Awoo.

The Bosses Topic of BBBE'ness

HyperGogeta

Thanks!

I got it now. lol

Mixed that a bit. I thought Knuckles is a boss like Shadow, Metal and Silver. :rolleyes:

Metal Sonic-

A classic race through Stardust Speedway. Also Robotnik's laser needs to return to keep the original expierience complete. I would also like if towards the end of the fight M.S gets pissed off and has some sort of crazy fire tantrum or something. Start throwing stuff at Sonic, etc.

As for Modern. M. Sonic and M.M. Sonic face off in Stardust speedway and have a usual boss battle style. Plenty of spin dash use and homing attack hopefully. Not much else I can think of.

Shadow-

Race through the ark. Maybe a battle as well.

Silver

Anything but the "It's no use!" battle. Please. Maybe have Silver use his powers to throw stuff at Sonic, you have to homing attack and break it as a chain and attack Silver. Sure, why not? I'd like for this to be at the end of Crisis city, around a ton of destroyed buildings.

"Death Egg"

If they mess up on D.E I will not be a happy misfit. For classic have basically an updated version of the S3&K Doomsday zone fight. For Modern, basically just have it as a 3D version of it. For both it would be nice if for the cool little "gimmick" at the end of each level Robotnik's machine starts hurling the meteors at you or something.

Perfect Chaos

The original Crush 40 song please. Also, for C. Sonic have him running across and dodging water coming at him. Modern Sonic, have it like the original, but as Hyper said no Super Sonic (Don't want it for any stages but Death Egg and Final)

Egg Dragoon

Hmmm...this has some interesting possibilites and I'm wondering how they'll handle it. I hope that there is absolutely in no form or way a reminder of the werehog. I would like for it to have the original take where you go through different areas. Eggman should have the same machine of course, and C. Sonic should have to jump on top of his head or something. M. Sonic should use homing attack, boost, and quickstep to dodge Eggman's blows.

Time Eater

Well this might not be the right place to put this, but the cutscene showing the reveal of the Time Eater I would like to just share my ideal cutscene if you don't mind...(don't worry, I'll get to the boss)

The Reveal of the Time Eater (Hopefully Alex Kidd in my case) and then the revealing of his plan. After that C. Sonic and M. go Super to the sound of "Requiem for a Dream" because it instantly makes anything awesome 5 times more awesome. Don't believe me? Look at this...

See?

As for the boss fight itself (sorry 'bout that, just had to share that) I would like for the setting to be just a blank white screen with re-collections of old photos and pictures of Sonic/Sonic games over the years. And the Time Eater laughing like a phsyco in the background (it would be kind of humorous in this case if it WERE Alex)...

And that's it.

I just had an idea. What if for the Perfect Chaos fight, Sonic gets a surfboard or uses debris as a surfboard?

My guess is that Silver is the boss of Spagonia and Shadow is the boss of hmmmmm maybe Crisis City?

Also I am pretty sure that Perfect Chaos will be a Super Sonic boss. Fighting Perfect Chaos with normal Sonic would just be weird!!

Edited by !Unholy!

My guess is that Silver is the boss of Spagonia and Shadow is the boss of hmmmmm maybe Crisis City?

Also I am pretty sure that Perfect Chaos will be a Super Sonic boss. Fighting Perfect Chaos with normal Sonic would just be weird!!

Shadow is a 'rival boss' of the Dreamcast area(City Escape) and Silver of the modern area(Crisis City).

Metal Sonic is already a rival boss of the Classic area.

Shadow is a 'rival boss' of the Dreamcast area(City Escape) and Silver of the modern area(Crisis City).

Metal Sonic is already a rival boss of the Classic area.

Wow I'm just reading my post and realizing what an epic fail it was D: . I'm blonde so its ok ^^! I'm having a blonde moment xD

Here's what I think the Death Egg will be like. It will be the second longest boss in the game (losing this title to the Time Eater). The battle starts at the end of Sky Sanctuary. When Classic and Modern Sonic jump off the crumbling tower like they did in Sonic 3&K. The battle starts off as classic Sonic as you fight silver sonic, only thing that makes this different from the original fight is that right before you fight him sonic will run through a short room that has 6 rings and a ring box.

After you defeat SS, you will run to the great egg robo, the fight is exactly like the original. After you defeat the robot, a newer model will appear and you will fight it as modern sonic. The boss fight is similar to the final boss of sonic 4.

After you defeat him, both Eggmans will run off and you will have to chase both of them as Modern sonic. You will chase them as Modern Sonic as you knock their badniks at their eggmobiles at high speeds. When their getaway vehicles are damaged they will jump out and run into a room. There you will fight Classic Eggman as classic sonic. The fight is similar to the mini boss of Death egg act 1. Only difference is instead off that eye thing in the middle it will be Classic Eggman in a metal capsule. When you defeat that boss it's time to move on to the great egg robo from sonic 3&K. After you defeat that portion of the boss it's time to finish things off with modern sonic. The boss fight will be in 2d at first and you will fight the robot just like you did in the orginal. After you land half the hits required to beat him, the fight will switch to 3D. The robot will then fly out in front of you and shoot laser beam from the emerald chamber. Wait until he does the flamethrower nose attack, and then strike the emerald chamber. Repeat this two more times and you will have defeated the death egg boss.

Since several people believe that the Sonics will meet up with classic/generic versions of other characters, would it be that hard to believe that the Eggmans will also alternate between the Hedgies

Hey i just realized something, Time Eater could be The Chaos Emeralds! Think about, Sega might pull a DragonBall GT on us and say that due to the chaos emeralds being overused, negative energy emerged from them, to create an evil being that would destroy Time and Space.

...either that or a giant white time eating Pac-Man.

Hey i just realized something, Time Eater could be The Chaos Emeralds! Think about, Sega might pull a DragonBall GT on us and say that due to the chaos emeralds being overused, negative energy emerged from them, to create an evil being that would destroy Time and Space.

...either that or a giant white time eating Pac-Man.

I also had that idea, and even make a post on another topic.

I'm not sure about it, but I think its an interesting idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmmm...

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Eggman_Robo

"Great Eggman Robo"? Could this be to what the "Egg Robo" files in the demo refer to? Wasn't it something like "new Eggman Robo!" or something in the demo's files? As I recall there were separate mentions of "Egg Robo" (the common enemy in Sky Sanctuary) and something like "New Eggman Robo". I really hope so. xD Having them reuse the Sonic 2 and Sonic 4 last boss would be kind of a bummer to me. I mean I know it'd be remixed and different and stuff but... yeah.

Hmmmm...

"Great Eggman Robo"? Could this be to what the "Egg Robo" files in the demo refer to? Wasn't it something like "new Eggman Robo!" or something in the demo's files? As I recall there were separate mentions of "Egg Robo" (the common enemy in Sky Sanctuary) and something like "New Eggman Robo". I really hope so. xD Having them reuse the Sonic 2 and Sonic 4 last boss would be kind of a bummer to me. I mean I know it'd be remixed and different and stuff but... yeah.

Yeah I'd really rather they took inspiration from that boss as well. A sequence where you fight that version, leading into the Doomsday Zone battle, would be incredible. Although that would require Super Sonic, unless platforms were added.

Edited by Lungo

Hmmmm...

Having them reuse the Sonic 2 and Sonic 4 last boss would be kind of a bummer to me. I mean I know it'd be remixed and different and stuff but... yeah.

Maybe it will be a combination off all the death egg bosses from past games. Silver sonic, s2 egg robo, death egg act 1 boss, death egg act 2 boss, s&k great egg robo. I think that will work. The again read my previous post.

This is the Egg Robo:

Egg+Robo.png

Just a simple badnik for Sky Sanctuary.

Edited by Indigo Rush

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this belongs to this Thread.

Something how Death Egg could look like. ;)

I am still waiting for him to finish this project. Oh and I dont think so. But maybe for this mysterious "Hard Mode" for bosses we will have some extras. Probably just more health for boss but MAYBE Super Transformation for Rivals etc. Nah probably more health.

I am still waiting for him to finish this project. Oh and I dont think so. But maybe for this mysterious "Hard Mode" for bosses we will have some extras. Probably just more health for boss but MAYBE Super Transformation for Rivals etc. Nah probably more health.

I actually meant Death Egg Robo on the preview picture of this Video. :P

I actually meant Death Egg Robo on the preview picture of this Video. :P

Ah. Ok.

I'm feeling pretty good about the bosses and rivals so far, I'm just still curious how they'll work. Due to the confirmation from Famitsu, as well as the lack of dedicated files for the rival battles, it seems like both hedgies will fight the rivals. They could handle it in many ways: a rival battle COULD take place in certain levels, for example Metal Sonic's race through Stardust Speedway DOES bare some resemblance to this game's version of Chemical Plant, so maybe the fight could take place there for both hedgies, since Stardust Speedway was the original setting of the battle. Or, since a lot of these rivals have been fought more than once, maybe it'll take place in different area for each Sonic? For example, maybe Classic Sonic could fight Metal in Chemical Plant, while Modern battles him in Sky Sanctuary? Same could go for the other rivals!

As for the big bosses, those could be pretty cool to see too, depending on how they pull it off. Based on the files, it seems like Classic Sonic will be fighting the epic Great Egg Robo boss from Sonic and Knuckles, while Modern Sonic will fight the other 2. Now, they could go a lot of ways with this. For the Great Egg Robo boss, it could be a faithful recreation of that fight, down to the tee, but maybe with some editions. Like, perhaps instead of simply slamming his fingers down in an attempt to crush Sonic, he could fire them out like missiles. Or perhaps he could fire his laser more than once, to mix things up. But for the most part, it should be a faithful recreation of the original fight, in its 2D glory.

Perfect Chaos should definitely be, again, a rather accurate recreation of the original fight. Modern Sonic could boost over the water, running over debris and quick-stepping to avoid obstacles, as he builds up speed to run into Chaos and cause him damage. They could make it great and keep it 3D, and really take advantage of what the fight has to offer.

Now, for the Egg Dragoon, here's where I'd like to see them mix it up a bit. In the original game, the Werehog fought this guy, so there's no real set blueprint as to how Modern Sonic has to fight him. I say they could do it in a bunch of different ways, but I mainly wanna see it take advantage of both 2D and 3D perspectives, to make it really feel like a well-rounded boss fight that represents how both Sonics play, even though its Modern Sonic who's fighting him. That'd make me happy, anyway.

As for Time Eater, since it's a Super battle, I really hope it's a 2-part fight, starting with Classic Sonic and then switching to Modern Sonic. I hope Classic Sonic's portion of the fight is a recreation of the Doomsday battle, where Super Sonic is guided through space, on rails, and has to move up or down to avoid asteroids while he catches up to the villain, and the only way to damage it is to slam into it. Of course, I'd love for the battle to start with Classic Super Sonic navigating through the asteroids and collecting rings, while the boss appears about a minute into the battle, just like in the original. And for Modern Super Sonic, I'd love to see his section of the fight pay homage to the FinalHazard from Adventure 2, with Super Sonic having to boost into the enemy's weakspots and dodging the enemy's attacks. The controls could work similarly to the opening portion of the Perfect Dark Gaia battle from Unleashed, and maybe there could be a segment where Modern Super Sonic has to dodge asteroids and collect rings as well. Hey, it could work :P

Anyhow, that's how I hope the bosses work, but we'll just have to see what happens! Should be pretty great.

I'm feeling pretty good about the bosses and rivals so far, I'm just still curious how they'll work. Due to the confirmation from Famitsu, as well as the lack of dedicated files for the rival battles, it seems like both hedgies will fight the rivals. They could handle it in many ways: a rival battle COULD take place in certain levels, for example Metal Sonic's race through Stardust Speedway DOES bare some resemblance to this game's version of Chemical Plant, so maybe the fight could take place there for both hedgies, since Stardust Speedway was the original setting of the battle. Or, since a lot of these rivals have been fought more than once, maybe it'll take place in different area for each Sonic? For example, maybe Classic Sonic could fight Metal in Chemical Plant, while Modern battles him in Sky Sanctuary? Same could go for the other rivals!

As for the big bosses, those could be pretty cool to see too, depending on how they pull it off. Based on the files, it seems like Classic Sonic will be fighting the epic Great Egg Robo boss from Sonic and Knuckles, while Modern Sonic will fight the other 2. Now, they could go a lot of ways with this. For the Great Egg Robo boss, it could be a faithful recreation of that fight, down to the tee, but maybe with some editions. Like, perhaps instead of simply slamming his fingers down in an attempt to crush Sonic, he could fire them out like missiles. Or perhaps he could fire his laser more than once, to mix things up. But for the most part, it should be a faithful recreation of the original fight, in its 2D glory.

Perfect Chaos should definitely be, again, a rather accurate recreation of the original fight. Modern Sonic could boost over the water, running over debris and quick-stepping to avoid obstacles, as he builds up speed to run into Chaos and cause him damage. They could make it great and keep it 3D, and really take advantage of what the fight has to offer.

Now, for the Egg Dragoon, here's where I'd like to see them mix it up a bit. In the original game, the Werehog fought this guy, so there's no real set blueprint as to how Modern Sonic has to fight him. I say they could do it in a bunch of different ways, but I mainly wanna see it take advantage of both 2D and 3D perspectives, to make it really feel like a well-rounded boss fight that represents how both Sonics play, even though its Modern Sonic who's fighting him. That'd make me happy, anyway.

As for Time Eater, since it's a Super battle, I really hope it's a 2-part fight, starting with Classic Sonic and then switching to Modern Sonic. I hope Classic Sonic's portion of the fight is a recreation of the Doomsday battle, where Super Sonic is guided through space, on rails, and has to move up or down to avoid asteroids while he catches up to the villain, and the only way to damage it is to slam into it. Of course, I'd love for the battle to start with Classic Super Sonic navigating through the asteroids and collecting rings, while the boss appears about a minute into the battle, just like in the original. And for Modern Super Sonic, I'd love to see his section of the fight pay homage to the FinalHazard from Adventure 2, with Super Sonic having to boost into the enemy's weakspots and dodging the enemy's attacks. The controls could work similarly to the opening portion of the Perfect Dark Gaia battle from Unleashed, and maybe there could be a segment where Modern Super Sonic has to dodge asteroids and collect rings as well. Hey, it could work tongue.gif

Anyhow, that's how I hope the bosses work, but we'll just have to see what happens! Should be pretty great.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Yes, I know it's Stardust Speedway, but an article said that in this game's timeline, it took place in an exploding Chemical Plant, while the boss battle itself paid homage to Stardust Speedway. I'm inclined to believe that, given the similarities both areas have in terms of the same skyline, buildings, and factory-like areas. It's still undeniably Stardust Speedway, but I think they merged both areas to make them flow together for this title.

That's just my thought, anyway; again, I could be wrong and each rival battle simply takes place in its own contained area.

Webber says otherwise. There's no more of a connection between these stages than Speed Highway and City Escape.

Webber says otherwise. There's no more of a connection between these stages than Speed Highway and City Escape.

Not exactly, he said, regarding whether or not they'll be appearing in their original settings, that "you should probably expect that". However, there was an article that was released which says the battle is taking place in an exploding chemical plant for this game, and while the area is a remake of Stardust Speedway, in this title it's connected to Chemical Plant. Just because they're linked doesn't take away from the fact that it IS Stardust Speedway. Which it is.

Again, I could be wrong, but compare the buildings, the skyline, and the general look of the Metal Sonic battle to the recent footage of Chemical Plant. Plus, Stardust Speedway SEEMS to be.. well, exploding. So yeah, at the moment, until I'm proven wrong, I'm going to give credence to the article that was posted before. The article also came with a lot of exclusive new screens of Chemical Plant and the Metal Sonic battle, so yeah, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Edited by EXshad

As for Time Eater, since it's a Super battle, I really hope it's a 2-part fight, starting with Classic Sonic and then switching to Modern Sonic. I hope Classic Sonic's portion of the fight is a recreation of the Doomsday battle, where Super Sonic is guided through space, on rails, and has to move up or down to avoid asteroids while he catches up to the villain, and the only way to damage it is to slam into it. Of course, I'd love for the battle to start with Classic Super Sonic navigating through the asteroids and collecting rings, while the boss appears about a minute into the battle, just like in the original. And for Modern Super Sonic, I'd love to see his section of the fight pay homage to the FinalHazard from Adventure 2, with Super Sonic having to boost into the enemy's weakspots and dodging the enemy's attacks. The controls could work similarly to the opening portion of the Perfect Dark Gaia battle from Unleashed, and maybe there could be a segment where Modern Super Sonic has to dodge asteroids and collect rings as well. Hey, it could work :P

You forgot about 5 free Rival cutscenes wchich can be transitions from one Sonic to other :P

Other than that you have some awsome ideas but I think last boss should have 3 phases. Classic (doomsday kind), modern (Dark Gaia fused with Metal Overlord and Solaris kind like) and last for both (Final Hazard like). For other bosses... I have no idea for now.

• 2 weeks later...

You know since modern sonic is fighting egg dragoon, does anybody think the fight will kind of be like Egg Emporer?