Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I agree with this one's guy comment on that page... how can something be delayed/postponed when it wasn't even given a release date to begin with?

Internally at Nintendo, a release date or month had probably been decided by now. I'm planning to get the U at launch, so this is super lame news to me.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Releasing it during the holidays would be awesome for me, as it'll launch closer to when I get enough money to buy it.

It also means that "LAUNCH WINDOW" games will be finished by then. Instead of waiting a possible week or two later, it might be available right on launch day.

Now that I've got a full-time job, I'll actually be able to afford one of the damn things. I can't wait for Pikmin 3, Game and Wario, ZombiU, and Mario Bros. U.

I was wondering what they'd end up calling them... Seems like a good enough word to use; Achievements, Trophies and Accomplishments. Nice.

I hope they are as ever-present as on the 360 and PS3. I like having them around.

I just hope that "Accomplishments" completely replace unlockable content.

Something that seriously pissed me off about this generation.

I just hope that "Accomplishments" completely replace unlockable content.

Something that seriously pissed me off about this generation.

Um, what do you mean by "unlockable content"?

What else? Levels, costumes, extra characters, etc.

Really? You've got a problem with that sort of unlockable content? I can't even begin to understand that. It's all about replay value and giving you something to strive for that actually rewards you. Achievements are total bull and I can't stand them, but general unlockables are a good thing.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Really? You've got a problem with that sort of unlockable content? I can't even begin to understand that. It's all about replay value and giving you something to strive for that actually rewards you. Achievements are total bull and I can't stand them, but general unlockables are a good thing.

That's what I'm talking about. the stuff I listed was just examples off the top of my head.

Achievements don't replace unlockable content. The games that don't have aby wouldn't have had it with or without Achievements.

Aside from that, I honestly don't get the hate for them.

That's what I'm talking about. the stuff I listed was just examples off the top of my head.

Now I'm totally confused...

Achievements/Trophies(/Accomplishments presumably) = Nothing but bragging rights

Unlockables = More content

Neither is going to be scrapped. The first because they're an easy way to draw people into games without really adding anything, the second because they legitimately give players more to do.

Pretty sure he meant he hopes that Accomplishments don't completely replace unlockable content.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

None of the games of this generation that I've played had unlockables. Only Tales of Graces did.

Hell, even last generation i rarely saw games with unlockable stuff.

Maybe I just have shitty luck. Nevermind.

Pretty sure he meant he hopes that Accomplishments don't completely replace unlockable content.

Well that would at least make sense.

And yes Solkia, you've had shitty luck, cause it sounds like you've played nothing this Generation.

Okay this has been killing me for ages. What was the original context that lead to Valve being the first tag for this topic. I cannot remember at all. Like I can't even remember any particular noteworthy comments they had about it other than a general "ooh looks interesting".

Okay this has been killing me for ages. What was the original context that lead to Valve being the first tag for this topic. I cannot remember at all. Like I can't even remember any particular noteworthy comments they had about it other than a general "ooh looks interesting".

That was pretty much it. Rumors at the time indicated that they were very interested in the platform, and we took those rumors and extrapolated them into "OMG HL3 on Wii U OMG OMG" or something equally delirious.

Interesting that the Australian stuff only shows the white Wii U/accessories. I saw the local promos in GameStop last weekend and they only show the black one. I wonder if they're planning on releasing different colors at launch depending on location.