threatening and completely adorable. It was in Sonic 4, sure, but I have no doubt that it'll be a much more unique and interesting battle here even if Modern Sonic doesn't get involved. Holding something that was in Sonic 4 against Generations is sort of like being upset that robots were in Transformers because you saw Transmorphers a month ago, y'know?

I guess I've always preferred the design of the S3&K robot. Like you said the original one looked a bit funny and I personally think the HD redesign looks just the same in that respect.

deatheggrobo.png

The Sonic and Knuckles battle is just so much more epic too, even without Doomsday Zone. I must however concede that had the Giant Egg Robo been chosen as the first main boss, it could have been overkill; especially considering it would dwarf the Egg Dragon (the penultimate boss). One thing the Sonic 2 boss does have over its upgrade is the creepy factor. It kind of reminds me of something Toyman of Superman fame might come up with. At the end of the day, if it's a much grander experience than Sonic 4's version turned out to be I'll be happy. (They had also better include Classic Eggy leaping into the mech as well)

Edited by Lungo

Eh, I suppose I agree on it dwarfing the Egg Dragoon. Maybe, with that in mind, it DOES make sense to choose the Giant Mech. but again, I just really wanna see a massive boss fight done in HD. We've never seen that, and when we've come close like with Dark Gaia, it's usually been indirect. We came close with Iblis, but I was hoping to really see an Eggman mech get that sort of attention. Then again though, if the rumors about Time Eater are true...

Anyhow, if they're REALLY going to use that boss again, the battle better be unique. I hope they do it differently, or add some twist to make it really pop. Like, my idea is that, like with the levels, while the original bosses could be reappearing, the way they are fought is rather different than in the original game. For example, for the Metal Sonic fight, Eggman seems like he's missing, and based on certain screens, it seems like Classic Sonic deals damage to him directly. So maybe for this fight, they could mix it up a bit; maybe make it more fast paced, give him different moves, or a different method of damaging him. Like, for example, what if one of his attacks is that he fires off his arms, and Sonic has to jump on them in order to reach the head and do damage? Or, what if this boss could, I dunno, have wheels on his feet that allow him to boost across the floor in an attempt to run over Sonic? I'd be moderately pleased with stuff like that, I suppose.

Edited by EXshad

Majority will probably disagree with me but I am most excited to see modern Sonic fighting Rivals. I mean we havent seen rival fights since 06 (Rivals dont really count) and I am really excited to see hos they will execute them.

Another thing I forgot to mention that I hope we see some of are mini-bosses. Unleashed and Colors sorta had them with the Egg Interceptor robot and that bot from Asteroid Coaster Act 6. This game could really benefit from bringing some back, like maybe for Sky Sanctuary, we could see the Egg Robos piloting the Egg Wrecking Ball or Flying Egg bosses that Mecha Sonic fought Sonic with in that level, or for Sonic Heroes maybe we could fight a Egg Hammer. Stuff like that would be cool to see, it'd definitely mix things up a bit, especially since we're only getting 4 big boss battles and the Rival battles beyond that.

Another thing I forgot to mention that I hope we see some of are mini-bosses. Unleashed and Colors sorta had them with the Egg Interceptor robot and that bot from Asteroid Coaster Act 6. This game could really benefit from bringing some back, like maybe for Sky Sanctuary, we could see the Egg Robos piloting the Egg Wrecking Ball or Flying Egg bosses that Mecha Sonic fought Sonic with in that level, or for Sonic Heroes maybe we could fight a Egg Hammer. Stuff like that would be cool to see, it'd definitely mix things up a bit, especially since we're only getting 4 big boss battles and the Rival battles beyond that.

I think that the flying battery ship will be a mini-boss for Rooftop run. I mean it would be a bit disappointing for the thing to just make a appearance.

It would be cool if they snuck the Mecha Sonic boss fight into Sky Sanctuary and/or had some Egg Robo's floating around in S&K style Eggmobiles. I dunno.

I was rather hoping they'd bring back the Interceptor from Unleashed in Rooftop Run but I guess Eggman's new zeppelin will be taking its place until it WTF-Gun-Trucks itself.

But yeah, sub-bosses would be a great way of spicing up some levels, although it seems the closest we may get will be chase styled like the gun truck and the egg blimp(They're the only ones I can think of that would probably visible explode/die.

I just had an idea. What if during the Time Eater fight, Classic and Modern Super Sonic's battle with Time Eater ends up going through all the zones/the entire timeline? (in other words, the levels you've already cleared)

Edited by STrainer

I just had an idea. What if during the Time Eater fight, Classic and Modern Super Sonic's battle with Time Eater ends up going through all the zones/the entire timeline?

Could be possible... but my guess is SEGA will get lazy and throw them in a special distortion or something, like with all the other final battles.

Edited by Classic EXshad