Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

NINJAAAA'D >8/

Seriously though, Nintendo possibly making a good decision?

Not really. It's still a lardass of a controller. It just lost a little weight and got some cosmetic surgery is all.

Not really. It's still a lardass of a controller. It just lost a little weight and got some cosmetic surgery is all.

Except for the few (and I mean few) minor changes, there really isn't a big change. Still a bulky controller with a screen that will probably cost close to $100.

I meant them adding real control sticks instead of the handheld slide pad things.

I wonder what the squares under the d-pad and next to the power button are for?

Brightness adjustment? Maybe for the one by the power button, at least.

Edited by Tornado

I don't get the whole "bulky" thing because, it apparently isn't all that big. Certainly not the size of an actual tablet.

So they had a better controller design and went out of their way to make it worse. Seemingly just because.

You see, now that sounds like the Nintendo we all know.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

What it confirms is that we still don't know what the hell the final Wii U controller will look like, considering that's from a devkit, and the ones at last year's E3 weren't final either. Jesus, why is Nintendo so freakin' secretive?

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Uh... That isn't a new controller. It is the BETA Dev-Kit. The Circle Pads replaced the analogue sticks.

large.jpg

http://www.nintendol...analogue_sticks

But, they can still go back right?...

Right?

Phbbft, who am I kidding? Common sense is beyond Nintendo when it comes to controllers.

For the love of god, please let me be wrong Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 5

Here's the patents for the "good" analog controller on top and "bad" circle pad one on bottom. Apparently the one giving us these tells us that the analog controller is actually the newer version, not the original.

1hwxx0.jpg

1azozb6.jpg

6qqyi9.jpg6appa68.jpg

2yelan.jpg2a2wl4m.jpg

3lylor.jpg3apgl5u.jpg

4cmz9s.jpg4apsynu.jpg

5jxyl3.jpg5aq4bi2.jpg

Ironically, the newer one is wider and even bulkier from the sides. But it has alot of subtle changes that make it better imo.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't like the analog sticks. I feel like given the controller's size, it would be more comfortable to hold with the flat circle pads than the analog sticks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like the analog sticks. I feel like given the controller's size, it would be more comfortable to hold with the flat circle pads than the analog sticks.

My issue with circle pads is that they feel very uncomfortable to me. Playing Super Mario 3D Land took entirely too long to get used to for a Mario game because of the pads.

• Thumbs Up 1

...I'm confused now. Will the Wii U controller have the sliding circle pads or traditional analog sticks?

...I'm confused now. Will the Wii U controller have the sliding circle pads or traditional analog sticks?

The analogs are the newest revision, but Nintendo may change it again

Yup, it was actually misreported that the analog version was the old version. Several GoNintendo members told me that NeoGaf members pointed it as a mistake. It was too late as many websites reported the controller being a beta (like the one I pointed as my source).

My issue with circle pads is that they feel very uncomfortable to me. Playing Super Mario 3D Land took entirely too long to get used to for a Mario game because of the pads.

I'm just worried that my thumbs will slip off like they do on the 3DS's slide pad. Not to mention sensitive movements can be a pain at times on the slide pad (on the 3DS anyway).

Analogs are more traditional for consoles and should stay that way

I have no issue with the circle pad but, games that require very fine movements (like tight rope walking and sneaking) could be a potential problem as it doesn't have the incremental movement analog does.

I have no issue with the circle pad but, games that require very fine movements (like tight rope walking and sneaking) could be a potential problem as it doesn't have the incremental movement analog does.

Wait, what the hell? What're you talking about, circle pads DO have incremental movement, I know for sure.

And I really don't care either way if they use analog sticks or circle pads, both are fine.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Unfortunately the game tester who posted the final controller pic, has been fired.

Not only that, but Erlend Wollan, a systems development consultant, says he may even be taken to court.

EDIT: Oops meant pic, not pics

Edited by Nintendoga

Unfortunately the game tester who posted the final controller pics, has been fired.

Not only that, but Erlend Wollan, a systems development consultant, says he may even be taken to court.

Pics? There was only one pic, wasn't there? Was there no way he could have done it anonymously, or did he post them by accident? With E3 just a couple of weeks away, it was pretty stupid of him to risk losing his job just to let the public see the final controller slightly earlier.

Pics? There was only one pic, wasn't there? Was there no way he could have done it anonymously, or did he post them by accident? With E3 just a couple of weeks away, it was pretty stupid of him to risk losing his job just to let the public see the final controller slightly earlier.

Oops meant pic.

The tester was pretty foolish to send the tweet to everyone under his own social irl twitter account. He could've easily made a new twitter account or post it on 4chan or something. Oh well

That person is really going to have a tough time finding another job since he has to report that he was fired and give the reason. Leaking confidental info like that is really going to be a brick wall for him.

...Why would he have to go to court over it? That sounds like they're overdoing it.

Wait, what the hell? What're you talking about, circle pads DO have incremental movement, I know for sure.

And I really don't care either way if they use analog sticks or circle pads, both are fine.

It's not as sensitive as full analog. You basically have only part way and all the way.

...Why would he have to go to court over it? That sounds like they're overdoing it.

He broke a contract. You don't do that.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

I know, but court? Over a leak that would eventually be public info anyways?

I just don't get it.