Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

A previous rumor has suggested that the price will be $300 instead. I'm personally hoping Walmart's prediction is wrong.

walmart-wii-u.jpg

Walmart leaks Wii U price? They were spot on with the Wii price long before we knew about it.

I still think that there is going to be a price drop after launch. Man, I think I become an analyst. I can make up sh** and get paid for it.

guessing the Wii-U doesn't have any inputs for GC remotes/memory cards?

Edited by Nintendoga

A Patent has appeared online which looks to be the Tablet Charging Stand

Wii-U-Controller-Charger-Patent.jpg

Personally I never used the one for the 3DS, but hey.

• Thumbs Up 1

They should get rid of the "circle-pads" and replace it with actual click-able analogue sticks.

That and find some reasonable means of having "R2L2" buttons.

While it's an extra thing for the 3DS, this hopefully means that the charger comes with the system so you won't have to get new batteries all the time like with the Wii remotes.

That and find some reasonable means of having "R2L2" buttons.

The WiiU tablet does have another set of shoulder buttons.

ZMCcD.jpg

Edited by Ekaje

While it's an extra thing for the 3DS, this hopefully means that the charger comes with the system so you won't have to get new batteries all the time like with the Wii remotes.

The WiiU tablet does have another set of shoulder buttons.

ZMCcD.jpg

That works, but the lack of proper Analogue-sticks which can be clicked is pretty unforgivable. Circle pads work for the 3DS, which is a handheld and needs to conserve space, but this is a home-console.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh geeze, I can see where this is heading...

Here's a comment that I believe might have been the reason for circle pads

Now as we all know in comparison to a lot of controllers the Wii U controller is rather big. Not as big as some people may think it is, but it's still pretty big. ("That's what she said." Beat you to it.) And because of that imagine holding the Wii U controller as it is. Now imagine holding it with sticks. That's about an extra inch at the most in someone's hands. And they have to accommodate for various sizes. So someone with big hands may not have a problem, but smaller hands could.

The Wii U has been said by the few who have actually held, (me not being one of them) they say it is comfortable. So I think only those few people can actually say if an inch or half inch would be uncomfortable. But as far as Nintendo's thinking, that could be one reason why they chose circle pads.

Oh, so there is something protruding on the back to kinda work your fingers around. I've been wondering for ages how well a flat bottom would work but there is something, at least.

Wait, so the Wii-U really does use the 3DS circle pads? Great, just awsome >:I.

tbh, I would be okay with rebuying Gamecube games IF they gave the multiplayer online support.

Which they won't since it's Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 2

A rumor is going around that the Wii U will have "clickable" Circle Pads.

Wait, so the Wii-U really does use the 3DS circle pads? Great, just awsome >:I.

tbh, I would be okay with rebuying Gamecube games IF they gave the multiplayer online support.

• Thumbs Up 5

That's sort of why I would welcome key GameCube titles seeing HD remakes with all new graphics and such. They can, in the process of built rebuilt, be given all of the appropriate "hooks" as you called them, for things like online multiplayer. That can't be done if they simply do a straight port.

I hope this whole "Nintendo Network" thing will be shown off a bit more at E3. An account system that covers both Wii U and 3DS would work nicely.

Wait, I thought I heard that Nintendo was ditching all Gamecube support for the Wii U?

You can't use the discs, but there'll most likely be a download service with them.

A Patent has appeared online which looks to be the Tablet Charging Stand

Wii-U-Controller-Charger-Patent.jpg

Personally I never used the one for the 3DS, but hey.

Really? I use mine all the time. I carry a spare cord (used to be my DSi-s cord) in case I need charging away from home, but I always use the cradle at home or on multiday trips. It's so simple to just plop it in, and you can use the unit on the charger, same as when it's plugged in directly. I had one of the recharging stations for my Wiimotes, which I loved until I discovered you can't buy replacement batteries but have to buy a whole new charger; also, it voids the warranty on the Wiimotes. I'd be delighted to have an 'approved' recharge method for the WiiU. Also, if you're running movies on it or something, it looks very useful, as it holds it upright and keeps it charged. (I assume that the console will continue the Netflix/ Hulu/ whatever tradition, and it seems logical that it would be able to stream same to the tablet.)

Now as we all know in comparison to a lot of controllers the Wii U controller is rather big. Not as big as some people may think it is, but it's still pretty big. ("That's what she said." Beat you to it.) And because of that imagine holding the Wii U controller as it is. Now imagine holding it with sticks. That's about an extra inch at the most in someone's hands. And they have to accommodate for various sizes. So someone with big hands may not have a problem, but smaller hands could.

The Wii U has been said by the few who have actually held, (me not being one of them) they say it is comfortable. So I think only those few people can actually say if an inch or half inch would be uncomfortable. But as far as Nintendo's thinking, that could be one reason why they chose circle pads.

Tell that to Microsoft....

Anyways though. I REALLY REALLY don't like the tablet controller as it has been seen. It looks, and I bet feels, truly awful. D:

I guess having a charging stand is nice. Considering Nintendo themselves were WAY PAST TOO LAZY to give us something for the Wiimotes.

I dunno, the PS3's original Batarang controller looked awful too, I was laughing when they first showed it off, but apparently it was a lot nicer to hold than the Dualshock design they eventually opted for; proof, if any were needed, that a bad looking design isn't necessarily a bad feeling design. Nintendo's been pretty 'with it' when it's come to ergonomic design lately, at least for the past decade, so I have high hopes that the tablet pad won't feel awful to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 360 pad is the most comfortable controller to hold, don't know what you're on about.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo made the N64 controller. Microsoft made the XBox Controller S.

I inherently have far more trust in Microsoft to know what the fuck they are doing by than I do Nintendo.

Wait, I thought I heard that Nintendo was ditching all Gamecube support for the Wii U?

No. You simply get the benefit of rebuying all of your Gamecube games when the system absolutely 100% could play them directly if Nintendo gave a shit.

• Thumbs Up 7

Nintendo made the N64 controller. Microsoft made the XBox Controller S.

I inherently have far more trust in Microsoft to know what the fuck they are doing by than I do Nintendo.

No. You simply get the benefit of rebuying all of your Gamecube games when the system absolutely 100% could play them directly if Nintendo gave a shit.

No eff that.... you see? THAT'S the kinda sleezy business stuff that I don't like these days, tricks to get more money, like Sonic 4 only being named that for more sales, all these DLC scandals, and now this garbage. Edited by SuperJXJ

They can't build in support for every past system.

• Thumbs Up 8

But in the case of the WiiU, it might not be a case where it would be difficult/need extra parts like with PS2 BC on the PS3, it might just be a case of not letting you like with DVD playback and the Wii. I'm not sure if that's the case though with the WiiU though.

Edited by Ekaje