Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Iwata "Confronts" Wii-U Trolls

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/iwata-attacks-nintendo-trolls/099012?

Satoru Iwata says internet trolling regarding Wii U has a damaging effect on the company. Iwata was most likely referring to a number of unconfirmed reports that suggested that Wii U is about as powerful as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Iwata says Nintendo is powerless to stop negative campaigns on the internet, in which false opinions are deliberately posted to ruin the reputation of a product.

“There have recently been negative campaigns on the internet in which false opinions are deliberately posted to ruin the reputation of a product. Such vicious rumours are a big problem and could be considered business interference.”

“It is very difficult to tell consumers’ real complaints from those that are posted as part of a negative campaign.”“If we were to delete anything negative about our games, it could constitute a suppression of free speech and you would not able to believe in even a good reputation. Luckily, those who are engaged just to be engaged in negative campaigns are in fact just a fraction of all users.”

Which is ironic considering this next bit of news

Microsoft says Wii-U is effectively a 360 (graphically)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-04-wii-u-is-effectively-a-360-says-microsoft?

wii_u_pro_controller_xbox_360.jpg?w=584&h=243

Spencer believes, that with Wii U, Nintendo is ”building a platform that is effectively a 360 when you think of graphical capability.” Spencer also claims that Wii U will receive plenty ports of games that are available on the Xbox 360 because of its Wii U Pro Controller “that feels familiar for 360 gamers.”

“Now they are really making an on-ramp for the back catalog of games that are on 360. It is easy for those games to move over to the Wii U. They’ve moved the buttons around, and they’ve made a controller that feels familiar for 360 gamers, so I get why they are putting those pieces together.”

Nintendo Can't Promise Online Will Always Be Free

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/04/nintendo-cant-promise-all-wii-u-online-services-will-be-free/

Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata says that Nintendo can’t promise that it will always provide a free online service in the future.

“We cannot promise that Nintendo will always provide you with online services free of charge no matter how deep the experiences are that it may provide.

“But at least we are not thinking of asking our consumers to pay money to just casually get access to our ordinary online services.”

“We have a wide variety of consumers, from the ones who enthusiastically play video games to those playing more casually, who are not always interested in them but try to play a game only when it has become a public topic or play it just during certain periods, like a year-end season and summer vacation,” he said.

“We therefore believe that services which ask our consumers to obtain paid memberships are not always the best.”

Nintendoga, you seem to put up a lot of bad Wii U news, especially stuff that doesn't really seem relevant. The Microsoft news is just stupid. It's another company slandering another company, why should we care?

• Thumbs Up 6

Nintendoga, you seem to put up a lot of bad Wii U news, especially stuff that doesn't really seem relevant. The Microsoft news is just stupid. It's another company slandering another company, why should we care?

It's Wii-U news, they are talking about the Wii-U and it's relevant because this is a Wii-U topic. Not everything is going to be positive, and especially after Nintendo's E3, there's going to be alot of negative news as well. You can't always just show positive news and pretend there isn't anything bad going on as well.

Besides, look at the last page, New Shantae, Might Switch Force HD, Wii-U free online, Price/Release date to be revealed soon,

Tons of good news

It's Wii-U news, they are talking about the Wii-U and it's relevant because this is a Wii-U topic. Not everything is going to be positive, and especially after Nintendo's E3, there's going to be alot of negative news as well. You can't always just show positive news and pretend there isn't anything bad going on as well.

Besides, look at the last page, New Shantae, Might Switch Force HD, Wii-U free online, Price/Release date to be revealed soon,

Tons of good news

It's one thing for there to be bad and good news, but why is it that you post Microsoft slandering Nintendo, that has little bearing of news and just seems pointless slander that all companies pull.

It's one thing for there to be bad and good news, but why is it that you post Microsoft slandering Nintendo, that has little bearing of news and just seems pointless slander that all companies pull.

Because it shows Microsoft's and other companies view on the Wii-U.

Besides nothing to rag on about, just some ordinary news like the others.

Edited by Nintendoga

Still a related article relevant to the current discussion. But if we're going to ignore "slander" articles then it's only fair we get rid of the defensive ones too, which are just as asinine most of the time tongue.png

It's just the usual PR stunts. Who gives a fuck.

Yeah, out of those 3 stories the one that could really be considered some kind of news, rather than PR blather, is the possibility that Nintendo Network might go the PSN approach.

I would be okay with Nintendo adopting a PSN-style approach, particularly if it differs from it in that if you get a 'free' game on the premium service and your subscription runs out, the freebies you downloaded don't suddenly revert to demos like massively annoying cock-teases. If they're going to offer freebies for subscribers, I don't expect to have them yanked out of my hands the second times get a bit hard and I have to drop the premium payments for a while. If I download a full game, free or no, I consider it mine to keep, not theirs.

So what you want is an easily exploitable service to get full games for less than a quarter of their values? Sorry pal, not happening. Nintendo's the one that does the exploiting and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

This is the company that in 2012 still hasn't developed a proper online infrastructure for their hardware and puts an use limit on demos. It'll be a fucking christmas miracle if whatever they make for the WiiU is worth paying for, let alone be something not designed to get as much money possible from the users.

And for the record I don't consider XBL worth the cash either. Paying $60 a year so that someone flips a switch and I can use the shitty p2p matchmaking the game has on the internet I'm already paying for? Get out!

• Thumbs Up 1

So what you want is an easily exploitable service to get full games for less than a quarter of their values? Sorry pal, not happening. Nintendo's the one that does the exploiting and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

I only ever said if, as in if Nintendo takes a PSN-style approach I'd like x, y and z to happen. God only knows what they'll actually wind up doing.

Camelot Wants To Make A Donkey Kong 64 Sequel

Camelot has worked on a few Mario titles, such as Mario Tennis Open, and the developer wants to work with another Nintendo character. Camelot president Hiroyuki Takahashi revealed that he wants to develop a new Donkey Kong game. Takahashi is apparently a fan of Donkey Kong 64, for the Nintendo 64, and “would love to make a sequel to it.”

Should Camelot work on the Donkey Kong franchise, or should it be left for Retro Studios?

http://mynintendonew...kong-64-sequel/

I'd definitely want them to. I love DK64 and I'd love another 3D Donkey Kong game. Camelot's a good developer so I'd trust them with it.

I wasn't really sure where I should post this. Thought this would be the best place, as it's not a rumour or actually being made by them. We should have a general Nintendo (And other companies) or gaming news thread.

Edited by MarcelloF

I wasn't really sure where I should post this. Thought this would be the best place, as it's not a rumour or actually being made by them. We should have a general Nintendo (And other companies) or gaming news thread.

Oh come on!

Like nobody sees this in the computer games? Daw.

Edited by Nintendoga

I only ever said if, as in if Nintendo takes a PSN-style approach I'd like x, y and z to happen. God only knows what they'll actually wind up doing.

Hoping against all odds for near impossible events to happen is commendable, I'll give you that. Personally I'd rather direct my wishing towards more likely and interesting endeavours, such as getting pet velociraptors.

But it's cool.

There used to be separate company-related threads but megathreads get bulky and are hard to search for specific news, so they're gone now.

Hoping against all odds for near impossible events to happen is commendable, I'll give you that. Personally I'd rather direct my wishing towards more likely and interesting endeavours, such as getting pet velociraptors.

But it's cool.

I found the fuss over MS's disparagement of the WiiU to be rather amusing, actually. Come ON, people, did you really expect Microsoft to jump up and down saying 'Wow! The competitor's product is SO MUCH better than ours we think everyone should wait til Christmas and buy one of those, instead of buying our machine right now!' I realize that MS does in fact always acknowledge that Apple's quality is so much better than theirs, but did you really expect them to help out main rival Nintendo? And yet all the media was posting it like MS was the gold standard of unbiased judgement and it was unthinkable that they might scoff at a competing product unless it really was that bad.

Yes, I know, they can't put it on the internet if it's not true. Sigh.

(I sincerely hope the folks here are smart enough to realize that very little of the above post is serious - or even true!)

Your Wii-U and 3DS will have share an account system

http://www.gonintend...story&id=180736

A unified account system will be implemented later this year with the launch of the Wii U. Eventually this same account system will be made compatible with Nintendo 3DS systems. At this time we have no additional details to offer and nothing to indicate how or if this will work outside the United States and Canada. In the meantime, if the system has a problem, taking it to an Authorized Service Center will maintain the Nintendo eShop account. If the system is stolen, we can transfer the account to a new system once we are provided with a valid police report.

Of course, you asked this question because of the upcoming launch of New Super Mario Bros. 2 in retail and digital formats. What you need to know is that the digital format will only be available in the United States and Canada. We have nothing to announce regarding Latin American availability. NoC customer service member, David Marshall

Wii-U will support headset from day 1

http://mynintendonew...s-from-day-one/

Lygo International, manufacturers of gaming headsets, have confirmed that they are “planning a line of headsets slated to tie in with the Wii U launch.” The Wii U GamePad includes built-in speakers and an embedded microphone for online communication but separate headsets are a welcome addition, especially for gamers who prefer using the Wii U Pro Controller.

Please forgive me if this news is not important enough or positive enough to be in this topic.

lol.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm cool with this news.

I like the way 3DS e-Shop works and always thought the Wii was really lacking without a real headset.

Wii-U and 3DS will have same e-shop design?

... So am I the only one who can't stand the 3DS' e-shop design? It's cluttered and annoying to find things.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hah, who wants a normal menu? I far prefer a selection of a few randomly made, changed, and helpful sections like "Games starting with Z".

Edited by Ekaje

... So am I the only one who can't stand the 3DS' e-shop design? It's cluttered and annoying to find things.

• Thumbs Up 7

Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funy Nintendoga l, but at least it isn't fake news this time.

I guess this same menu set up will be good for consistency, but I didn't care for the e-shop menu too much.

Headset support. That's good and all, but it doesn't seem like a big deal. A bigger deal would be if the U didn't support it.

Sent from iPod.

Miyamoto's top two franchises he wants on Wii-U is Starfox and Metroid!

http://mynintendonew...r-fox-on-wii-u/

“With Metroid it’s very easy to imagine some interesting implementation for Wii U. I think that having another screen with the gyro built in really gives you a lot of interesting opportunities for development, and we can bring a lot of our games to life in a completely unique way with that.”

“I feel like the possibilities of the GamePad for Metroid could be really fantastic,” Miyamoto told me at a different point in our conversation. “There’s certainly a lot that you could do there for that game.”

We need a new Starfox and Metroid and hell even F-Zero. These probably are being worked on right now, as two weeks ago Nintendo said they were working on new games for old franchises and new IP's on the Wii-U. http://mynintendonew...ames-for-wii-u/

Edited by Nintendoga

Suh-weet! If Miyamoto's keen on getting them onto the Wii U, they're sure to put in at least one appearance each, if not a couple.