Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I'm just glad we got a demo this early.

The leak was out of nowhere though lol

I just flat out set my 360's date back to 2005 so I can play to my heart's content :)

...will that actually work?

...will that actually work?

Yes, but you have to be offline. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on the PS3 version.

Well, I guess there's nothing to do but wait until we get through this dead zone of info.

Yes, but you have to be offline. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on the PS3 version.

But it works on JailBreak PS3 :)

But it works on JailBreak PS3 :)

Yeah, but if you have jailbroken PS3 chances are you've already done far more interesting things than just extended the demo :P

Yeah, but if you have jailbroken PS3 chances are you've already done far more interesting things than just extended the demo :P

Agree ;) But I played the Modern Sonic act, and thanks Jim and my friend)

Well, I guess there's nothing to do but wait until we get through this dead zone of info.

• Thumbs Up 1

For some reason when I read this I automatically thought about dead line, then imagined a Sonic Generations commercial with this playing in the background:

Doesn't the 360 automatically connect to Xbox Live when you fire up the demo? You literally cannot play it without being connected to Live, regardless of what time or year your console is set to, right?

And if you ARE automatically connected to Live, it'll change the time you set back to the one they have on Live. So... no way to escape the end of the demo, surely?

Which reminds me. I started messing around with the standard demo (no hacked versions for me!) and, well, wow. It's beautiful! So much depth that I completely missed every other time I ran through trying to be quick about it. Almost a shame that that level of detail will just be rushed past by everybody, huh? Sonic's waiting and balancing animations are really cool too- it's nice to see they kept the fact that he has at least 2 balancing ones, although a backwards balance seems to be missing. Or, well, I couldn't trigger it. His waiting animation changes slightly depending on which direction you're facing when you stop. If you face to the left, he goes through the usual tapping foot and then thumbs to the right and raises his eyebrows.

But man, there's so much emotion to the guy! And I never really expected him to look that... angry about being stood still. See for yourself- that is one pissed looking hedgehog. Almost moreso than Shadow.

Doesn't the 360 automatically connect to Xbox Live when you fire up the demo? You literally cannot play it without being connected to Live, regardless of what time or year your console is set to, right?

And if you ARE automatically connected to Live, it'll change the time you set back to the one they have on Live. So... no way to escape the end of the demo, surely?

Which reminds me. I started messing around with the standard demo (no hacked versions for me!) and, well, wow. It's beautiful! So much depth that I completely missed every other time I ran through trying to be quick about it. Almost a shame that that level of detail will just be rushed past by everybody, huh? Sonic's waiting and balancing animations are really cool too- it's nice to see they kept the fact that he has at least 2 balancing ones, although a backwards balance seems to be missing. Or, well, I couldn't trigger it. His waiting animation changes slightly depending on which direction you're facing when you stop. If you face to the left, he goes through the usual tapping foot and then thumbs to the right and raises his eyebrows.

But man, there's so much emotion to the guy! And I never really expected him to look that... angry about being stood still. See for yourself- that is one pissed looking hedgehog. Almost moreso than Shadow.

Sonic taps his feet, crosses his arms and check his watch when he's facing left but when he facing right, he does the same thing except he later points to the right like he's telling the player to get moving. He's so cute. :D

EDIT: I was playing it around some more after that and I've found out that he has another idle animation! When you're facing left, Sonic jerks his thumb to the right like he wants to go that way the same way he was when he's facing right and points to the right.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's why I'm excited^. he's got the whole mood and everything, but the only thing I don't like is he controls like a ball of lead. lol

but yeah. 7 more minutes until july 12th. :)

has anybody let him idle fore 3 minuets to see what happens???

maybe thats their refrence to Sonic CD.

has anybody let him idle fore 3 minuets to see what happens???

maybe thats their refrence to Sonic CD.

Someone on here waiting a full freaking 99mins just to see what happens. I think he said something about a random animation but I'm not going back like 40 pages...or looking through this forum to find it. To much work.

Nah, nothing happens, the clock stops at 99:99:99 and that's that.

Dusk Golem did the test.

well its july 12th did the modern demo come out?

Nope I don't think Modern is going to be unlocked tbh but best off waiting till tomorrow since the demo will end at 00:00am tonight

There has been no word of a modern demo, and it certainly isn't going to be automatically unlocked when the Classic demo runs out.

You can turn automatic sign-in off in the settings.

Guys, the next storybook game is obviously going to be Of Mice and Men. Sonic will George be and Big the Cat will be Lennie. It's already in production.

Nah, Knuckles would make a better George.

Then again....Knuckles would make a better Curley. Shadow would be George. Rouge would be Curley's wife.

Maybe Sonic could be Slim, and Eggman as Candy.

Edited by Yeow95
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic taps his feet, crosses his arms and check his watch when he's facing left but when he facing right, he does the same thing except he later points to the right like he's telling the player to get moving. He's so cute. :D

check his watch when he's facing left but when he facing right

check his watch when he's facing left

check his watch

his watch

watch

Since when did he have a watch?

Oh well....

Must get that watch NOW.

Anyway, I hope the next demo will have the shield box because this is what I want to see.

I'm still wondering wich console to buy between 360 or PS3 so i'll have to get more info with the video and some console spec infomation before I buy one.

Also I hope we'll get more video of the 3DS version, high quality ones preferably.

Nah, Knuckles would make a better George.

Then again....Knuckles would make a better Curley. Shadow would be George. Rouge would be Curley's wife.

Maybe Sonic could be Slim, and Eggman as Candy.

More like Silver should be Curley and his wife would be Blaze. That way when Big the Cat murders here, no one would care

Edited by UltraEd12

It's probably just a coincident but the demo ends today which is tuesday and the PSN store updates every tuesday...