Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Oh man, they better not be teasing and actually have something in store in the near future, D;. This is great news though, kinda makes me look forward to the console a bit more.

Nintendoland DLC: Samus' Maternity Leave and Starfox Puppet Show minigames, confirmed.

cool_f.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Going on to the Account System thing last page, turns out that was a mistake, The Wii-U's E-shop design is still unknown. Fixed it.

The Wii-U and 3DS are both getting account systems (ala XBL and PSN) and you can share your data between them. That means if your 3DS breaks you can call Nintendo or look on your Wii-U and transfer your old account to the new one. Same with Wii-U.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

Nintendoland DLC: Samus' Maternity Leave and Starfox Puppet Show minigames, confirmed.

cool_f.gif

Paper Star Fox.

It'd be godly.

Freakin' finally with that. It's a tad bit annoying that you had to rely on Nintendo's repair service to restore your data when repairing it. That was a crapshoot, with things sometimes going horribly wrong.

So when Miyamoto wants Starfox on WiiU... that means Retro isn't making one, right? D:

Considering everyone and their grandmother is damn near positive that Retro's working on Star Fox and the demand is insanely high, I'd imagine Nintendo would have commented on it by now if the rumors were false. It's only a matter of time until it gets announced.

... Then again, that updated port they tried to sell as a remake didn't sell too well if I remember correctly, so hopefully that doesn't discourage them. :C

Miyamoto's top two franchises he wants on Wii-U is Starfox and Metroid!

http://mynintendonew...r-fox-on-wii-u/

We need a new Starfox and Metroid and hell even F-Zero. These probably are being worked on right now, as two weeks ago Nintendo said they were working on new games for old franchises and new IP's on the Wii-U. http://mynintendonew...ames-for-wii-u/

Er, where does he even mention Starfox?

Er, where does he even mention Starfox?

Click on the link

EDIT: Ironically I wouldn't trust Miyamoto when he talks of Starfox. Anybody remember back when he said he'd like to see a Starfox game on the Wii?

We all know how that turned out.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please let it be true! It's about high time we get a brand new Starfox title! I know Starfox 64 3D didn't sell too well, but I'm not giving up hope. It must be the franchise that Retro is working on, which would be EPIC.

As for a new Metroid...as long as it's not developed by Team Ninja and doesn't have a soppy storyline, I'll be happy! Poor Metroid series needs a proper Anniversary too, and never got one. 8(

Click on the link

EDIT: Ironically I wouldn't trust Miyamoto when he talks of Starfox. Anybody remember back when he said he'd like to see a Starfox game on the Wii?

We all know how that turned out.

I did, but in his quote there's no mention of Starfox. They just say he wants it and than show the quote where there's no mention of it.

I posed this question to him as a hypothetical: “How would I get the downloaded games from my 3DS to a new 3DS if the old system was stolen?”

“Typically, it’s not possible,” Rob told me. “In the case of a stolen system, the only way we could do it is if you registered your 3DS. Like if you signed up for Club Nintendo. We’d have to be able to confirm the serial number.” Because, apparently, tying your credit-card info to the system is not enough for some reason.

So much bullshit right there. This is why we need an account system for the 3DS and Wii-U! Even the author admits how much more simplier it is with PSN and XBL,

Sony allows each of its customers to activate a PlayStation Network ID on up to two systems (including both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita) at any one time. If a user already has two devices attached to a PSN account, then the company provides a way to decommission one on its website.

Microsoft does something similar with the Xbox 360. When no other profile is signed in, the Xbox Live system provides a “download profile” option.

Both Sony and Microsoft simply required a username and password to make a person’s games and downloadable content available on a new system. No police report required.

Why wouldn’t Nintendo emulate these perfectly reasonable methods? It’s possible that the Nintendo Network still won’t utilize account profiles and that purchases won’t be tied to a single user-and-password combo. It’s also possible that the Japanese company is just being unnecessarily overcautious.

In the state that I'm playing my 3DS on the public bus and some guy just snatches it out of my hand and runs off the bus at full speed. So basically now he has my 3DS profile, all those games where you have to talk about yourself, people on my friends lists, and all those games I downloaded, including the ambassador games. So I can get a new 3DS, but I'm pretty much out of luck, I can't download my games again and I'm out of money.

What if I didn't register my 3DS on Club Nintendo? What if I don't know my Serial number? So you're just gonna sit there on the phone and tell me you can't recover anything acting like it's my fault, when your online system has the advancements and technological process created by a 5 year old?

I thought they were gonna change their ways, but it's very clear to me right now that they still don't take online seriously.

Anyways forget about that stuff, I'll just post some things for now.

Nintendo responds to Microsoft's "Wii-U is a 360 and the Wii-U pro Controller copying 360 Controller" claim

http://mynintendonew...ectively-a-360/

“The Wii U Pro Controller is an enhanced version of the Classic Controller Pro that has been designed specially to work with the Wii U console. It simply offers another way to play and more options for developers use. We do not compare ourselves to the other consoles.”

Starfox Creator says he'd like to go back and expand the story

“I like to work on a variety of games, or life gets a little boring! Star Fox is a great world and series of characters, and one day I’d definitely like to go back to it and expand it further.”

Square Talks about Wii-U (It's long but interesting)

“If you look at the recent Nintendo platforms, the DS, 3DS and the Wii, it seems like they are trying to avoid aligning too much with Sony’s and Microsoft’s strategies. They are trying to take a different path, a different perspective on things. The type of entertainment they provide focuses not so much on graphics or immersion, but more on high-quality and innovative gameplay. They try to be different, they try to find a different market and they try to solve problems that they perceive as being the most important to solve today. So yeah, Microsoft and Sony are trying to solve different sets of problems. Their focus from a consumer perspective is completely different.”

“I strongly believe that the Wii U is going to provide new ways of interacting with games and there is definitely a community out there that is interested in that. Now there will definitely be another community that won’t be too interested in this, and will be interested more in Hollywood blockbuster type of games with cinematic gameplay experiences.”

“So really I think that if I take a step back on this, I think it is one of the best times for consumers. Today, you can play on iOS, the web, the 360, PS3, Wii, Vita and so many other platforms. Because of the differences, they get a wide variety of experiences. I think it has probably never been as great as today to be a video game player and Nintendo is helping to bring this variety. We saw on the Wii that they helped broaden the market and it benefits everyone. iOS is helping to broaden that market as well. Maybe in five or six years these players will be hardcore players. I would say that all the work Apple and Nintendo are doing today to broaden the market will be one day beneficial to Sony and Microsoft. I hope the new platforms that Sony and Microsoft are making will choose different directions to offer even more variety and diversity for gamers.”

First free to play game confirmed by Virtual Toys

Our strategy for the future in the F2P [Free-To-Play] business is not only to be there just because we want to be in the F2P area, but also because we want to make games that are quite ahead what you can find in the market right now.”

“In that way we’ve developed a new title which is technologically and graphically state-of-the-art in F2P games. This game is multiplatform (PS3, PS Vita, Wii U, PC, browser) and also in terms of gameplay it’s a different and unique experience on consoles or PC. It’s a really, really big project.”

Tekken producer says Wii-U processing speed is low when compared to PS3/360

http://mynintendonew...ion-3-xbox-360/

“As far as graphical processing and such, it’s not much of an issue. But as far as the CPU goes, the clock is kinda low.

“I guess they’re [Nintendo] trying to keep power consumption down so we have to come up with creative ways to get around that and that’s taking a little bit of time.”

“For example on PS3 it was kind of difficult at first, but if you made good use of the different cores, you could split up the processing tasks and you could achieve very good effects. But this is kind of a different issue than that.”

He also mentions that two screen for Wii-U can be difficult, not distracting

Capcom has unannounced Digital Projects for Wii-U

Edited by Nintendoga

So its underclocked....

It shouldn't be too much of an issue, the actual CPU and GPU cores should technically be better than the PS360. I wonder how much of an effect the clockspeed will have on games.

5th Cell says the Wii-U is Definitley More Powerful then 360/PS3

http://www.videogame...enauts_dev.html

The Wii U is “definitely more powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It’s kind of frustrating to see the rumours and speculation of people going back and forth saying it’s weaker or more powerful. It’s definitely more powerful.”

“I think we were one of the first developers to see the Wii U.”

“Nintendo came to our studio and demoed it to us. A couple of weeks later Warner Bros. got to see it, and we said we should do this. This game was originally a Wii title but later moved to Wii U. It’s been about two years in development.”

Honestly I don't even know who to believe. Some devs are saying it's not as powerful, some say certain aspects are worse then the 360/PS3, some say it's 50% more powerful, others say 25%.

I wish Nintendo would end all this nonsense and tell us what the true specs and power is for the Wii-U.

Epic says Unreal Engine 4 on Wii-U is possible

Epic Games doesn’t intend “to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but the engine could run on Nintendo’s upcoming console “if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game” to the hardware.

“We have Unreal Engine 3 running on Wii U.

You saw games at the Nintendo press conference again this year – a fantastic demo by our friends at Warner Bros. showing Arkham City running on Wii U. And Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming on Wii U, that’s also Unreal. There’s, I’m sure, several others. Mass Effect was announced for it as well. So we’re certainly playing a role there with Unreal Engine 3.

“I’ll state that I don’t think it’s our intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be supremely scalable.

“We’ll run on mobile phones and on a wide variety of things, so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could. But Unreal Engine 3 is a really good fit for that platform.”

Oh and there's been confirmation that there will be new third party games shown this fall for the Wii-U.

Edited by Nintendoga

some say certain aspects are worse then the 360/PS3, some say it's 50% more powerful, others say 25%.

Depending on the parts you look at (CPU cores/clock/threads, GPU architecture/video memory, RAM amount/type), none of these are mutually exclusive. They key here is the sum of the parts and how it's used. Wait a little more and let the games do the talking.

Epic Games on WiiU UE4 support:

epic_wiiu.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Epic Games on WiiU UE4 support:

epic_wiiu.jpg

Not surprising, considering Epic Games are the biggest graphics whores on the planet.

Hey guys, Nintendo now has a system that will allow you to recover your data if your console is stolen!

http://venturebeat.c...stolen-systems/

After you give them a police report.

I was robbed in 2007 and one of my items was my Wii. I had to call them (Nintendo) > fax them a police report > call them again > turn on Wii > Go to store and wait till it was sync'd with my old account. So, despite that girls claim and the Nintendo employee on the phone, it is possible to recover VC games downloaded from the Wii Shop, it's just a hassle.

One thing that did suck though was that I bought some more games before I contacted Nintendo about being robbed and when my old account sync'd, I couldn't play the other games anymore since they were technically bought on another account. I thought I could just keep them on the systems memory but the rep said in order to sync up with my older games I had to wipe my Wii clean so the store will reset itself (as if I never accessed it) to recover my older games.

Edited by LunarEdge

Iwata and Online Games

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/14/satoru-iwata-you-shouldnt-be-expecting-call-of-duty-like-games-to-be-offered-from-nintendo/

“The strength of Nintendo is definitely creating game experiences for people who can play in the same room together and enjoy them together. I think this is the strength we are coming from and if you look at our games and how they’re structured; this is the starting point (for our games). ”

“But we also have titles like Mario Kart that are heavily reliant on online and support online multiplayer. But you shouldn’t be expecting Call of Duty-like games to be offered from Nintendo. For that type of game my belief is that, if there are companies out there who can do this very well, then instead of us try to do it this, or to compete with them, it would be better to have them do it on our platforms, so to invite them and to support them to offer this kind of entertainment on our platform. ”

Iwata's pretty much saying all those 1st party games we expect them or want them to do or try with online (Mario, Pikmin) won't happen because it's not their strength. (which they wouldn't know if they never try). And that other devs are gonna make multiplayer games with good online for them.

Honestly, I really wouldn't care either way. Nintendo's devs are some of the only devs in this industry who do local multiplayer right, the huge focus on online these days has left something severely lacking in most multiplayer offerings these days.

Honestly, I really wouldn't care either way. Nintendo's devs are some of the only devs in this industry who do local multiplayer right, the huge focus on online these days has left something severely lacking in most multiplayer offerings these days.

While I agree with that, I still wish Nintendo would attempt Online play for something like Mario or Metroid. The only games I know that would have online would probably be a new Starfox or Smash Bros.