Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

That's the same list we had since the E3 press-listings with the exact same games having the exact same release schedules, so it doesn't really prove anything.

• Thumbs Up 6

That said, I do hope we get the launch details before too soon. I'd like to get the system with Pikmin and NSMBU mainly, but with also ASRT and AC3 if the special editions are available on the platform too.

Edited by Blue Blood

I hope more developers "spill the beans" about their Wii-U games, because it's really stupid that Nintendo won't allow anyone but themselves talk about Wii-U games. And they're not doing a fantastic job at that either. "Wii-U will change the world blah blah blah" Yeah we've heard this for a year, can you tell us about the games now?

They're slowly allowing more publishers to talk about their games. ONM's new issue that came out yesterday and various websites today have previews for EA's FIFA 13, which turns out to actually be more of a FIFA 12.5 :-/

http://www.officialn...ns-on-sale-now/

http://www.eurogamer...-parity-at-last

Screenshots:

http://www.officialn...mepad-features/

Also, it's going to be a launch game.

http://www.officialn...-u-launch-game/

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a pretty nice lineup, I'm VERY excited! I don't mind if the games don't all come out at the exact same time, just as long as they're pretty close to launch. I don't want to go THAT broke buying a system and five or six games.

That's a pretty good launch lineup. Though if Pikmin 3 isn't a launch game (or at least very close), then I probably won't buy a Wii U day one. That and Rayman Legends are the games I really think are worth getting a Wii U for. P-100 too, but I know little about it, and I want it to stay that way so it can surprise me.

If NSMBU ends up being like super-duper fun, then I might get it on launch day. If not, I'll wait for Pikmin or Rayman.

It almost feels like it'd be a crime to be even slightly positive in this thread (the last page was a total downer, if only because some points were actually valid), but I like that line-up. Depending on what happens with Uni, I may bite and get the console on launch.

• Thumbs Up 6

NSMBU (on the grounds that it's superior to it's predecessors, ESPECIALLY NSMB2 and has online), Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Rayman Origins, and to a small extent NintendoLand. Otherwise, not really interested in the launch lineup.

Mass Effect 3 confirmed to be a launch title

Elsewhere in the post, BioWare confirmed that the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 will be a launch title for Nintendo's upcoming platform.

The Wii U version will contain all new controls tailored to the console, bonus DLC including the extended cut of the ending, and an interactive back story bringing new players up to speed in the Mass Effect universe while allowing them to make important decisions along the way.

http://www.eurogamer...-3-dlc-detailed

A Gamestop manager accidentally spilled the beans and revealed the wii-U Launch Line-up. Holiday means it's a Launch title, while Launch Window means from a few weeks to a few months after Launch.

Oh wow, only game I want during the launch day is NSMBU, looks like I'm not getting the Wii-U on launch.

Seriously Nintendo, why is Pikmin 3, Project P-100 not available on Launch? And I was kinda hoping Rayman Legends would be launch too Ubisoft. Well let's hope these titles are available soon after the Launch, and not in January or February.

I hope more developers "spill the beans" about their Wii-U games, because it's really stupid that Nintendo won't allow anyone but themselves talk about Wii-U games. And they're not doing a fantastic job at that either. "Wii-U will change the world blah blah blah" Yeah we've heard this for a year, can you tell us about the games now?

The list is outdated. New games have been announced for launch since then.

By the way, how is taking a picture and uploading it "accidentally"? tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

You know with the whole ports on launch day thing actually being a straight-faced supposed "strong point", I have to wonder whether or not Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii U will end up being the first instance of a ported re-release game that might actually be a selling point the Wii U should be proud of.

Because that game was so bad that if the new version actually fixes all of it's flaws, it might be the first time I actually find a launch-day port a good investment. There was no reason for the game to be that fucking terrible.

Yeeeeeaaahhhh no. I'm not getting a Wii U at launch. Only games I want for it are Pikmin 3, Zombi U and maybe NSMBU, and the console really doesn't interest me even after this year's E3. =[ And if half of these games don't have online, I have to ask you Nintendo...

Why is there online in the first place? Why do you want to excell in your online network, if you barely have any games that support it?

That's bollocks!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo needs to fire whoever is incharge of their online department and get some people who will push for online to be a forfront. Also with respect to mainstream Mario games Miyamoto needs to stop being narrow minded to online. I will be bottom dollar that the only online push for NSMBU is that tip bubble that appears on the world map.

Trine 2 is coming to Wii U as a launch title and is going to feature a new four player mode, and 6 new levels.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Nintendo needs to fire whoever is incharge of their online department and get some people who will push for online to be a forfront. Also with respect to mainstream Mario games Miyamoto needs to stop being narrow minded to online. I will be bottom dollar that the only online push for NSMBU is that tip bubble that appears on the world map.

Yeah, you know I love Miyamoto, but I feel like him and the rest of the Japanese developers at Nintendo are starting to suffer from their age. They're at that point where they don't want to do the incredible risks they did in the 80s and 90s, especially with their already established large franchises.

Yeah, you know I love Miyamoto, but I feel like him and the rest of the Japanese developers at Nintendo are starting to suffer from their age. They're at that point where they don't want to do the incredible risks they did in the 80s and 90s, especially with their already established large franchises.

You're not the only one who thinks that Miyamoto and Sakamoto past his prime? Thank God. Aonuma, Fujibayashi, Sakurai and all the other young developers are really trying to change the scope. XD

Wasn't the wii like this with launch games though. It's always later at least a year that they start to have games for the veteran nintendo fans.

Seems like Nintendo's strategy is to drive sales with casual titles in the beginning, and then start catering to the hardcore fanbase later for the most part, kinda like they did for the Wii.

Which kinda goes against the fact that they claimed this console was for core gamers......oh well, awesome games will most likley come eventually. Still a decent launch lineup though.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Madden NFL 13 for the Wii U isn't going to support the new physics engine that PS360 will have.

EA does it again!

Edit: Wii U, not Wii.

Edited by Autosaver

The yellow kind of needs to go though.

PlZyv.jpg

Though I don't mind the yellow. I would prefer white or something else. Also I'm not too keen on that baby-blue color. Looks nice though.

I like the look of that box art style. The design is similar to the Gamecube's which, even if only psychologically, makes me feel as if this is going to be a more hardcore-targeted console, but in all honesty I'm just glad they didn't just reuse the Wii box art and simply put the Wii U logo where the Wii logo usually is. This is a brand new console after all, and Nintendo needs to make that as blatant as possible, especially after all the DS/3DS confusion.

• Thumbs Up 2

With the new Blu-Ray-like medium, I was expecting smaller cases like Blu-Rays and PS3 games.

These look pretty nice, though.

If the cases are blue, then that's cool with me. It's just the yellow that's iffy.

Spine shot.

lnMGr.png

From this angle it looks kind of cool. Reminds me a bit of Vita's casings.

Where's that from?

Edit: Nevermind, it's from Target.com

Edited by MarcelloF